Hacking Metroid Prime Preview Channel WAD

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know that this channel doesn't do anything anymore, but purely for the nostalgia I'd like to install the channel on my Wii dashboard.

It's very very hard to find though - for any region. Which is ironic as it's probably the only Nintendo channel (excluding those in the shop) which absolutely everyone can install without infringing a law.

Thanks

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still have it
wink.gif

dont know how i can do you a favor witb it

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's just occurred to me that you can, in my experience, copy channels from the Wii system memory to an SD card in the Data Management area. No hacky stuff required.

Of course, I'll need to do something to get that channel working on my Wii... not really sure what. Probably something quite hard unless the WAD installer will handle things by itself.

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kallekall said:
I got it, but it do not work anymore. Nintendo has removed the demos that it could stream.
This is true. I tried to use the channel just for the heck of it about a month ago, and it says something about the channel being no longer available. I just ended up deleting it.

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For the three American members, I am fully aware that the channel doesn't do anything as I've already said in my first sentence.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
retrospect said:
I know that this channel doesn't do anything anymore, but purely for the nostalgia I'd like to install the channel on my Wii dashboard.

It's very very hard to find though - for any region. Which is ironic as it's probably the only Nintendo channel (excluding those in the shop) which absolutely everyone can install without infringing a law.

Thanks

I can still download it from the Wii shop. It's under my purchased games (lol)

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The quickkey you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire."
The DL link is not working.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Houda said:
This channel is a little useless now because when we lauch it we come back to the wii menu after a little message
laugh.gif
Hm, but then, why it is so big? (13 MB)

EDIT: Gnac, tried it, it won't work as copying from the SD card. (I thoguht it'll not work)

You have to dump your Wii's NAND to get the channel off unencrypted and with the ticket file. I remember there's some tutorial for thsi to how to make a WAD from the NAND...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night