Hacking Metroid Prime Wii De Asobu Issues

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think these are the last test versions in this direction:
http://rapidshare.com/files/202167922/metr...1test5.zip.html

Test5a includes some weird memory stuff, i don't understand completely. It's reading something at a certain address, writing it back there immediately and because it's cached memory which is flushed after this it works. Thanks to Dack for that if it works. Test5b is all other tests combined.

When(not if), this doesn't work, i will start to crop Gamma down to crash at the same point where SoftChip crashes. Tomorrow.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a strange problem.
tongue.gif
I burnt the other day this game, it worked flawlessly with my chip without me having to really do anything at all (I have an OpenWii chip updated to whatever is most current...2.4 I believe). Anyway, the english hack refuses to load via the disc channel (the banner shows ok though), and when loaded through GeckoOS it boots, but as soon as I try to start a game (new or otherwise) the loading message appears in Japanese as usual, the screen turns half green, and my Wii reboots.
tongue.gif

Could this be due to the IOS the game is using not liking the (presumably) trucha signed hack? I know my ISO is good since it worked before.
*edit*
Perhaps I should add that I have USA region Wii.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@9th_Sage: I had the same problem not that it worked before but the half green screen.
After patching it with IOSPatcher to 249 it worked for me but i had a PAL Wii

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
nIxx said:
@9th_Sage: I had the same problem not that it worked before but the half green screen.
After patching it with IOSPatcher to 249 it worked for me but i had a PAL Wii

Yeah, I figured I'd have to try that probably. Just didn't want to since I'm running low on DVD-Rs at the moment.
wink.gif

*edit*
And yes, that was it. So it was the IOS after all.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC-U Wii on 3.2 w/ D2Pro, all available IOS, including those on disc
works 100% through disc channel with english patch WITHOUT IOS_Patcher1.1
....ran into these two problems at first:

-disc would show banner in disc channel but not load even to the wrist strap screen
-through regular geckoOS, made it to file screen but got weird greenglitch reset problem

tried:
-forcing different stuff in gecko....no luck, same problems
-install IOS's I didn't have: 10, 50, 53....no luck, exactly the same problems

finally....ran IOS Downgrader 1.0....thought I had all my IOS downgraded...

turns out IOSs 15, 21, and 35 (which happens to be what the game claims to use in IOSpatcher)
were newer than I wanted....

reset wii.....all problems eliminated.....so try that first! (if you already have cIOScorp you should not have this problem)
no need now to patch my disc to 249.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could the testers please test the different hooktypes you can select in Gamma? This afternoon i will start to crop Gamma down, if you can't reproduce the error SoftChip has.

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe it has no report but it has the same error on Gamma when forcing PAL50/60 : the game reboot after selecting a file (freeze in Softchip).

Edit : it works fine with the 3 different hooktypes on Gamma.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm yep that´s true.
I´m thinking that possibly the rs5fe_p.dol and rs5mp1jpn_p.dol could have something to do with it they are both like the main.dol (you can find Error1, languages and so and rs5fe_p.dol is the same as main.dol).
But if i start the game in Softchip with "Disc Region" the game is B&W after starting a new game the screen shows these half green screen but with colours as it changes the video mode !? but possibly it´s because of the crash.

But then again why it´s working with Gamma btw. GeckoOS.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nIxx said:
Hmm yep that´s true.
I´m thinking that possibly the rs5fe_p.dol and rs5mp1jpn_p.dol could have something to do with it they are both like the main.dol (you can find Error1, languages and so and rs5fe_p.dol is the same as main.dol).
But if i start the game in Softchip with "Disc Region" the game is B&W after starting a new game the screen shows these half green screen but with colours as it changes the video mode !? but possibly it´s because of the crash.

But then again why it´s working with Gamma btw. GeckoOS.

Please add more details about the color stuff. How do you start the game, which result do you get, where does it freeze and how does it freeze. And with Gamma what's the result with force NTSC / PAL50 / PAL60?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay
this happend after i patched the game to another language and without patching to IOS249.
Using:
PAL Wii 3.2E with cIOS 7 (and i have a mod chip too but i´m always selecting IOS249 in SoftChip, Gamma using always IOS249 it anyway.)
MyToyR6
Video Mode: Disc Region
The game starts in B&W and after choosing "Normal" the Wii locks up and shows for a few seconds the japanese Loading screen but the upper half is coloured green. Then the Wii restarts.

If i do the same with a IOS249 patched game the Wii freezes completly (show only the japanese Loading screen no green stuff
wink.gif
) and i need to to shut down the Wii manualy.

For Gamma (with language patch without IOS249 patched):
NTSC: The game starts in B&W and freezes at the same point as MyToyR6 with these half green screen then the wii reboot.
PAL50: The game starts the menu in colour and freezes at the same point as MyToyR6 with these half green screen then the wii reboot.
PAL60: The game starts the menu in colour and freezes at the same point as MyToyR6 with these half green screen then the Wii reboot.
(You can hear how the Wii tries to load something but then this green screen shows up and the Wii reboot)

For Gamma (nothing patched):
NTSC: The game starts in B&W but it works.
PAL50: The game starts the menu in colour and freezes at the same point as MyToyR6 but only Loading screen then the wii reboot.
PAL60: The game starts the menu in colour and freezes at the same point as MyToyR6 but only Loading screen then the wii reboot.

hope this helps a bit

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The game is also B&W for me when I use the composite cable and B&Red with the RGB cable. I think it's because of my old TV (tried both PAL50 and 60 in wii settings). Game pached in French with IOS249.
Here are my results on a 3.2E without cIOS corp or modchip :

Sotfchip with system settings : normal color but freeze after selecting the file.
Softchip with disk region : B&Red color and freeze after selecting the file.

Gamma without forcing anything : no problem but the color is B&Red...
Gamma with forcing PAL50 or 60 : normal color but reboot after selecting the file.
Gamma with forcing NTSC : no problem but the color is B&Red...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So with forced PAL output in Gamma the game RESTARTS exactly at the pointwhere the game FREEZES in SoftChip with disc region video mode? Interesting, i will take a look at it.

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiPower said:
So with forced PAL output in Gamma the game RESTARTS exactly at the pointwhere the game FREEZES in SoftChip with disc region video mode? Interesting, i will take a look at it.

In SotfChip, it freezes in the loading screen (it is written Metroid Prime in Japanese in the bottom right corner).
In Gamma, there is a black screen just after the loading screen and then it reboots.
So yes, the problem comes at the same point.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
New tests:
http://rapidshare.com/files/202376321/test6.zip.html

SoftChip1 is has a micro change to video mode stuff. Gamma1a is just Gamma with 002fix compiled with the old libogc/DevKitPPC i have. Gamma1b is Gamma1a without any .dol patches except the 002 fix, i REALLY hope this version works like Gamma1a!

About the freezing/restarting:
I think a freeze is a more critical error. If the game or the Wii is able to detect an error and does not know what to it, it just restarts. When the game freezes then the game/the wii doesn't even know that something went wrong. Just what i think about it, could be totally wrong.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried it with the normal japanese Version (no patches)
Softchip1: Freezes need manually shutdown (Region set to Game Region)
Gamma1a & Gamma1b: Are both working but only with default settings or at least NTSC and in B&W. (PAL60/50 reboots the wii)

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SoftChip2: Freezes need manually shutdown (Region set to Game Region)
Gamma2: Is working like gamma1a/1b

Hmm is the Gamma source so different at all !?
"Possibly" a old Version of SoftChip starts the game.
And like i said thinking that it has something to do with these other dol files on the disc i mean the Menu runs fine (i think the main.dol starts it and then start the other dol files) but then again i don´t know how SoftChip or Gamma are working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For wut