Hacking Metroid Prime Trilogy

Electric520

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying for hours now try to figure out how to play metroid prime trilogy from usb loader gx. I've been trying to load it from an alternate .dol but every time I try to load up the game the screen just goes black and redirects me to the homebrew channel. Can anyone help me so I can load up the game or be able to just load it up like a normal game? Thanks.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah redump the ISO... As long as your CIOS's are up to date you shouldn't even need any special hacks or anything to get it running (like alt Dol loading.)

also if your not running NTFS maybe that is causing an issue? Not sure about that one because I am pretty sure the splitting thing is reliable? (I switched to NTFS a long time ago myself because I have had super bad experiences with Fat32 and windows.... so NTFS made me feel a little safer.)

Electric520

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe I'm not on the most recent CIOS because the ISO loads on the dolphin emulator. Can anyone link me to the latest one?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you're using the latest d2x cIOS and a loader that supports Block IOS Reload, there's no reason Metroid Prime Trilogy shouldn't work normally; you shouldn't have to use the alternate dol method. I recommend you use ModMii to install the latest and recommended cIOS files. I also recommend you use the latest version of Configurable USB Loader MOD (my favorite) or another loader that supports Block IOS Reload. In Configurable USB Loader MOD, Block IOS Reload is enabled by default.

If the above doesn't fix your problem, then it's probably a bad file. There are versions of Metroid Prime Trilogy ISOs that are bad and won't allow one to load Metroid Prime 3 (and there are ones that intentionally have Metroid Prime 3 cut out). I recommend you try getting your backup from another source.

Out of curiosity, which game are you trying to play?

Reactions: Hielkenator

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As long as you're using the latest d2x cIOS and a loader that supports Block IOS Reload, there's no reason Metroid Prime Trilogy shouldn't work normally; you shouldn't have to use the alternate dol method. I recommend you use ModMii to install the latest and recommended cIOS files. I also recommend you use the latest version of Configurable USB Loader MOD (my favorite) or another loader that supports Block IOS Reload. In Configurable USB Loader MOD, Block IOS Reload is enabled by default.

If the above doesn't fix your problem, then it's probably a bad file. There are versions of Metroid Prime Trilogy ISOs that are bad and won't allow one to load Metroid Prime 3 (and there are ones that intentionally have Metroid Prime 3 cut out). I recommend you try getting your backup from another source.

Out of curiosity, which game are you trying to play?
Agreed, 100%

As an extra note MPT has problems if you want to use emunand saving, and hangs at various points.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo