Metroid Retrospective DVD, Free to download!

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my work computer seeding and home computer, so it should be picking up now.

For those of you who want the Zelda Retrospective DVD I did, go here:
http://wiinintendo.net/2006/11/22/the-lege...rospective-dvd/
Wonderful, I was just about to ask!

I'll nab this later... Thanks!
happy.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, a few more hours to go...

This thing is nearly 3GB, it should be finished sometime late into tonight.

From what I understand, there are many files in this Video_TS folder (the folder you burn to a DVD to make it play on a DVD player) but the majority of space are 3 VOB files. These VOB files are mainly the DVD Video playback itself. The problem is, each one these VOB files is around 1GB each.

Now, I don't know about how fast your compy is but there will be two downloading options available:

1.) You can download each file separately and arrange them in a VIDEO_TS folder on your compy

2.) There will be a compressed file (WINRAR or WINZIP, something similar) that has all the files you need compressed into one. This is good, but just keep in mind that you will have to uncompress/unzip a 3GB folder onto your computer. You need a bit of HDD space and a bit of time if you dload the archived file.

Still uploading to Samutz's server, the second VOB file is 50% done, then the third VOB file will be uploaded right after that and the download will be made available to you shortly.

You can check back here for a link late tonight.
wink.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it! Converted it to a DPG for the R4.Â
biggrin.gif

:| The whole thing?

What is the file size now that it is in .DPG?
I'm wondering the same thing myself...

As I said before, the DVD Video is split up between 3 VOB files (a proggy that converts VOB to DPG?) and each one clocks in at about 1GB each. Unless you found a way to merge the VOBS back-to-back (that's one huge ass DPG file), I would assume that you would still have 3 very big DPG files... :wtf:

By the way, 3rd (and final) VOB is being uploaded to Samutz's server as we speak...
happy.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i re did this to a dpg, size is 174mb, link:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/866710

I played the first few minutes of it and it was playing fine for me.

Yeah, mine was about 170megs too. Is yours off-center and bordered? No matter how I try to convert it, mine have that problem.

I've found 16fps to be the optimal framerate for DS vids. Left-and-right and up-and-down panning appears the smoothest at 16fps. I figure a divisable by 8 figure is always good, but 24 would just be too much for the DS....so I go with 16.

What framerate did you use?

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can somone either convert it to iPod format (mp4) or upload it to google video (like last time) so I can download it for my iPod?
It would be greatly appreciated.
biggrin.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the seperate files, ready to download! (Be sure to thank Samutz for his hosting and bandwidth awesomeness):

http://martin.samutz.com/Metroid_Retrospective_DVD

---> You'll see a folder named VIDEO_TS. Enter it.

---> Make a folder called "VIDEO_TS" on your computer somewhere.

---> Once you have entered the folder on the site, download all 8 files and save each one to the VIDEO_TS folder on YOUR computer.

---> Once you have downloaded all 8 files to a VIDEO_TS folder on your computer, simply burn the VIDEO_TS folder to a DVD (using appropriate DVD-burning software) and you're ready to watch it on any DVD-player!
happy.gif

Once again, be sure to thank Samutz for providing the massive space and and great speeds for ya's!
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte