Egonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
custom_1263054188335_metroid_prime_trilogy.jpg

QUOTE said:
Four months after its release, Nintendo has stopped publishing and shipping the Metroid Prime: Collector's Edition. A company rep told an interested gamer the only way to find it now is through the second-hand market.

"[It] is no longer being shipped," Nintendo told the blog Coffee With Games. "When first introduced, it was announced that there would be limited availability. However, a reason for this was not announced. That being said, you may still be able to locate a copy via stores that specialize in previously played or used games."

Granted, it should be rather easy to find this game elsewhere. But it's interesting to note the relatively short lifespan and the fact it's the first New Play Control! offering to be discontinued.
QUOTE said:

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
just you wait, watch the prices on ebay soar right up now, i couldn't care less if they discontinued because i have all the original gamecube versions, the Wii version have been edited anyway.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well that's sucky for americans I guess... the collectors edition isn't available in europe, so that's not discontinued, right? I want it at least... :/

Oh seems like the normal version IS the collectors edition
frown.gif
even though it's no tin packaging

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oh damn I nearly had enough money for it!(I don´t want to pirate this game its a kinda hard) well I gonna look at some gameshops that sells old games including snes nes etc.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
just you wait, watch the prices on ebay soar right up now, i couldn't care less if they discontinued because i have all the original gamecube versions, the Wii version have been edited anyway.
There are a few places that sell it for over £40 used over here before this news hit.

D

Deleted_171835

Damn it. No wonder, I couldn't find any copies online.

Meh. I'll search in the stores near me. Hopefully, I'll find a copy.

ogRex

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This collection sucks. Graphics had to be dumbed down just to fit all 3 games on one DVDr. Do a google search and you'll find some interesting comparisson videos.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ogRex said:
This collection sucks. Graphics had to be dumbed down just to fit all 3 games on one DVDr. Do a google search and you'll find some interesting comparisson videos.

It's not one regular DVD. It's a dual layer DVD, so it has A LOT more data. If you're really going to bitch about a slight change in graphics (which even then you won't notice unless you're a whiny little nitpicker), then you seriously have more problems than this collection.

I never liked Metroid Prime but the collection itself is a great deal. It's a shame you can't snag it.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, if they want to stop people pirating their games, discontinuing what might be considered a major game may not have been the best move...

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is sad that such a brilliant title is being dis-continued so quickly. I thought it was selling really well and it is not like a dual-layer disks cost significantly more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free