"Metroidvania" game Indivisible delayed and pushed back to 2019

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 16, 2018 at 7:06 PM.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Thumbnail_Sorry.jpg

Games getting delayed today appears to be a trend, as Lab Zero's crowdfunded game Indivisible joins Shenmue III and Metro Exodus in being unable to make their original 2018 launch timeframe. Revealed back in 2015 by the Skullgirls developers, the game came to be when it was put on Indiegogo where it achieved $963,000 out of its 1.5 million dollar goal. Afterwards, the funding period was extended by two months, and when crowdfunding officially closed, it had reached over 2 million dollars total. Publisher 505 Games helped fund the rest of the game, and it was scheduled to release sometime this year. Now, it'll be releasing in Q1 2019, for Xbox One, Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC. The delay is cited due to funding issues, which 505 has stepped in once more to solve, and a new writer and level designer both have been hired onto the team to help them make their new release date.

:arrow: Source

New screenshots were also posted, which you can view below.

Indiv01-768x432.png Indiv02-768x432.png Indiv04-768x432.png Indiv05-768x432.png

damiano2712 likes this.
  2. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    delay that 2.5d mess to 2910

Subtle Demise and Eix like this.
  3. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
  4. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    TIL "metroidvania" is a word

For anyone else uninformed

goldensun87 likes this.
  5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well, least it's going to be expanded, but now I wonder what the price will be, maybe $20 or even $30 dipping into retail sales and not just digital downloads.:unsure:

6. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Maniac (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    I'm fairly sure that last time I checked, the Indiegogo page had made a LOT more than 1.5 million dollars, so don't know what all this is about:unsure: And they could have released the almost completed version they had for PC first instead of holding it back to add console support for no reason:/

7. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Looks like they extended the funding time when the original campaign didn't reach all the necessary funding. I'll edit that into the OP.

8. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Here's the page if you need it: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls#/

They made ~2250000$, which is considerably more than what was supposedly necessary and that doesn't include what was funded by 505 Game as far as I'm aware. So basically, they did have the money they needed by this point, but they are just dragging it on for no real reason besides having fallen behind in development by forcing themselves to take the game multi-platform, which I think is stupid and really disappointing nowadays. Why do so many devs do that nowadays? They will either delay release to have console support or will delay the PC port on a game that's supposed to be primarily for computers.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  9. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    because multi console was probably one of the reason they reached their funding goal.

invaderyoyo likes this.
  10. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    What are you even talking about? Until the funding campaign ended at 1.6M$, it was PC ONLY. Console support wasn't even planned until relatively recently.

11. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I will be getting this for sure, didn't even know about the game, but it looks great.
    Sorry to those that knew about it and are feeling the delay.

12. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    It's really fun, having played it, I can tell you it's worth up to 25$/€ as a game, so try it out. Does involve a fair bit of backtracking to open up new routes, but it's good.

13. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Never heard of this game.

14. BORTZ

BORTZ Tired of being the good guy

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Metroidvania titles are one of my favorite genres of games, I would rather not get an incomplete game. That said, i never count any kickstarter eggs before they hatch.

x65943 likes this.
  15. jumpman17

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Former Staff
    Apr 11, 2003
    United States
    I forgot this was a thing. I remember the original campaign and the little demo thing. I was really excited. And then I forgot it existed. What's it been now, like 5 years or something?

Subtle Demise and x65943 like this.
  16. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    The campaign started October 5, 2015

So not quite 3 years :D

17. KingMoogle

KingMoogle Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2017
    United States
    Lab Zero has made good on their word before with Skullgirls so I'm not too worried.
    One of the biggest things they've always wish they could do with Skullgirls is add more to the game.

I'd rather see them make a complete game rather than a incomplete game.

Last edited by KingMoogle, May 17, 2018 at 5:46 PM
  18. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Vietnam
    You have me at Metroidvania. For this kind of game, game control and map design are everything and neither of them can be rush. What I am worry about is the lack of funding may affect the game quality, make it play like shit and full of bug when release.

19. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    An anti-anime bunker
    Noooo I was looking forward to this.... because Shantae is a playable character

20. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    It doesn't look terribly interesting to me, but maybe I'll change my mind. Gonna be trying it at E3 apparently.

It's better to be delayed than released early *cough* Sea of Thieves *cough* and have the game be given an initially negative reaction that sticks with it forever. It's good to see they weren't willing to cut content to hit a deadline, and even nicer they were funded to be able to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice