Metroid Prime Trilogy

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Awdofgum, Aug 18, 2009.

Aug 18, 2009

Metroid Prime Trilogy by Awdofgum at 8:07 PM (1,668 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Awdofgum
    OP

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    I've never been a huge Metroid fan so I hope by getting this, I could get into the series much more. I remember playing fusion on the gameboy advance when I was younger but that's about it. I never played any of the other main series games. Should I go back and play those titles, or could I just jump to the Prime series right now?

2. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Well I'll say this much for the games they're similar but far different from the 2D era stuff. Sure you got Samus, the mythos and many of the same general items, but going from flat to 3D everywhere changed tons.

This is the best way to do it though both for price, but also because and many will agree and others won't with me, the games controlled like dogshit on the Gamecube. Nintendo in their infinite stupidity tried to make up a fake genre the first person adventure, and doing so decided you didn't need FPS controls. As such the stick was made as a useless toggle for visors, yet various enemies after being more than 1/2 into the first game move around like damn Quake 3 bots strafing with an instant lock on plugging your ass. To do the same you stand there like a bullseye, get shot up, hit one button, then aim on the guy, lock it into place, then can strafe and fire. METROID PRIME 3 WITH WII POINTING FIXED THAT. Prime 1 and 2 will now benefit from that stupidity being removed and you'll play on a level playing field. You're getting a hell of a deal at $50 for 3 games that now with MP1 and 2 all properly control as they should. MP1 I owned, got mad and ditched, got cheap and tortured myself along nearly to the end with the Omega Pirate to find I couldn't aim/kill it due to all the pirates going quakebot on me years ago. I intend not right away though(need $ moving in 4 weeks) to get this and get rid of MP1 and MP3 and replay the games riht and finally experience Prime 2.

3. Awdofgum
    OP

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    Thanks for your response.
    I went ahead and started the Prime series, and I've never owned a gamecube I went with the ps2 in that generation. But I'm digging it so far, really fun series.

4. Liv2MsTrb8T

Newcomer Liv2MsTrb8T Member

United States
    prime 1 & 2 scared the crap outa me when i was jus turning 13 [​IMG] i got over it three is relly easy [​IMG] i love those games soooo much and it gives you something to do ohh it also makes you faster at most games it made me goodd at super smash bros intstantly^-^ good luck with quadrax lolololololol

5. Sir_Shaggy

Member Sir_Shaggy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Metroid Prime is a great series, but if you want more, you gotta try out Super Metroid on the snes or virtual console. Probably the best 2D metroid game there is. Then I would recommend the GBA remake of zero mission. The great thing about games like Zelda and Metroid, is that you can jump into each game no matter where the timeline lies and still follow the storyline.

I just finished Metroid Prime 3, and I'm waiting for the Wii port to complete Prime 1 and 2. Next for me will hopefully be the fanbased version of Metroid 2: return of Samus. http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/
    It looks fantastic and I can't wait to try the full remake. Even thou Metroid 2 is the weakest in the Metroid series, it still looks like a great game.