Hacking Metroid Prime Trilogy - shortcuts for usbloader

iancer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok ill keep this brief: i use CFG, so i was thinking of:

0) make 3 game channels using CRAP w/alt dol settings to point to MP 1, 2, & 3.
1) using WAD2ISO to create forwarders to said game channels...
2) installing the wad files to my usb nand w/showmiiwads
3) hide MPT - install forwarder ISO's w/wii backup manager
4) ???
5) PROFIT!!!

do you guys think this is a reasonably simple solution to MPT usb loading...without having to select the alt dol each boot, one can simply have 3 'forwarders' for each title, after creating the initial save of course!
i have yet to try this method, but will the CRAP-made usb game channel forwarders actually work from USB NAND?!?!
any and all feedback welcomed...thank you.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well you can split a Metroid Prime Trilogy Iso in 3 Isos of Prime 1, Prime 2 and Prime 3, change the main.dol and title-IDs and play the three games with an usb loader.

iancer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE!
tell me more, um, how would i go about doin this?
please link to a tutorial maybe? thank you?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried doing this once. The problem I ran into was that all three forwarders would look for the same .dol file. R3ME01.dol. I couldn't find a way to change the name of the dol it was looking for.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Krestent said:
I tried doing this once. The problem I ran into was that all three forwarders would look for the same .dol file. R3ME01.dol. I couldn't find a way to change the name of the dol it was looking for.

if you use the alt-dol from disc option then you don't need to fiddle with the name of the dol... if you really want to use the alt-dol from sd card then you can hex edit the loader Crap creates.... (it's 1.app in the temp folder, find and replace R3ME01.dol) you need to pack it separately with a wad packer though...

another limitation, alt-dol support in Crap is only in the old 1.6 loader which can only employ wbfs filesystem...

if cfg has arguments for alt-dol you can use those too employing extra parameters in Crap.. For multiple forwarders you need three different banners too...

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
Krestent said:

if you use the alt-dol from disc option then you don't need to fiddle with the name of the dol... if you really want to use the alt-dol from sd card then you can hex edit the loader Crap creates.... (it's 1.app in the temp folder, find and replace R3ME01.dol) you need to pack it separately with a wad packer though...

another limitation, alt-dol support in Crap is only in the old 1.6 loader which can only employ wbfs filesystem...

if cfg has arguments for alt-dol you can use those too employing extra parameters in Crap.. For multiple forwarders you need three different banners too...
An easy way to pack would be to use Showmiiwads...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
even if u use an alt-dol, or split the trilogy into 3 parts, it still will not be able to use multiplayer mode or any difficulty other than legendary (or whatever the hardest setting is called).

The best solution to get this game to work properly, is to use UNEEK+DI or SNEEK+Di to launch it off the USB hard drive, then when u play it, it will function just like the original allowing you to access multiplayer and all difficulties.

This is the best usb-loading solution for all IOS reloading games, like MPT, Call of Duty 3, etc.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
even if u use an alt-dol, or split the trilogy into 3 parts, it still will not be able to use multiplayer mode or any difficulty other than legendary (or whatever the hardest setting is called).

The best solution to get this game to work properly, is to use UNEEK+DI or SNEEK+Di to launch it off the USB hard drive, then when u play it, it will function just like the original allowing you to access multiplayer and all difficulties.

This is the best usb-loading solution for all IOS reloading games, like MPT, Call of Duty 3, etc.

Try as I might, I can never get SNEEK to work. For now I've bought a Flatmii Fusion. As for the difficulty modifier, we just need to change the name of the gct file it looks for, and make three gct cheat files, one for each game.

iancer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my real question about splitting the trilogy...
will i get any main menu when i start the games?
as in, after playing for a bit and saving, when i reload the game will i get a main menu or will it jump straight into the game. like the wii de asoubo translated versions do....

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
don't u mean 1 gct file for each difficulty for each game, so 9 in total

FYI, u may have better luck using ModMii to setup sneek/uneek

thought i'd share my experience...i had an awful time using Modmii to set up SNEEK+DI + 4.2U NAND this past weekend (using what was then the most current verison 4.3.4). finally after not getting any decent help here, i found the SNEEK Installer on the google code site. using the checker in that program, it said that it was setup for DI, but the di.bin file wasn't found. Modmii had it there, but the SNEEK installer nor the wii were seeing it.

what ended up working for me was using SNEEK installer to build the SNEEK+DI and combining that with the NAND which was built by Modmii (take everything from the 'COPY_TO_SD' folder except the 'bootmii' and 'SNEEK' folders) and combining it with the 'SNEEK installer' output....works flawlessly now.

incidently, the whole reason i did this was ONLY to play MPT as it was intended....(i otherwise use Wiiflow from the real NAND....)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Sup nerds