godagarah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yaywii.gif
Can someone make please make fully featured a save file editor for Metroid Prime Trilogy to use on a Save game Manager GX unpacked save file? here's Save game Manager GX http://code.google.com/p/savegame-manager-gx/

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I can't believe that somebody just asked that.

But, no. Most likely nobody will make that for you. It would take too much effort for what you get out of it. Unless, of course, you happen to have worked on the team that made the game and have the knowledge of how the save data is stored.

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MP3 save format actually wasn't too bad. I worked with someone on doing work to it including the checks. not sure when anything will be announced for it though.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
what are you offering in return?

godagarah man, you should answer that question because GP could make it happen sooner rather than later. I'm sure if you had offered some of your time to save GP some time it could have been win-win.

I'm just posting to say that and point out to people if you want something, then do something in return, some great devs are useless at other things you might be good at, or maybe they just dont have time and you can trade some time.

Keep it win-win people.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm curious as to why anyone would want this for Metroid, I don't get it really.

The AC tools, I understand... kinda...if someone was to release one for say a SimCity game (huge maps, might be good to edit what goes on what co-ord of a map) I'd get it but I don't really get why you'd want one for Metroid.

If you wanted to cheat a game like that would ocarina codes not be better ?

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have there been any successful Wii save reverse engineering attempts besides Wii Fit(+) and AC:CF?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
For what would you need an Editor? Only thing I can think of is "importing" the Save from MP3: Corruption to the Trilogy Save (which I would find useful, btw. I could sell my Disc then...).

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I'm sure there is a cheksum in the first 4 bytes of the savegame but maybe it's not the only one...
In NSMBW, there are 7 CRC32 checksums :
the savefile is divided into 7 parts and in the end of each part is the checksum.
So it's not hard to calculate those checksums and I think the most important is to find them :\
In Trilogy, the first (and maybe only) checksum at the start of the file doesn't seem to be a CRC32 checksum of the whole file.
So :
- maybe there are others checksums.
- maybe the checksum isn't calculated using the whole file (maybe one part or several parts...).
- maybe it's not a CRC32 checksum.

godagarah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't seem it with the little i post and log on but i do read it every day as a guest and i only log on when i post!
laugh.gif
rofl.gif
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho