Metroid: Samus Returns announced for 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Chary, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Z80

Z80 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    It would be awesome that if u play the game on N3DS the graphics update to something close to Other M graphics and texture definition, like Monster Hunter and some other titles do. Or at least to bump the framerate.

placebooooo likes this.

2. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    i'm not a big fan of metroid but it's good to see they are still making games for 3DS
    even more for OLD 3DS xD

3. Z80

Z80 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    Most games are for 3DS. only a few are exclusive N3DS games, fewer on physicall.

4. DrkBeam

DrkBeam GBAtemp Regular

Jun 12, 2016
    Spain
    It has been with the dsi, n3ds, ps4 pro as well as xbox one x, they will loose money if they divide the fan base of the same hardware family

5. Z80

Z80 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    Thats why it would be neat at least to induce code that could take advantage of N3DS more powerful hardware like capcom games do.

6. ronuto

ronuto Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2017
    United States
    Well it's about time, where ya been samus?

7. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Great news but I think I saw a mechanic being used that I am annoyed by... It looked to me that there will be timed button presses on fights (a la God of War, etc). What furthers my suspicion is that it is the same studio that did CV:LoS (which used this). Hopefully it doesn't rely heavily on it to take away from the Metroidvania feel. :unsure:

8. bi388

bi388 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2015
    United States
    Although this is a legitimate worry, this game seems most like mirror of fate, which had the god of war style button mashing to open chests but I don't remember it really having quick time events, and if it did they were too minor for me to remember. So I'm hopeful this will be more like mirror of fate and less like lords of shadow 1.

9. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Right, there are only 2 physical new3ds exclusive games -- actually only one if you're not from US territory.

But... did you know there are now over 50 eshop games that are new3ds exclusive? That's more than a few I think!

10. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

Global Moderator
    Jan 3, 2009
    Gallifrey
    I would like there to be a first person Metroid for 3DS; I seem to recall that reviews were mixed but personally I loved Metroid Prime Hunters for the DS.

matpower likes this.