Gaming Metroid Prime Trilogy confirmed to be on a dual layer disc?

Haxxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IBNobody said:
Haxxy said:
WHAT. I'm getting an "Unable to read disc" error! Brawl works fine, as do other games. System Menu 4.1U. I have the original '06 Wii with a Wiikey installed. Anyone else experiencing this?

Did you verify that you have a good image, and that your disc was burnt correctly?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I PURCHASED this game. This sucks. o.o

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Haxxy said:
IBNobody said:
Haxxy said:
WHAT. I'm getting an "Unable to read disc" error! Brawl works fine, as do other games. System Menu 4.1U. I have the original '06 Wii with a Wiikey installed. Anyone else experiencing this?

Did you verify that you have a good image, and that your disc was burnt correctly?

Which update blocking methods, if any, are you using? o.o

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haxxy said:
IBNobody said:
Haxxy said:

Ahh...

Have you tried disabling your Wiikey via the config CD?

Haxxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
Which update blocking methods, if any, are you using? o.o
First of all, I just installed a System Update through Nintendo's servers. (It didn't work.) Before that, I had used Waninkoko's 4.1 Updater, and I have cIOS rev14 installed, though that was probably overwritten by the Nintendo update.

Haxxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IBNobody said:
Have you tried disabling your Wiikey via the config CD?
I checked, and there's no straight-up "disable" option on the config CD. I changed the DVD read speed to 3x, but still no success. I do have a feeling the modchip is the problem, though.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys think this will soon be shortened to a DVD5 version, like Brawl?

I have some DVD+R DL's in my basement...but I think I used them all up from trying to burn the DVD9 version of Brawl, and each disc got screwed up because it would write a little bit, and say an error. So now ImgBurn says it's not empty and it won't burn anything to it.

unsure.gif

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a dump out now. its not a scene release and its not on any of the private trackers yet at all. Im getting the dump i found its 7.6 gigs. gonna take 4ever to download though as there are only 2 seeders and like 200 leechers. I heard you have to use an atl dol for each game to load.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jabmaster2 said:
There is a dump out now. its not a scene release and its not on any of the private trackers yet at all. Im getting the dump i found its 7.6 gigs. gonna take 4ever to download though as there are only 2 seeders and like 200 leechers. I heard you have to use an atl dol for each game to load.

PM me when you get that DMCA Notice from your ISP.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
jabmaster2 said:

PM me when you get that DMCA Notice from your ISP.
yeah changed my mind it was going to slow anyways. will wait til tomorrow. Or go buy it.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Do you guys think this will soon be shortened to a DVD5 version, like Brawl?

I have some DVD+R DL's in my basement...but I think I used them all up from trying to burn the DVD9 version of Brawl, and each disc got screwed up because it would write a little bit, and say an error. So now ImgBurn says it's not empty and it won't burn anything to it.

unsure.gif

Barlw was made into a DVD5 by gutting out the dozens of cutscenes from SSE. Neither of the Prime games have huge files like that which you can rip out with no impact on the gameplay.

Haxxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxxy said:
For anyone also experiencing this, it turns out those with a Wiikey installed are unable to load retail dual-layer discs. I'll just remove the modchip, I guess. It's becoming pretty obsolete, anyway.

BigNastyCurve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxxy said:
Haxxy said:
For anyone also experiencing this, it turns out those with a Wiikey installed are unable to load retail dual-layer discs. I'll just remove the modchip, I guess. It's becoming pretty obsolete, anyway.

What are you talking about? The wiikey received an update that allows us to read the Brawl disc just fine. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly?

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm.. when I installed my legit copy to my HDD I got it as 7.44GB but I've heard reports of 7.38, 7.67, and 7.97 aswell. It seems a little odd that people would be getting such different file sizes. My copy works perfectly off disc btw but I want to run it on USB loader but everytime I run to boot it with an alt-dol selected the screen just stays black. Any potential help?

Haxxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BigNastyCurve said:
What are you talking about? The wiikey received an update that allows us to read the Brawl disc just fine. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly?
You're right, 1.9s allows retail Brawl discs to work, according to the site. However, Trilogy still doesn't work for some reason, and I'm positive the Wiikey is the problem.

Also: Will Trilogy ever be bootable from USB without having to use alt dols, or is that beyond our limitations? Waiting for the disc to load before going to the next room was the only problem with Prime.

BigNastyCurve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll probably buy the thing tomorrow. Saw it in Best Buy today when getting my PS3 slim and the packaging is almost too sweet to pass up.

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New usb loaders have the option to choose an alt-dol from the image file so you can play it with alt-dol fine for most people. It just wont work for me
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed