Homebrew mGBA Wii - Seperate games and saves/states?

HeavyMetalLoser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I switched from VBAGX to mGBA, and I love the performance boost it gives, even if the interface isn't as pretty or streamlined. That said, it kinda bothers me that my Roms, Saves, and Save States are all bunched together and show up in the list when I'm loading a game. Is there a way to set up mGBA so that it only shows roms in the list while still letting the games access my saves and states?

And don't tell me to use Retroarch. I tried setting that up on both Wii and PC and both times all I got was a big headache.

Reactions: rogerioronin

DeadlyRevengexX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, sorry I can't help you with your problem... but I have a problem of my own that maybe you can help me with?

I have mGBA on my Wiis 1GB SD card, and I do not want to save my roms and saves on it..I want to save my roms and saves on my Fat32 external HDD. mGBA did not come with instructions on how to go about this.. Would you happen to know exactly how I would need to setup the folders in my external HDD? Thanks!

HeavyMetalLoser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna bump this. Does anyone also know what zoom settings would fill a 4:3 display with the correct 3:2 GBA aspect ratio? I use 90% Horizontal/100% Vertical for 16:9 displays which fill the screen from top to bottom with black bars on the sides, but for a CRT I wanna fill it from left to right with bars on the top and bottom.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Does anyone also know what zoom settings would fill a 4:3 display with the correct 3:2 GBA aspect ratio?
stretchWidth=.93
stretchHeight=.79

Is a 2.5 scale for GBA games, for some reason. I don't know how to calculate it, just trial and error, and screenshots. It might be too big for CRTs, though since mGBA doesn't do additional scaling it should fit but will look quite thin.
This setting doesn't do anything in the latest build.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi