Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Zantigo said:
Maedhros said:
sKeEt said:
Maedhros said:
No, I appreciate the Quake series, and hate the Prime series, it's simple like that.
- I don't like to scan every freak'n place to understand all the story
- I don't like the exploration on that game (I like it in games like Zelda, possibly because of the less backtracking)
- On the DS, it got even worse to aim (yes, I hate using the stylus to aim, even if you can get around it sometime later).

It's a part of the series not too important to the main story anyway, so I don't care. I just want my 2D metroid back.

Are you for real, dude? Look I understand there's some love/hate for the Prime games. Personally I loved them. At least the first Prime was incredible. The others didn't really stand out as much but were still good nonetheless. What I'm comparing Quake to is the Prime Hunter multiplayer. Not the entire series. Jeez that went right over your head. Quake is nothing like the Prime series. Noticed when I compared it to Quake I said Prime Hunters. Not the Prime series. You guys are getting annoying with all your Prime hate. Like they were such bad games or something. The Primes were such an atmospheric and wonderful transition of traditional Metroid gameplay into first person perspective. To say that isn't an achievement is just ignorant. Even if you don't personally like them doesn't mean they didn't succeed in what they were trying to accomplish.

I was a BIG fan of Quake 3. I played the shit out of it on the Dreamcast with my friends. It was fast frantic gameplay with over the top levels. If that doesn't in the least sound like your Prime Hunters multiplayer experience than whatever. To each his own but us Quake fanatics know exactly what I mean when comparing the two.

I don't get your complaints about the Prime series either. You don't have to scan things if you don't want to. Secondly Metroid isn't exactly known for it's rich story. The original games didn't even explain much story. Even Super Metroid only had like two instances of text dialogue. Complaining about scanning things to learn about the story is just stupid. Just like the original games the story is told as you play through the game. The info you get from scans are optional and merely add details.

Then to say you don't like the exploration in the Primes is also stupid. There has always been exploration and a lot of backtracking in the Metroid series. So you can do it in 2D but not 3D? Please. Sounds like an excuse to hate.

Your complaints about aiming with the DS is the only valid argument. Personally I found it to be easy and quite accurate like a mouse and keyboard. Though it can get uncomfortable I have found the best possible positioning of my hands to play the game comfortably. Honestly though aiming on the DS isn't hard. Finding a comfortable position is hard so that's the only complaint I will accept.

It's perfectly ok and understandable to dislike something. Everyone has there own preference. But you sound like your just hating for the sake of hating. There were many things the Primes did right and you can't ignore it's achievements. There is quite literally no game like the Primes and that in itself is a massive achievement especially for a FPS.

I mean I dislike Greenday with a passion. I can't stand listening to their music but I appreciate their contributions to music. I can acknowledge that their music is good. Just not my taste. I'm not going to needlessly hate them or anyone who likes them. I just don't listen to them.
You don't have to answer a wall of text, I just don't like the game and that's it. You see the points you stated as pros and I see them as cons (minus the music).

Exploration in 3D don't suck, it sucks on this game IMO.
And I don't like to aim with the stylus.

Capiche?

You know I find it funny how this guy is coming in to put an idea out there and almost instantly the hate comes in.
I can understand if you disliked the game but dont post here if you know your just gonna whine.
I mean yes MP was amazing and the transition was odd and hard to adjust to. So was windwakers style of art and how most of the game was based on long term navigation but, it was still a great game and while many hated it just because of how it looked others loved it. So overall dont come in if you know your gonna hate what you see.
Wind Waker is the best Zelda game ever made imo. It has everything that made OoT good plus the charisma/visuals who remind me of the 2D games. Plus it's not as boring as MP, IMO. So, no.

Why the hell you guys are trying to change my opinion?? It's not like I'm bashing the game or saying for people to not play it, I just don't like it because of the reasons I stated, if you can't understand, it's your problem. I'm not alone on this matter, if you look around, you'll see a lot of people who don't like the game as myself for these or other reasons.

If the next game is similar to MP (or OtherM), Metroid is dead to me, I'll just remember the good times with Super Metroid and it's awesome... everything.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
He's not saying the game sucks nor saying whoever plays it has no taste or whatnot. He's saying he doesn't like the game and why. The only hate here seems to be against us who don't like it.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except that this topic isn't about the Metroid Prime series. This is about Metroid Prime Hunters online multiplayer which is so drastically different from the series yet people just come in here to express how much they dislike MP and don't even acknowledge how much fun online multiplayer was and still is in Hunters.

There was literally like one person who knew just what I was talking about and was legitimately excited at the prospect.

Everyone else was like, "Eww MP sucked so, no I don't want to see it on the 3DS"

Also, everyone dick riding the 2D Metroids. Yea I get it. You like the 2D Metroids. I, however, am talking about online multiplayer using the world of Metroid. That's online FPS multiplayer with characters who change forms and have unique alt form abilities in space themed arenas. I mean did you guys even play the online multiplayer? Do you have some sort of reference as to what I'm talking about?

On another note I'd like to see more characters with some crazy alt forms. Like someone with a flying or hovering ability who drops bombs. Maybe another who can create decoy bombs of his alt form. I mean you can get really creative with these alt forms.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I don't like MP, you can extend this to the multiplayer too. It was similar to Quake 3 arena, but the latter is better and has better controls than the first.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
MP:H was the best FPS on DS.
MP3:C was one of the best (if not the best) FPS on Wii.

Yes, I want MP:H on 3DS. Just replace stylus with slidepad and I'm happy.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not hating and i apologize if I offended you but I was just saying that I think its Illogical to come on to a topic and talk about how you dont like the series as instead of commenting on the idea. Im not trying to be mean or anything im just stating an opinion.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Zantigo said:
Im not hating and i apologize if I offended you but I was just saying that I think its Illogical to come on to a topic and talk about how you dont like the series as instead of commenting on the idea. Im not trying to be mean or anything im just stating an opinion.
This is a forum, expect people to disagree or agree with other oppinions.

Like you said, I was stating my opinion about this Metroid "spin-off".

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love a Metroid Prime Hunters sequel, especially if the game included all of the hunters from MP3, various color swaps for Samus, more weapon variety (MPH had a lot, to be fair, but I'd like to see some more. Maybe something like getting rid of the universal ammo, and instead, mixing and matching ammunition with guns), more levels, etc. I really enjoyed the game, and I enjoyed the variety of online modes, too.

That being said, I'd also LOVE a 2D side scrolling Metroid title with 3D effects. I absolutely loved Fusion and Super Metroid.

I'd also love to see some kind of cross over title. I think Cyrax, Sektor andSmoke from Mortal Kombat would make cool cameo characters in a new MPH title.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windaga said:
I'd also love to see some kind of cross over title. I think Cyrax, Sektor andSmoke from Mortal Kombat would make cool cameo characters in a new MPH title.

That's an interesting idea. Though it would seem difficult to get MK characters. Interesting nonetheless. I'm trying to think of other characters with interesting alt forms to include but can't think of any.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
MPH was the best-looking/best-playing FPS for the Nintendo DS. Period. High framerate without sacrificing graphics, and most importantly, the inclusion of BOTS for people with no wifi access. Bots alone gave it a ton of replayability.

1. Framerate+Graphics
2. Bots

Those two are sorely lacking in the other FPS titles for the DS. I've no idea why no other FPS title picked up on those. MPH did it, so why can't they?

anyways, to get back on topic, i'd love to see an MPH sequel on the 3DS, but i'm guessing the fast-paced gameplay would very much induce motion sickness, especially with the 3D effects on. aside from that though, it'll be awesome having visual depth added to the game. and retain/improve the bots, please. and have StreetPass make it so that you can jump right into public games (assuming they have a mode for private/password-protected/public modes) and replace bots as needed. that would be awesome.
happy.gif

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I love the Metroid series and my favorite game had to be mp1 for gamecube. It be awesome if they made a hunters sequel for 3ds. Expand the multiplayer with leaderboards and such like other FPS on the consoles do and I would be hooked.

Though in all likelyhood we won't get a sequel, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say WE WANT A SEQUEL!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night