mfe-fs.bz2help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jrsaysbiteme, May 31, 2008.

1. jrsaysbiteme
    OP

jrsaysbiteme Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2008
    United States
    Ok so im new to this forum and kinda new to the wii homebrew scene but i learn fast. I recently installed the homebrew channel without a hitch and up untill now great success. Im trying to get what is called the mplayer to work but i keep getting an error. It says something like sorry, cannot find mfe-fs.bz2. Its driving me crazy cause i tried a totally different sd card and formated it with many different programs. I cant figure this one out. What would i put on my sd card exactly to get this working from the homebrew channel? I could only get results using a sd loader and going from the twilight hack but from what i understand i should only have to be going to the homebrew channel and it should appear from my sd card but i always get nothing. And ive tried everything. Oh and the guide on here is the best ive found and has helped me alot. Any tips on this mfe-fs.bz2 error would be gratefully appreciated.

2. Wanque

Wanque GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2005
    EDIT - forget it, didn't read your question properly.

I think the bz2 file goes onto the root directory of your SD card in a folder called 'mfe'.
    So you'd have the boot.elf and the rest of the stuff in

SD://apps/mfe/

And the bz2 in

SD://mfe/

3. jrsaysbiteme
    OP

jrsaysbiteme Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2008
    United States
    Is there any other way to load applications, vc's etc other than the twilight hack? Shouldnt i be able to load this stuff from the homebrew channel other than loading the game eachtime. Oh and ill try that out in a couple minutes there wanque.

4. jrsaysbiteme
    OP

jrsaysbiteme Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2008
    United States
    I just read that you should uninstall any wads you installed before going online or nintendo can brick your wii. Is this true?

5. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
    Not true, but it's good to be wary.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice