Metroid: Zero Mission sequence breaking question

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Sora de Eclaune, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    My friend and I are playing Metroid: Zero Mission together to see who can beat the game first, but as she's lost in OCD map completion syndrome I've decided I want to sequence break to pass the time. Or until they catch up, progress-wise.

Now, I'm up to Mother Brain, and I know you're not supposed to do this, but I'd like to get to Chozodia before I beat Mother Brain and without using any kinds of cheats. Would that be possible?

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    The game has lots of shortcuts throughout the entire map. The only problem is that much of Chozo section is not accessable until you finish motherbrain. I used a powerbomb to access most of the area before doing motherbrain, but the game will not let you progress to where you can get the Chozo powersuit, you can't enter the room if you already got the other suit.

3. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

United States
    But power bombs aren't accessable before Mother Brain unless you're cheating... I'm not sure on the cheating with an EZ Flash 3in1, which is why I'm don't want to cheat in the first place, but still... If there's even a slim chance you can get into Chozodia before you fight Mother Brain, I want to take that chance.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Of course I cheated, you can't get power bombs until your suitless. Even with cheating, you can't access all of Chozo section. The suitless part is mandatory for you to get the Chozo suit. Doing the Chozo area early is zero.

The fastest 100% for normal/hard is about 56:11/55:25. You should just watch the speed runs to try and use any of the methods they used.
    http://speeddemosarchive.com/MetroidZeroMission.html

5. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

United States
    I tried and failed, so I gave up and fought Mother Brain.