Gaming Metroid Prime Trilogy confirmed to be on a dual layer disc?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Skater4599 said:
This game came out today, curious if anyone has dumped it yet. Does it play no probs in USB Loader and what size is it? (I'm still trying to get my hands on it)

If it was dumped, you would see it first here!

Not sure if you understood me, i mean somone who bought the game and dumped it to there USB loader for ease of use or even its "true purpose" "Backup"

Obviously its not on torrent yet, and even if it was, i doubt somone's dumb enough to post a torrent here lol

Just because they dump it on there hard drive doesn't mean they up it to share
smile.gif
cheers

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Skater4599 said:
Satangel said:
Skater4599 said:
This game came out today, curious if anyone has dumped it yet. Does it play no probs in USB Loader and what size is it? (I'm still trying to get my hands on it)

If it was dumped, you would see it first here!

Not sure if you understood me, i mean somone who bought the game and dumped it to there USB loader for ease of use or even its "true purpose" "Backup"

Obviously its not on torrent yet, and even if i doubt somone dumb enough to post a torrent here lol

Just because they dump it on there hard drive doesnt mean they up it to share
smile.gif
cheers

Aha, well, I don't think if anyone got it on his HD yet.
There are people who apparently got it, and they confirmed it was dual-layer. But they didn't tell more info on how big it was on the HD.

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If my DVD drive could read Wii discs, I'd at least send info along, but my Benq furrowed its brow at the MPT disc. Oh well. I tried. I'm almost jealous of people running it with HD Loader... I do not have an external drive, and I bet the initial load times of the games is shrunken by HD Loader (though loading times once the games start are pretty nil).

cribby08

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lucky you got it early. I pre-ordered from Amazon and it still hasn't even shipped yet.

I am really looking forward to this. Even though I have beaten all the metriod games I would like to try prime 1 and 2 with wii controls.

I hope my copy ships soon.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MikeE21286 said:
it's 7.60 gb

Thanks for your reply, is that through USB loader GX? Also does it just run without a hitch, or did you have to use an alt dol method or any special settings to run off USB HD?

Lastly, whats your setup, which Cios revision etc?
smile.gif
thanks

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to rip it to my hdd and test it when I get off work. It's sitting right next to me, though, and it's all nice and prettyful.
tongue.gif

As a side note, I think it's funny that the disc hole is Samus's arm cannon.

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got back from gamestop and its in my hands now, but I dont have time right now to rip it to the HDD. Im gonna guess and say its gonna take about an hour to rip this bad boy, and I have to leave in 45 minutes, so I'll have to rip it later. It is a really sweet box, I must say..........

EDIT: Bad news guys, and just as I expected. I just dumped my disc to HDD via USB Loader GX (most current build) The game boots up fine, and has a really nice menu, but unfortunately, the menu is all you are going to see. All 3 games go green screen, then to system menu when trying to launch the single player campaigns. I at least thought that Prime 3 would run, but no go. Sooooooooo, this was tested with default settings on GX, 4.0 system menu, and rev14.

Alt dol method may work on this one, but its not gonna be a walk in the park, especially for those of you who dont plan on purchasing this game. But hey, why not just drop the 50 buck and support Retro Studios, as they did an awesome job with this trilogy, and their handling of the metroid series in general.

Please report your findings and results

MikeE21286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
MikeE21286 said:
it's 7.60 gb

Thanks for your reply, is that through USB loader GX? Also does it just run without a hitch, or did you have to use an alt dol method or any special settings to run off USB HD?

Lastly, whats your setup, which Cios revision etc?
smile.gif
thanks

I don't actually have the game. Someone on another website posted the size of the install. He ripped it using usbloader+cnfg I believe. He never did report back on how he played it (if he was able to at all) using a loader.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm assuming what they will have done is kept the original codebases for each of the games and compiled them to dol for wii, and then coded a separate menu dol that just launches the other 3 dols.
From Retro's perspective that was probably the easiest way to do it.

Haxxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHAT. I'm getting an "Unable to read disc" error! Brawl works fine, as do other games. System Menu 4.1U. I have the original '06 Wii with a Wiikey installed. Anyone else experiencing this?

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haxxy said:
WHAT. I'm getting an "Unable to read disc" error! Brawl works fine, as do other games. System Menu 4.1U. I have the original '06 Wii with a Wiikey installed. Anyone else experiencing this?

Did you verify that you have a good image, and that your disc was burnt correctly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.