Gaming Mew Glitch VC Yellow (Blue/Red), spoiler.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically,
As long as you still have an "off-screen" trainer (OST):
1. Teleport away from before he can battle you
2. defeat a different trainer
3. go back to route of the OST
4. menu pops up, pokemon appears!
5. save the game, and go back to step one, if you want to!

I saw this video a thousand times as a kid. Thought the mew glitch to be fake. I never once got it to work!

Reactions: Queno138

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wow, can't believe they didn't fix the glitch.
Well, then it isn't fun if you can get every pokémon without trading, since I go legit and would like legit traders who don't abuse the glitch.
I'm glad they didn't patch any glitches. Glitches were a lot of fun back in R/B/Y and they're a big part of the nostalgia, plus these are just re-releases, not remakes.

Reactions: Queno138

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think they may have fixed it, every time I do the save and quickly reset after it asks me if I want to save my save file becomes corrupted.

You need to reset 2 frames after the yes/no disappears (IIRC), which is made more annoying by the lag in pausing the emulator..

DZgaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if it's possible to force Red /Blue to play in its GBC color palette mode? Maybe some file somewhere editing or swapping a file from Yellow that forces it into the GBC mode?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Red/Blue do not have a GBC mode, they have a SGB mode (that is not emulated by VC), or if you mean the "press arrow and nothing/A/B to set color until you power off" feature of a real GBC/GBA, you can customize the palettes if you were to edit the cia!

DZgaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red/Blue do not have a GBC mode, they have a SGB mode (that is not emulated by VC), or if you mean the "press arrow and nothing/A/B to set color until you power off" feature of a real GBC/GBA, you can customize the palettes if you were to edit the cia!
yeah, I guess the SGB. The default color scheme when it one of the carts was inserted into a GBC.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The default was one of the key combos -- normally it would be the blue-green one, but the GBC firmware has a list of alternate defaults depending on title ID!

I don't think it's possible to set different colors for each channel (tiles 0, tiles 1, sprites) like on a real GBC...

DZgaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The default was one of the key combos -- normally it would be the blue-green one, but the GBC firmware has a list of alternate defaults depending on title ID!

I don't think it's possible to set different colors for each channel (tiles 0, tiles 1, sprites) like on a real GBC...
Did it do that with RB on a GBC though? I thought it was just a red pallete and blue had blue.

or is there a way to run RB in the emulator that Yellow is using?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did it do that with RB on a GBC though? I thought it was just a red pallete and blue had blue.
Yes, like every other "type 1" game (1 = no GBC mode, 2 = hybrids, 3 = GBC exclusive, 4 = GBA exclusive)

or is there a way to run RB in the emulator that Yellow is using?
Yes, but it's useless (in fact the emulator is already exactly the same, Red comes with Pikachu's voice dumps). What you probably want is the Red colorized hack, that most likely doesn't support multiplayer on the new emulator, but of course has savestates on the old one :)

DZgaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, like every other "type 1" game (1 = no GBC mode, 2 = hybrids, 3 = GBC exclusive, 4 = GBA exclusive)

Yes, but it's useless (in fact the emulator is already exactly the same, Red comes with Pikachu's voice dumps). What you probably want is the Red colorized hack, that most likely doesn't support multiplayer on the new emulator, but of course has savestates on the old one :)
okay thanks a ton. one last question because I hate to hijack the thread. You mentioned the "Cia" editing? How would I go about doing that?

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
that's not surprising ... they don't cared to revise a thing...
They could ad least fix different region battles and trade ....
There are translation of the game, made by fan, but these are also not avaiable (example, mandarin, portuguese, korean maybe?) all they got was from the region next to them ... so well they really do cared much more than making link possible :P

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Good ole pokemon yellow, heh.

2016-02-27 12.24.03.jpg

Reactions: VinsCool
D

Deleted-19228

Just FYI the wireless game link patch was hacked in using ASM by Nintendo for whatever reason. Most patches that modify the game code will render the game link patch unusable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16