Hacking Metroid Prime Trilogy - eShop loadiine ready?

Svejk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I'm not having much luck searching through these forums in order to find the answer to my question. (Maybe I'm not asking the right question?)
Anyway, being still on some sort of noob level, how do people play Metroid Prime Trilogy on their Wii U? Do they not play the most recent eShop version? Not the Wii version through vWii? I was hoping for the prior, as that I would assume the resolution would be higher. Is my assumption correct? Otherwise, I can't seem to find the eShop version anywhere, which is why I felt I had no choice but to ask here. You all seem to have the most knowledge by far. :)
Thank you much in advance!

Last edited by Svejk,

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
the only better resolution it's caused by the HDMI so, the vWii, or Eshop, or Original Wii Game Disc, resolution will be better than Wii because the HDMI that is it. It's Mínimum the change

About Loadiine, Loadiine do not work Wii Games yet and I dont know if it will work it on future

Last edited by trunske,

Svejk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer why you don't find it anywhere is simple: Wii eShop titles can't be played through Loadiine (at least not yet).
Ah, that would make sense. I'm still new to the Wii U, so maybe my confusion lies in that I'm not sure the difference between eShop and VC? If any?
Thank you for the reply!

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah, that would make sense. I'm still new to the Wii U, so maybe my confusion lies in that I'm not sure the difference between eShop and VC? If any?
Thank you for the reply!
eShop is the place where you buy the VCs ^^ And other games also.
Metroid Prime is not a VC but a Wii game that boot from WiiU menu.

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ddd can't dump the game properly last time I checked since the WiiU move directly to vWii mode after loding the executable.

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the reply!

VC it's an emulator inside the Wii U software that run some games because the Wii U software cannot run that games, so it needs for an emulator

eShop Game can be anything because it's the place where games must be bought there. But if you mean by eShop like Wii U Games, or Indies Games they just only are games means to be play on the Wii U software, without emulator VC because it's just made for the Wii U Console.

Svejk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eShop is the place where you buy the VCs ^^ And other games also.
Metroid Prime is not a VC but a Wii game that boot from WiiU menu.
Ok, thank you for clearing that up. It seems like the only option is the Wii version. Guess I need to figure out how to put vWii on my Wii U. ^_^

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ddd can't dump the game properly last time I checked since the WiiU move directly to vWii mode after loding the executable.
OK, that's good to know. Explains why I haven't seen it yet. :P

Thanks for all the prompt replies!!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, thank you for clearing that up. It seems like the only option is the Wii version. Guess I need to figure out how to put vWii on my Wii U. ^_^

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK, that's good to know. Explains why I haven't seen it yet. :P

Thanks for all the prompt replies!!
What are you on about vWii is on the WiiU by default you don't need to put it on. vWii is wii mode on the WiiU. The wiiu runs a virtual console to play wii games that is why it's called vWii

Svejk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you on about vWii is on the WiiU by default you don't need to put it on. vWii is wii mode on the WiiU. The wiiu runs a virtual console to play wii games that is why it's called vWii
Sorry, I thought vWii is a homebrew channel app. I have the Wii ISO of MPT on my Wii. If I were to place that ISO on my SD Card for my Wii U, how would it go about playing on the Wii U?

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, I thought vWii is a homebrew channel app. I have the Wii ISO of MPT on my Wii. If I were to place that ISO on my SD Card for my Wii U, how would it go about playing on the Wii U?
It would be slightly better, even more if your Wii was not plugged with component cable on your TV, you gonna notice a really nice change.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just saying loading metroid prime trilogy on usb loader gx through the vwii still outputs at 720p, and looks pretty nice actually. Though the only way to output at 1080p is wii eshop injection, which is not possible without an iosu exploit. That said i don't mind. Melee in 720p is beautiful, especially using a gamecube adapter.

Neouni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That will be interesting to see if we can figure out how they done it.
And if it could be maybe used in emergencies by launching homebrew channel straight from wiiu for restoration functions.

MegAmi24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I'm not having much luck searching through these forums in order to find the answer to my question. (Maybe I'm not asking the right question?)
Anyway, being still on some sort of noob level, how do people play Metroid Prime Trilogy on their Wii U? Do they not play the most recent eShop version? Not the Wii version through vWii? I was hoping for the prior, as that I would assume the resolution would be higher. Is my assumption correct? Otherwise, I can't seem to find the eShop version anywhere, which is why I felt I had no choice but to ask here. You all seem to have the most knowledge by far. :)
Thank you much in advance!
Wii VC games do not work on Loadiine. My best guess is because it's not made to open Wii Mode properly yet. Just get a USB 2.0 and mod your vWii to run backups.

lagonauta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
just saying loading metroid prime trilogy on usb loader gx through the vwii still outputs at 720p, and looks pretty nice actually. Though the only way to output at 1080p is wii eshop injection, which is not possible without an iosu exploit. That said i don't mind. Melee in 720p is beautiful, especially using a gamecube adapter.

I am confused right now... Is it possible to render the game at 720p or more on vWii? Are you sure? I believe the WiiU only scales the Wii framebuffer (480p?) to whatever you set on the WiiU, be it 720p, 1080p or even 480i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more