mGBA now allows connection to Dolphin Emulator for Game Boy Advance to GameCube connectivity

mgba dolphin.PNG

For years, progress in the emulation scene stagnated when in came to Game Boy Advance to GameCube connectivity; a feature used in some games. This is because the task is no easy one as it requires thorough understanding of the two systems. However, with its 0.9 release, popular GBA emulator mGBA emulator brings support for connecting to Dolphin as well as some fixes on Dolphin's end of the GBA <-> GCN protocol to improve stability when connecting with any supported GBA emulator (not just mGBA).

The official Dolphin Emulator YouTube channel released a new video today testing the feature on several games, concluding that connectivity is better than ever:

However, a new article on the Dolphin Emulator website notes that there are certain issues with some games like The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. These issues can be attributed to the latency with the current protocol. That said, the Dolphin Emulator team says that they have a plan to address those issues by integrating the emulators more closely and include mGBA features in the process like save states and netplay.

You can check the Dolphin Emulator article in the source link below for more details about this feature and for a compatibility list.

:arrow: SOURCE

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty cool. Guess I'll have to try this emu now. Haven't messed with GBA emu for a long time.

I have all the original hardware to do this too. Gamecube, AGS-101, Nintendo official link cable.

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
I would love to play Four Swords with four players. Like, pile everything together with internet connectivity and a zipped download pack of files and be like 'here, friends, you shall now join me in reliving the glory days of Zelda multiplayer' and then I'm playing with a full group for the first time since the original release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol