Hacking Metroid Wi-Fi

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
One question? Does Metroid work with Wi-Fi play on an R4?
I can play all other Wi-Fi games normally with my "Wi-Fi Link", with the same connection. But Metroid doesn't seem to work. When I connect to my AP it says that there aren't any near me.
Anyone experiencing this problem?
Oh, and I tried both European and American versions of the game... both the same error.

Thanks.

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think it's enabled. I mean, when I search for AP's it shows the SSID I gave it, but I can't connect (with metroid only)

Psy-Phi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change the security of your router to WPA or WEP, whichever it isn't. And if neither work, then try disablign the security and just leavnig it open to see if you can connect. One of those two security options on certain routers (especially Linksys) will not work on certain older DS and PSP games for some reason. I forget which it is as I got a buffalo router now and it doesn't have that problem.

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm using a Wi-Fi Link USB adapter. All games seem to work fine except this one... and I've tried everything.

Psy-Phi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really don't know what to tell you; I jsut loaded the game up and played online without a problem with my R4 and 1GB Kingston (Japan), trimmed with Rominator.

And that was the first time I ever played it online.

I assume you used the usb connection set up and not the one for a wi-fi router?

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No, I've used the router one because the USB dongle acts as an Access Point... so it's pretty much like a router.

Psy-Phi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the dongle configuration in the wi-fi set up. I don't know why that would be a reason, but it seems like the only thing different.

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, working.
The Authentication had to be set to Shared Key...
... now I just need to find out what this actually means.

Psy-Phi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear its working!

Shared Key is a key, pre-created (PSK = Pre-Shared Key), and used/shared with however many machines you wish (well...up to 254 machines if your router can support that). Basically it's just a form of authentication that makes it so when something connects it may send data to the access piont, but it wont receive any from the access point as the access point hasn't authenticated a device/computer not using the shared keys.

Can also think of it as a key to the house. No key, no entry, but you can look inside.

That's the best I can explain it anyway.

Why Metroid wouldn't work unless it was shared whiel others would....I really can't say though. But at least it's workin now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0