OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
metroidWiiU.jpg

QUOTE said:
"I can't give you any details now, but I'm sure there will be a new Metroid release making use of the new controller, not just to control Samus and her ship but also to give the player a new source of information. Maybe the player is looking at the screen but has the information that they need to defeat the enemy in their hands. You could look through the screen and scan your enemy and find where it's weakspot is." - Nintendo's Katsuya Eguchi

Source

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ehh...I would have used a better description than "Nintendo employee" but that's just me. But even though it's true Metroid hasn't been on all Nintendo consoles, it seems obvious that'd there'd be one on the Wii U.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I'm so tired. I thought the title said "won't" instead of "will". I was so upset!

I hope it's better than Metroid: Other M. The graphics were amazing, but it was far too short and the dialog was pretty bad. The story was okay.

dangerboy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seraph said:
Ehh...I would have used a better description than "Nintendo employee" but that's just me. But even though it's true Metroid hasn't been on all Nintendo consoles, it seems obvious that'd there'd be one on the Wii U.

yeah he deserves some respect. he's not some random nintendo employee. his name should have been in the title instead, please edit title.

Katsuya Eguchi: Works

Super Mario Bros. 3 - Designer (NES, 1988)
Super Mario World - Designer (SNES, 1988)
Star Fox - Director (SNES, 1993)
Wave Race 64 - Director (N64, 1996)
Yoshi's Story - Chief Designer (N64, 1998)
Mario Artist: Talent Maker - Advisor (N64 64DD, 2000)
Animal Forest - Director (N64, 2001)
Animal Crossing - Director (GCN, 2002)
Animal Crossing e+ - Director (GCN, 2003)
Animal Crossing: Wild World - Producer (NDS, 2005)
Wii Sports - Producer (Wii, 2006)
Wii Play - Producer (Wii, 2006)
Star Fox Command - Supervisor (NDS, 2006)
Wii Music - Producer (Wii, 2008)
Animal Crossing: City Folk - Producer (Wii, 2008)
Wii Sports Resort - Producer (Wii, 2009)

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
dangerboy said:
Seraph said:

yeah he deserves some respect. he's not some random nintendo employee. his name should have been in the title instead, please edit title.

No. Nintendo employee is perfectly fine. Most of people don't care about names anyway. (Besides only staff can edit topic titles).

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
WiiBricker said:
dangerboy said:
Seraph said:

No. Nintendo employee is perfectly fine. Most of people don't care about names anyway. (Besides only staff can edit topic titles).
I care. I care a fair bit. It helps to know whether or not they're a random employee or someone who's done something big in the past.

QUOTE(Bladexdsl @ Jun 15 2011, 05:26 PM)
plz just don't fuck it up like they did with other m
Please can you try to use some grammar once in a while?

Aside from that, I agree. Team Ninja should've stuck to Ninja Gaiden and leave Metroid to Nintendo.

Ron457x2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Bladexdsl said:
Until that game, I didn't understand why Link from Zelda and Samus from Metroid never talked.

My favorite Metroid game is still Corruption, followed by Hunters, so I hope they go back to that style of gameplay.

To be honest, I sincerely enjoyed Metroid other M. I hated the dialouge but other than that the game was a thrill experience.
I did like the idea of a 3rd person perspective, but they should of fixed the controls a bit (Nunchuck support) Anyway this is my opinion.
I would really love the idea to see another Metroid game in 3rd person view, but with better controls and dialouge.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Ron457x2 said:
JoostinOnline said:
Bladexdsl said:
Until that game, I didn't understand why Link from Zelda and Samus from Metroid never talked.

My favorite Metroid game is still Corruption, followed by Hunters, so I hope they go back to that style of gameplay.

To be honest, I sincerely enjoyed Metroid other M. I hated the dialouge but other than that the game was a thrill experience.
I did like the idea of a 3rd person perspective, but they should of fixed the controls a bit (Nunchuck support) Anyway this is my opinion.
I would really love the idea to see another Metroid game in 3rd person view, but with better controls and dialouge.
It was way too shot in my opinion. I beat it on Normal, collecting every item, in 8 hours. I then beat it on Hard mode (no items available) in 6 hours. A full run of Corruption on Normal still takes me about 12 hours, and I've played it tons of times. For me, the story is the most important part of the game. Don't read the rest if you haven't beaten Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

In Corruption, it's the final battle with Dark Samus. Samus and her friends (other bounty hunters) have all been corrupted with Phazon. Unlike other games where it is simply about saving the planet/galaxy, in this one she has to deal with the burden of killing her friends. Her first battle with a fellow hunter is with Rundus. He doesn't talk because he is still fighting it. When she sees Ghor, he has fully embraced the corruption. Gandrayda tries to shoot Samus in the back, showing no mercy. When Gandrayda is dying, she switches between forms, the last being an imitation of Samus. You catch a glimpse of the real Samus clenching her fists as she sees herself (Gandrayda) reaching out for help, because she knows the corruption is taking over herself as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5kkXFhrBRA...tailpage#t=264s

The story is epic and unmatched by almost any game.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I care too, and you should learn to give developers more respect. And he's right, your grammar sucks and it makes you look imature and annoying.

Ontopic, I really hope they bring the multiplayer back. Prime: hunters's multiplayer was awesome.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Bladexdsl said:

Well, Link doesn't talk because he's kinda meant to be you in some sense. His name is customizable, Link is just a default name. Or that's what I think. Samus, I'm guessing because she's often times isolated in most of her games. It's to create a sense of isolation and loneliness in the middle of nowhere.

Give us a 2D Metroid game or get the fuck off. I wasn't a huge fan of Prime but it was alright. 2D Metroid is where it's at, and they can just give us a damn map on the controller now.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Aside from that, I agree. Team Ninja should've stuck to Ninja Gaiden and leave Metroid to Nintendo.
Honestly, I'm not sure whether that would have done the game much good. After all, Nintendo's Yoshio Sakamoto apparently wrote that horrendous story with all of those counter-feminist "mother" motifs. At the very least, Other M may have ended up with better gameplay.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never beat Other M, but I liked it a lot. I don't understand the hate for it.

I kinda don't trust this guy... but they pretty much have to make a Metroid game. We just won't see it for a while.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ssx9 said:
And he's right, your grammar sucks and it makes you look imature and annoying.
Look who's talking it's spelled immature
laugh.gif
So I have bad grammar because I said plz instead of please? I type what's quicker and It's also called net slang! And to prove it I typed this sentence properly.
moogle.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Ssx9 said:
And he's right, your grammar sucks and it makes you look imature and annoying.
Look who's talking it's spelled immature
laugh.gif
So I have bad grammar because I said plz instead of please? I type what's quicker and It's also called net slang! To prove it, I will type this sentence properly.
moogle.gif
I was taught to not to have "and" at the start of a sentence.

But whatever, we just going for understanding.

Never Play Metroid other M. Hopefully I'll get to play this one.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Retro Studios with Metroid Prime 4/Metroid 2D.

JoostinOnline said:
Lol, I'm so tired. I thought the title said "won't" instead of "will". I was so upset!

I hope it's better than Metroid: Other M. The graphics were amazing, but it was far too short and the dialog was pretty bad. The story was okay.

[youtube]eAN2pJjftGs[/youtube]

Other M seems old gen compared with Prime 3.

QUOTE(JoostinOnline @ Jun 15 2011, 08:32 AM) Until that game, I didn't understand why Link from Zelda and Samus from Metroid never talked.

Because Link and Samus are just avatars like Miis that represent you in that world? Make them talk just destroy the scheme of the game. Precisely, Other M just fuck up the scheme of a arcade game to make a cinematic game

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
dangerboy said:
Seraph said:

No, I wouldn't say it's perfectly fine and I'm not saying you should have put his name out of respect. Nintendo employee could mean a wide range of things. I know when I hear "Nintendo employee" or "Sony employee" I usually don't think they are the ones that are actually working on the games and are not reliable sources. I'm just saying you could have used producer/director and his word would carry more weight.

I thought Other M was decent...it was really just the story (which in turn affects other things) that was bad. And if a new Metroid game comes close to being as great as Metroid Prime, I'd be satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free