ROM Hack Metroid Samus Returns Amiibo Unlocker

Wargla

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Rohul1997
Is it possible to make the tool compatible with a Gateway save .sav ?

Or else, I can open this .sav with an hexa editor. But do you know which offsets need to be modified ? I tried to modify the offsets usin @Brion 's post, but my save is corrupted after making the changes.

Rohul1997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@Rohul1997

Or else, I can open this .sav with an hexa editor. But do you know which offsets need to be modified ? I tried to modify the offsets usin @Brion 's post, but my save is corrupted after making the changes.
I can try just send me your save

Reactions: peteruk and Wargla

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rohul1997
@Brion 's post, but my save is corrupted after making the changes.
Whatever game is active in GW mode should be detected as a normal game inserted in the slot. You should be able to dump the save the same as any other cartridge and also be able to inject a new save.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With the mode,Normally you need to beat game for hard or..? Fusion mode is the most hardest mode?

I created a save for metroid. not having unlocked anything so far. immediatly exported with JKSV
Tried the tool. Opened the file.
Got this error:
Invalid pkprfl.bmssv
Any idea on what is the matter?

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

Rohul1997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
With the mode,Normally you need to beat game for hard or..? Fusion mode is the most hardest mode?

I created a save for metroid. not having unlocked anything so far. immediatly exported with JKSV
Tried the tool. Opened the file.
Got this error:
Invalid pkprfl.bmssv
Any idea on what is the matter?
Fusion mode is the hardest mode and it includes the fusion suit.

Could you send me your save?

Reactions: peteruk

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is really a cool app, but wouldn't it be better to create it for the 3ds? Not everyone has a Windows PC, but everyone has a 3ds. :P

jeffreythehuman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to do anything with JKSM on Samus Returns, it just says error opening archive? I don't know what's wrong, I uninstalled and reinstalled it but there's no change. Any help?

Rohul1997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to do anything with JKSM on Samus Returns, it just says error opening archive? I don't know what's wrong, I uninstalled and reinstalled it but there's no change. Any help?
Open JKSM -> SD/CIA -> Metroid: Samus Returns -> Save Data Options -> Export Save -> New -> type any name

If it doesn't work then try grabbing latest version of JKSM

BtEtta

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I note a couple of people posting problems with editing their own pkprfl.bmssv files. I thought I'd throw what I've learned about the save files over here too, I'm unsure how much you've already figured for yourself.

At the very least, you cannot assume fixed offsets for any of the values you edit (well, it's probably ok for difficulty). Luckily pkprfl.bmssv is the smallest of the three save files and appears to grow in the same fashion for the majority of players so this hasn't really been a large problem.

I've documented the generic save format that actually applies to all three save files. Which includes information to correctly inject new chunks of data early.

And I've written a JavaScript parser (read-only) to explore the save files (and check validity) in a slightly more human readable fashion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.