MGS Peace Walker and MGS Rising Rivalry

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who would've thought. Kojima's teams in competition. That's right. The two teams working separately on Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and Metal Gear Solid: Rising (PS3, Xbox 360, and PC) "are not really good friends," this according to the big man himself, Hideo Kojima.

Talking to GamePro, Kojima relayed how there is an on-going "sibling rivalry" between the two teams, primarily because one is getting more than the other.

The reason why I say they are not good friends is because the PSP is working day and night to make it even better than MGS4, but of course they can't do it because of a lot of restrictions. On the other hand, the Rising Team is using loads of money and loads of capacity and hardware specs. If you could imagine the PSP team looking at the Rising team saying, they have all the money and specs. That's the one reason why they are not good friends.

And how does he find this scenario?

It's interesting for me to see the team members act in this way. This was never before because it was always just one small team. Now we are much bigger. So it's really interesting for me to watch the team right now.

A little competition can't hurt anyone, especially if in the end, the product will be a showcase of competitive brilliance -- which we know we need a whole lot more these days.

News Source: PSP QJ

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This is great. I hope they keep this going, it'll make the games even better, hehe. Peace Walker's already looking pretty good. Haven't seen anything on Rising yet though.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
The reason why I say they are not good friends is because the PSP is working day and night to make it even better than MGS4, but of course they can't do it because of a lot of restrictions.

Did anyone else think that was kind of a dick thing to say? Just curious.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Rock Raiyu said:
The reason why I say they are not good friends is because the PSP is working day and night to make it even better than MGS4, but of course they can't do it because of a lot of restrictions.

Did anyone else think that was kind of a dick thing to say? Just curious.

Now that I read it, it does make it seem like he's letting down the PSP team even though he is directing it.

But it'll probably help push the team to its limits. I hope to see more of Rising at TGS 09 in a few weeks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1