Sorox

Master Firo Soul
OP
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, So i hacked my Wii before the Backup Launcher was out, most of you know me from back then, etc, etc. I'm running Sys. Menu 3.2, but I've used many methods to have my Wii updated with everything from the other Updates (sd card menu, etc) My brother recently BOUGHT Metroid Prime Trilogies and it won't read in our wii. I've tried running it through the System menu, Gecko, even NeoGamma, but they all tell me Disc Read error. Now I know most of you are thinking "It's probably just broken..." But that's not the case here. This is the 2nd time we've bought it. The 1st time, that's what we thought, so we exchanged it for a new copy, but same scenario.
Things I have installed on my wii:
Cios Rev 14 (i think..)
IOS 249 or something like that
CIOSCORP
Priloader
Had Bootmii, but I lost my SD card. Most of my stuff is launched off usb these days.

So anybody have a solution? And yes, I've already searched GBATemp. Google won't seem to load on my PC either.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Based on your settings, I need one more piece of information.

Did the error happen immediately when trying to load the disc, or does it happen when trying to load Metroid prime 3?

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
OP
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Immediately. Thinking it kight have been software issues, I updated to 4.2, cIOS rev17, and installed IOS 55. No changes. I'm thiniking my DVD drive just might be F'd, but my regular games and my backups still work. It's just this one game.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmmm...

First, upgrade to cIOS249 rev17, and install DARKCORP v1.0.
And then purchase the Official Nintendo Wii Lens Cleaning Kit (I think they're about $10), and use it as per instructions.

And then MPT should work.

...do you have SSBB?
If so, are you having the same problem with it?
If so, this should fix it too.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried just playing it through the disc channel, normally?

I had problems with my retail disc too. Takes about 5 goes untill it'll read it. My Wiikey could have something to do with it but most likely the laser.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never could get my retail copy of MPT to work right with cioscorp installed. Changing rev versions never seemed to make a difference.

MP3 would only run off the retail disc if I launched using the alt-DOL way in Neogamma. Usually MP1 and 2 would launch if I ran the game through disc channel, but not always, and sometimes with major glitches.

After I uninstalled cisocorp, the retail disc worked just fine.

So... my suggestion, uninstall cioscorp and see if it will run, just to rule out a dirty laser or disc. You can always reinstall cioscorp (or darkcorp, I see the new version's called) again later if you want.

I in no way intend to bash cioscorp/darkcorp by anything I've said. I liked it while I had it installed, and probably would've kept it if not for these issues when I tried running MPT. I'll probably give darkcorp a go at some point, just to see if it makes a difference, but I mostly use USB loaders now anyway, so I'm in no rush to start experimenting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.