Not open for further replies.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi,

recently i wanted to play pokemon leaf green over mGBA emulator on homebrew launcher but emulator is horrible laggy and game is unplayable. Is it possible somehow to fix that lag?

Also I have tried to install leaf green as a .cia package but no one of downloaded games didn't work. I guess i'm doing something wrong.

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

recently i wanted to play pokemon leaf green over mGBA emulator on homebrew launcher but emulator is horrible laggy and game is unplayable. Is it possible somehow to fix that lag?

Also I have tried to install leaf green as a .cia package but no one of downloaded games didn't work. I guess i'm doing something wrong.
Try gpsp, it runs faster for me. Also, are you using O3DS or N3DS. You're better off with injections if you're using O3DS

Hoppy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on old 3ds, how do i inject gba games?
You could always check That Iso site for a Leafgreen CIA, then installing it with your favourite CIA manager.
(unless you don't have CFW; in that case, you'll never get GBA games at perfect FPS on o3DS...)

Last edited by Hoppy,

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I did that, but games didn't work. I got error like ''something is corrupted please hold power button to shut down console''.

Hoppy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that, but games didn't work. I got error like ''something is corrupted please hold power button to shut down console''.
Which CFW are you using? If you're using AuReiNand, you only have to install the game to SysNAND as well as EmuNAND. If you're using something else, you have to install a patched AGB_FIRM, as well as installing the game to SysNAND.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Also someone can recommend me some emulator which is the easiest and safest to install.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isnt GPSP for psp console?
http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/3ds/

No.

Download the latest release of retroarch (cia versions, should be 12mb). You can install mGBA or GPSP, OR both... both is always better than one. You'll need a GBA bios.

*EDIT* Won't do ya much good considering you have an O3DS though. Regardless retroarch has a few other options available (like gambatte) that runs perfectly fine on O3DS.
You can read up on more info here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-emulation-thread-nightly-builds-included.400913/

Last edited by Vanth88,

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have rxtools and 10.7 firmware on emunand, how do i install bios? And can that harm my device?

Hoppy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have rxtools and 10.7 firmware on emunand, how do i install bios? And can that harm my device?
You have to find the GBA_BIOS on Google, as we aren't allowed to link it here...It won't harm your device at all.
Once you do find it, extract it and place it in SD:/retroarch/cores/system folder.

Last edited by Hoppy,

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So, I just need to download them and extract them to that location which you gave me? What after it? I should install cia and game will work?

Hoppy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just need to download them and extract them to that location which you gave me? What after it? I should install cia and game will work?
Oh, no, that's only if you wanted to use gpSP. Since you're on RxTools, all you need to do is find the Old 3DS Patched AGB_Firm from That Iso site. You install it to the NAND on both SysNAND and EmuNAND via switching to NAND mode in FBI by pressing L, then selecting the AGB_FIRM and installing it. Afterwards, to get any GBA game to work, you just need to install them once to SysNAND, and once to EmuNAND.
I think that covers everything...forgive me, as I'm very dumb and tend to not read everything all at once.

Last edited by Hoppy,

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Process seems too complicated for some simple GBA games... I don't think it's worth of a try.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be used on 3DS too, but I don't think it runs well on o3DS. Again, what CFW are you running?
gpsp runs just fine for pokemon games. My emerald runs practically full speed on gpsp. much better than the 30fps I get from mgba.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

honestly with a pokemon game gpsp will run it quite well. Just install the retroarch gpsp cia to emunand and u should be fine

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have installed gpsp as a cia over fbi, now i'm getting some error code. I guess i should download now gba bios and put them in directory on sd card, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1