Metroid Prime Trilogy

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jamio88, Feb 16, 2011.

Feb 16, 2011

Metroid Prime Trilogy by Jamio88 at 2:25 AM (1,346 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Jamio88
    OP

Newcomer Jamio88 Advanced Member

United States
    Ok so I downloaded.....err, backed up my Metroid Prime Trilogy and it was 3.76gb (It has MP3 cut out). The thing I only have my flash drive right now (Waiting for Tax Return to get my HDD) and my flash drive is 4gb (3.73gb usable).

Well I only want Metroid Prime (Don't care about Echos) so is there anyway I can cut out MP2: Echos or do something else to get this 3.76gb ISO down to size to fit on my flash drive?

And before you say "Just download Metroid Prime for the GameCube" My dog ate my GameCube controller so I can not do that currently (again waiting for my return to get a couple wavebirds).

So then back to the point, how can I scrub/butcher this file just a little more to get it to fit on the 3.73gb flash drive?

Any help would be greatly appriceated as I have been a fiend for some Metroid Prime for a while now (God I love that game SO much).

Thanks for any help on this.

2. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    is it that hard to just select mp1 when you get to the menu? [​IMG]

plus if you somehow extract it you prob won't get none of the extras like the fusion suit.

3. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    You didn't read his post closely enough, he want's to cut out MP2 so it'll fit on his drive, not because he doesn't want to select from a menu.

It's probably possible to do this, I mean if it's possible to take out MP3 it shouldn't be any harder to take out MP2, but I don't know how, hopefully someone else can help.

4. Jamio88
    OP

United States
    Did you even read my post? I can't fit it into my Flash card, so yeah it really is that hard to select MP1 from the menu.

again, any actual help on this would be awesome.

5. Jamio88
    OP

United States
    Thanks for reading the post, lol.

I figured that since the dude cut out MP3 their would have to be a way to remove MP2 as well, just not sure how to do this myself.

BTW, Did they redo anything in the Metroid Prime Trilogy, I have not played it on the Wii but I assume the controls for MP1&2 are just like how they are for MP3, correct?

6. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    than buy a bigger drive!

-end-

7. Jamio88
    OP

United States
    Thanks again for your ever so helpful post 8==)

Would you like to buy me that drive? Like I said, I have to wait for my tax return to get the TB HD that I want. We are not all teenagers that live with mommy & daddy. I have bills to pay and financial responsibilities, so just running out and buying it right now is not feasible.

So if anyone CAN ACTUALLY HELP that would be cool, and in the mean time I will keep on google to find a way.

8. Jamio88
    OP

United States
    Ok well I got it taken care of myself. Got the game down to 2875mb and left Metroid Prime 2 still playable (though I don't plan to play it, so I could have gotten the game to be smaller).

So once again Blade, Thanks for all the help....BAH-BOOSH!!!!!

9. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    A little late coming into this, I am, but my best guess would be to use WiiScrubber to delete another partition off of the ISO. Granted, I have never done nor had the need to do so, so I am just giving a guess.

10. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    All of the games are in the same partition though. The easiest thin to do would be just delete the MP2 folder on the disk, but wiiscrubber doesn't let you do that, so you would have to use one of the other tools. The other option, and what I'm assuming the OP did, because he said it is still playable, would be to replace the large video and audio files with small ones, which can be done with WiiScrubber.

11. Jamio88
    OP

United States
    yup yup. That is what I did for it to fit. Holy crap I can't wait to get myself a TB HDD for this time

12. Satan2k

Newcomer Satan2k Advanced Member

Belgium
    Sorry dude, but it makes me laugh so hard xD

13. Jamio88
    OP

United States
    No worries, in hindsight it is pretty funny, it just pisses me off that I had just gotten like 4 or 5 new gamecube games, walked in the door with them, and then discovered that he ate the controller.

So I have a bunch of games I have yet to play. The joys of owning a rottweiler I guess (he was 110lbs at 8months old, so he was still in his chewing phase, but big enough that he was just destroying EVERYTHING)