Hacking Metroid prime trilogy crash

dwarf74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have my retail disc to install to the hard drive using USB loader gx.

It installs successfully.
When I move the cursor over Metroid Prime Trilogy, usb loader crashes and says something like "reloading in 5 seconds" and never reloads.

-i dunno if this has anything to do with it, but the first time i installed it, it wouldn't give me this crash. I clicked the thing to download the cover art, and while it was downloading, the power in my house just so happened to flicker on and off.
I installed it again and i get the crash whenever the game is highlighted in the menu.

Isn't there special special stuff required to play trilogy?

I used search, but I wasn't able to tell exactly what i needed or whatever....

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dwarf74 said:
Well, I have my retail disc to install to the hard drive using USB loader gx.

It installs successfully.
When I move the cursor over Metroid Prime Trilogy, usb loader crashes and says something like "reloading in 5 seconds" and never reloads.

-i dunno if this has anything to do with it, but the first time i installed it, it wouldn't give me this crash. I clicked the thing to download the cover art, and while it was downloading, the power in my house just so happened to flicker on and off.
I installed it again and i get the crash whenever the game is highlighted in the menu.

Isn't there special special stuff required to play trilogy?

I used search, but I wasn't able to tell exactly what i needed or whatever....

You have the corrupted cover bug.

This is how to fix:
Take note of the game id of your Metroid prime trilogy disc. For PAL this is : R3MP01 For NTSC it's : R3ME01

Take a look on your SD card for this ID where your images are stored.
Delete it. Or if you have everything on a FAT disc just look there.

You can Re-download the cover again.

Try to load the game again using USB Loader GX. Using the alt .dol method. ( under game options )
Choose .dol from disc method.

*EDIT* Thank you for the PM! Good to know I could help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo