United Kingdom
gallery_286420_347_748744.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked Super Meat Boy and Binding of Isaac (while not specifically Team Meat but associated) was also pretty good once you got into the swing of things.

I'll keep an eye out for it but I won't freak out over it.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Could've fooled me. It sure has the looks, aesthetics, and gameplay of a flash game, like every other Team Meat game.

Perhaps because they keep similar art styles that are taken as "Flash game art styles" because their previous games used both the same art style and Flash?

Also I didn't know the platform it was developed on determines if a game is instantly bad. I learn something new every day.

Reactions: 1 person

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Really? Could've fooled me. It sure has the looks, aesthetics, and gameplay of a flash game, like every other Team Meat game.

Perhaps because they keep similar art styles that are taken as "Flash game art styles" because their previous games used both the same art style and Flash?

Also I didn't know the platform it was developed on determines if a game is instantly bad. I learn something new every day.
You're missing the point. It looks like a flash game, just like Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac, and knowing Team Meat, I'm sure the gameplay will be just as lackluster. People shouldn't have to pay for Newgrounds-quality games, and developers shouldn't be wasting their time on games like this.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're missing the point. It looks like a flash game, just like Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac, and knowing Team Meat, I'm sure the gameplay will be just as lackluster. People shouldn't have to pay for Newgrounds-quality games, and developers shouldn't be wasting their time on games like this.

The games are good, since when do people give a shit about them? They have solid art, great soundtracks, and they're fun. I don't care if it was made on a lump of twigs and some cardboard, if I have fun playing it then I have no issues paying for it. I put barely any money into the Humble Bundle that got me Binding of Isaac and Steam says I clocked 7 hours at least (most likely more since I play it on Offline Mode while at school or away from a connection). I know people who have clocked upwards of 80 hours on that game.

I'm paying for a quality game I enjoy, I don't care if it was made on Flash.

Reactions: 4 people

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
The games are good, since when do people give a shit about them? They have solid art, great soundtracks, and they're fun. I don't care if it was made on a lump of twigs and some cardboard, if I have fun playing it then I have no issues paying for it. I put barely any money into the Humble Bundle that got me Binding of Isaac and Steam says I clocked 7 hours at least (most likely more since I play it on Offline Mode while at school or away from a connection). I know people who have clocked upwards of 80 hours on that game.

They really aren't quality games. The Binding of Isaac was probably one of the most boring, repetitive games I've ever played. Not to mention, they try to add all these dumb memes and references to the game, thinking it's funny, when it's really not. They should be free games on Newgrounds, and nothing more.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They really aren't quality games. The Binding of Isaac was probably one of the most boring, repetitive games I've ever played. Not to mention, they try to add all these dumb memes and references to the game, thinking it's funny, when it's really not. They should be free games on Newgrounds, and nothing more.

Honestly, I felt the same about Isaac until recently and I found it enjoyable. Not because everyone else rode the hype train, I just enjoyed the pick-up-and-play aspects of it and liked how it was paced. It's simple, yes, but it's fun. Its got some great replay value, it has some good difficulty, a good amount of variety, and the game can be quite deep. It's an homage to roguelikes with an old school Zelda-esque layout. For $5 it's a really solid package.

References aren't funny? I don't see an issue with adding jokes, it's not like they're trying too hard. Like the Internet levels in Super Meat Boy have a trollface as the world image. That's a chuckle. It's not like they're beating you over the head with them.

My point is though that you're already saying the game is shit when there's literally no info on it. You could at least keep an open mind about it.

Also is it cool now to hate on Team Meat games?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, Binding Of Issac literally IS a flash game (at least on the PC). What you're launching is a wrapper that loads the .swf into memory in the standalone player.

I don't know if this is true for Super Meat Boy (I'm too lazy to check), but I wouldn't doubt it.

cat planet cat planet cat planet cat planet
cat planet cat planet

cat planet cat planet

everybody catplanet!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, Binding Of Issac literally IS a flash game (at least on the PC). What you're launching is a wrapper that loads the .swf into memory in the standalone player.

I don't know if this is true for Super Meat Boy (I'm too lazy to check), but I wouldn't doubt it.

Oh, I'm not doubting that they're Flash games, my point though is who gives a fuck.

Reactions: 3 people

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Oh, I'm not doubting that they're Flash games, my point though is who gives a fuck.
Flash is very laggy and slow, even on pretty good PCs. The games are good and I liked both the Binding of Isaac and Super Meat Boy, but fast-paced games really suffer from the sluggishness of Flash. I've died so often because of input lag in Tower of Heaven and the flash version of Hexagon. I didn't have this in Super Meat Boy so I seriously doubt it was made in Flash. That, and they had to create a (far inferior) Mac port, which they wouldn't have had to do if it was made in Flash like the original Meat Boy.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't? I couldn't find an official list, so I went to Wikipedia and pulled up the newgrounds entry, went to the page for all the accounts listed as having created it, and multiple showed a Binding Of Isaac demo as one of their contributions.

So even if it's not by the same "team", it seems it was done by the same human beings.

EDIT: Grammar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1