Metroid Prime Trilogy running off of Wiiflow, problems.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Aijelsop, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Aijelsop
    OP

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    The game starts fine, but when I select start game, and choose one of the 3 (Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Metroid Prime 3) the game stops and I am taken to the home menu.

I'm running from Wiiflow, do I have to install anything to play?

2. serenade.63

Member serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    make sure you have installed wiiflow using the newest version of d2x cios, follow the installation instructions on wiiflowiki

3. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    You have to use cIOS d2x v6 and a loader that has an option for Block IOS Reload. If Wiiflow doesn't have it, then use Configurable USB Loader. I personally just use Neogamma.

4. inde

Newcomer inde Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    use the alt dols, there should be a game selection metroid 1,2,3 to choose from when you click on the cover (before you start the game)

5. MakiManPR

Banned MakiManPR Banned

Puerto Rico
    IDK you guys but I can run Metroid Prime Trilogy without problems and choose which game to play in the game's menu.

6. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Block IOS reload or start with alternative DOL (mp1.dol, mp2.dol or mp3.dol). Note that you must first launch the game normally and create save etc before you can start the game(s) with alt. dol.

7. Krestent

United States
    Remember, if you choose to go the alt dol route, you will be locked on veteran difficulty

8. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Runs fine off CFG USB Loader

9. Lucif3r

Sweden
    No you wont. Not if you start by creating a save game in the original launcher.

10. Krestent

United States
    When was that fixed, just out of curiosity? When I used to play MPT like that I would select Hyper, play a bit, come back to the menu and find the difficulty set to Veteran.

11. Squall Leonhart

Member Squall Leonhart GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    use the latest rev of UsbLoaderGX from the Beta version issue on the tracker, auto sets the block reload function, no need for alt dol. just set vidtv to stop the green video's.

12. themanuel

Member themanuel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

Your setup is a bit outdated. That's all.
    You can forget about alt dol's, that's an outdated cumbersome way of dealing with MPT that worked when there wasn't IOS reload blocking.
    Go to the wiiflow wiki and carefully follow the instructions there to install d2x v7 (v8 is out but is not too different) and grab the latest nightly wiiflow dol, not the one under "committed versions" (that one has a bug).
    After that, from the wiki:
    This will have you running MPT perfectly fine and even able to access the MP2 multiplayer game, previously inaccessible through the alt dol method.

13. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Note, if you launch the games via alt .dol, the difficulty is always veteran. It might be possible to change that, but nobody did it yet. Well, and if that was done, i bet it could be used to start with any difficulty like that hyper mode.

14. Lucif3r

Sweden

Thats weird, because I launched the game normally, created a save game, started the game (black screen), rebooted the Wii and launched the alt.dol, and I had the correct difficulty set (easiest, lol, first FPS I played on Wii)