Gaming Metroid Prime Hunters 3DS Sequel

sKeEt

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
262
Trophies
0
XP
115
Country
United States
You cannot deny that online multiplayer was a blast to play

I still love to play but unfortunately there are too many hackers. They should make a sequel and ban hackers. I love the idea of other hunters with unique transforming abilities and crazy space based arena's. It had a very Quake feel to it.
 

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
2,181
Trophies
0
Age
34
Location
Man Mo Temple
XP
391
Country
Germany
If they intend to make a new Metroid for 3DS I hope they make it similar to what Capcom does with RE on 3DS:

One singleplayer-oriented game in 2D (!) and one multiplayer-oriented game in a similar style to Hunters, which I agree was imo a really good game. Though I don`t know if just the multiplayer could warrant a purchase, since games like Conduit and CoD, which I`m sure will eventually come to 3DS will most definitely have both: mp and sp...

So if you ask me they should just make a new 2D Metroid. At least I would much rather see see a new 2D Metroid happen
yaynds.gif
 

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
3,932
Trophies
1
Age
34
Location
Coventry, UK
XP
2,155
Country
I'd like to see a 2D sidescrolling Metroid a la Super Metroid/Fusion, but with 3D effects, maybe bring back the ability to jump into the background like you could in the Wario game for the Virtual Boy. A) this would be an interesting way to evade enemy attacks, B) It'd give the fans what they've been begging for since time immemorial, C) it's make use of the 3DS features, and D) it'd mean the Virtual Boy finally did someting useful.
 

blackdragonbaham

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
670
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
hyper dystopian dimension
XP
75
Country
Gambia, The
if they do, it should be a 2d action adventure like the classicle parts for snes and gba. they were very enjoyable, and the 2d view was a lot clearer than that in 3d ego perspective. the gameplay was smoother and more compfortable. its an example for the matter that sometimes less is like more, not only because hunters was really disappointing, but also because ego shooter on handhelds suck in general.
 
D

Deleted_171835

Guest
Metroid Prime Hunters was fun.
The limited choice of stages did irritate me, though. I hated most of the stages. The gameplay was quite solid, though. It would be great if they made a Metroid Prime Hunters sequel! I would prefer a 2D Metroid (Metroid Dread), though.
 

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
2,797
Trophies
0
Age
27
Location
Montevideo
XP
229
Country
Uruguay
It's a giant "meh" for me.
I enjoyed MPH but for a while. That amount of backtracking in a 3D environment is too annoying for me.

As for online playing, the cheaters took out all the fun of it.
 

luckwii

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2010
Messages
388
Trophies
0
XP
169
Country
United States
I will be releasing a new revision to my NSMB hack soon. I guess for now it is the closest you will find to a new Metroid 2d scroller. If you guys are interested, maybe tonight I will post a new release. The game uses Mario of course, but uses every room from the original game plus extras. I have built up to the first tower in World 2. Here is a link to my post. If I get some replies that people are interested, I will release the current build tonight.
http://gbatemp.net/t268368-new-metroid-bros
 

sKeEt

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
262
Trophies
0
XP
115
Country
United States
Damn. Why all the Prime hate?

Anyone who played the hell out of Quake and Unreal appreciates what Prime Hunters offered. Maybe you don't like the Prime games but what Hunters offered in online multiplayer is far removed from the Prime games. Choosing from other Bounty Hunters with their own alternate forms who weren't Samus in crazy spaced themed levels in frantic multiplayer deathmatches.

Nobody wants that?

Hell I still throw on Hunters every now and then and still have a blast playing it. My favorite character Spire is great for tricking people. Having someone chase me I go into my alt form turn a corner and climb up a wall. The person passes under me and I drop down behind them and take them out.

I hate that half turret douche bag because people abuse the shit out of it. They just stay in alt form the entire match letting the auto turret shoot for them. It's a good idea but people abuse it. I've never seen someone use that character's non alt form.

It's these little things that could be fixed with a proper sequel. So much more can b e added. I know you guys love your 2D Metroid. How about instead we get a full 2D Metroid game and a separate online multiplayer only Prime Hunters sequel. Bigger and better with more characters, levels, weapons, more creative alt forms, bonus power-ups like hacking the visor, and a huge online game mode based around the bounty hunter lifestyle where players have to take out targets before the others which can either be npc or real players as targets.

Maybe could even make an MMORPG out of that
 

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
694
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
MTL
Website
Visit site
XP
164
Country
Canada
I loved Metroid Prime Hunters. The only downfall for the game was the frame rate and the
tedious single player. They should make a sequel with more hunters and with a way better online so no hacking and all that bullshit. The levels were quite good and the gameplay itself was really solid so that is why I always wanted Big N to make a sequel on the Wii or on the 3DS.
QUOTE said:
I hate that half turret douche bag because people abuse the shit out of it. They just stay in alt form the entire match letting the auto turret shoot for them. It's a good idea but people abuse it. I've never seen someone use that character's non alt form.

All you gotta do is shockcoil the crap outta Weavel's turret and strafe around it. It's really bad unless he has double damage or if they do the outter world glitch lol.
 

Maedhros

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2008
Messages
897
Trophies
0
Age
34
XP
111
Country
Brazil
sKeEt said:
Damn. Why all the Prime hate?

Anyone who played the hell out of Quake and Unreal appreciates what Prime Hunters offered. Maybe you don't like the Prime games but what Hunters offered in online multiplayer is far removed from the Prime games. Choosing from other Bounty Hunters with their own alternate forms who weren't Samus in crazy spaced themed levels in frantic multiplayer deathmatches.

Nobody wants that?

Hell I still throw on Hunters every now and then and still have a blast playing it. My favorite character Spire is great for tricking people. Having someone chase me I go into my alt form turn a corner and climb up a wall. The person passes under me and I drop down behind them and take them out.

I hate that half turret douche bag because people abuse the shit out of it. They just stay in alt form the entire match letting the auto turret shoot for them. It's a good idea but people abuse it. I've never seen someone use that character's non alt form.

It's these little things that could be fixed with a proper sequel. So much more can b e added. I know you guys love your 2D Metroid. How about instead we get a full 2D Metroid game and a separate online multiplayer only Prime Hunters sequel. Bigger and better with more characters, levels, weapons, more creative alt forms, bonus power-ups like hacking the visor, and a huge online game mode based around the bounty hunter lifestyle where players have to take out targets before the others which can either be npc or real players as targets.

Maybe could even make an MMORPG out of that
No, I appreciate the Quake series, and hate the Prime series, it's simple like that.
- I don't like to scan every freak'n place to understand all the story
- I don't like the exploration on that game (I like it in games like Zelda, possibly because of the less backtracking)
- On the DS, it got even worse to aim (yes, I hate using the stylus to aim, even if you can get around it sometime later).

It's a part of the series not too important to the main story anyway, so I don't care. I just want my 2D metroid back.
 

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
1,437
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Maryland
XP
485
Country
United States
I have a feeling I may have liked it if the ds shoulder buttons didn't suck (and lets be honest here....they kinda sucked)

But hopefully the 3DS has nice shoulder buttons so I can enjoy games like this
 

sKeEt

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
262
Trophies
0
XP
115
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
No, I appreciate the Quake series, and hate the Prime series, it's simple like that.
- I don't like to scan every freak'n place to understand all the story
- I don't like the exploration on that game (I like it in games like Zelda, possibly because of the less backtracking)
- On the DS, it got even worse to aim (yes, I hate using the stylus to aim, even if you can get around it sometime later).

It's a part of the series not too important to the main story anyway, so I don't care. I just want my 2D metroid back.

Are you for real, dude? Look I understand there's some love/hate for the Prime games. Personally I loved them. At least the first Prime was incredible. The others didn't really stand out as much but were still good nonetheless. What I'm comparing Quake to is the Prime Hunter multiplayer. Not the entire series. Jeez that went right over your head. Quake is nothing like the Prime series. Noticed when I compared it to Quake I said Prime Hunters. Not the Prime series. You guys are getting annoying with all your Prime hate. Like they were such bad games or something. The Primes were such an atmospheric and wonderful transition of traditional Metroid gameplay into first person perspective. To say that isn't an achievement is just ignorant. Even if you don't personally like them doesn't mean they didn't succeed in what they were trying to accomplish.

I was a BIG fan of Quake 3. I played the shit out of it on the Dreamcast with my friends. It was fast frantic gameplay with over the top levels. If that doesn't in the least sound like your Prime Hunters multiplayer experience than whatever. To each his own but us Quake fanatics know exactly what I mean when comparing the two.

I don't get your complaints about the Prime series either. You don't have to scan things if you don't want to. Secondly Metroid isn't exactly known for it's rich story. The original games didn't even explain much story. Even Super Metroid only had like two instances of text dialogue. Complaining about scanning things to learn about the story is just stupid. Just like the original games the story is told as you play through the game. The info you get from scans are optional and merely add details.

Then to say you don't like the exploration in the Primes is also stupid. There has always been exploration and a lot of backtracking in the Metroid series. So you can do it in 2D but not 3D? Please. Sounds like an excuse to hate.

Your complaints about aiming with the DS is the only valid argument. Personally I found it to be easy and quite accurate like a mouse and keyboard. Though it can get uncomfortable I have found the best possible positioning of my hands to play the game comfortably. Honestly though aiming on the DS isn't hard. Finding a comfortable position is hard so that's the only complaint I will accept.

It's perfectly ok and understandable to dislike something. Everyone has there own preference. But you sound like your just hating for the sake of hating. There were many things the Primes did right and you can't ignore it's achievements. There is quite literally no game like the Primes and that in itself is a massive achievement especially for a FPS.

I mean I dislike Greenday with a passion. I can't stand listening to their music but I appreciate their contributions to music. I can acknowledge that their music is good. Just not my taste. I'm not going to needlessly hate them or anyone who likes them. I just don't listen to them.
 

Maedhros

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2008
Messages
897
Trophies
0
Age
34
XP
111
Country
Brazil
sKeEt said:
Maedhros said:
No, I appreciate the Quake series, and hate the Prime series, it's simple like that.
- I don't like to scan every freak'n place to understand all the story
- I don't like the exploration on that game (I like it in games like Zelda, possibly because of the less backtracking)
- On the DS, it got even worse to aim (yes, I hate using the stylus to aim, even if you can get around it sometime later).

It's a part of the series not too important to the main story anyway, so I don't care. I just want my 2D metroid back.

Are you for real, dude? Look I understand there's some love/hate for the Prime games. Personally I loved them. At least the first Prime was incredible. The others didn't really stand out as much but were still good nonetheless. What I'm comparing Quake to is the Prime Hunter multiplayer. Not the entire series. Jeez that went right over your head. Quake is nothing like the Prime series. Noticed when I compared it to Quake I said Prime Hunters. Not the Prime series. You guys are getting annoying with all your Prime hate. Like they were such bad games or something. The Primes were such an atmospheric and wonderful transition of traditional Metroid gameplay into first person perspective. To say that isn't an achievement is just ignorant. Even if you don't personally like them doesn't mean they didn't succeed in what they were trying to accomplish.

I was a BIG fan of Quake 3. I played the shit out of it on the Dreamcast with my friends. It was fast frantic gameplay with over the top levels. If that doesn't in the least sound like your Prime Hunters multiplayer experience than whatever. To each his own but us Quake fanatics know exactly what I mean when comparing the two.

I don't get your complaints about the Prime series either. You don't have to scan things if you don't want to. Secondly Metroid isn't exactly known for it's rich story. The original games didn't even explain much story. Even Super Metroid only had like two instances of text dialogue. Complaining about scanning things to learn about the story is just stupid. Just like the original games the story is told as you play through the game. The info you get from scans are optional and merely add details.

Then to say you don't like the exploration in the Primes is also stupid. There has always been exploration and a lot of backtracking in the Metroid series. So you can do it in 2D but not 3D? Please. Sounds like an excuse to hate.

Your complaints about aiming with the DS is the only valid argument. Personally I found it to be easy and quite accurate like a mouse and keyboard. Though it can get uncomfortable I have found the best possible positioning of my hands to play the game comfortably. Honestly though aiming on the DS isn't hard. Finding a comfortable position is hard so that's the only complaint I will accept.

It's perfectly ok and understandable to dislike something. Everyone has there own preference. But you sound like your just hating for the sake of hating. There were many things the Primes did right and you can't ignore it's achievements. There is quite literally no game like the Primes and that in itself is a massive achievement especially for a FPS.

I mean I dislike Greenday with a passion. I can't stand listening to their music but I appreciate their contributions to music. I can acknowledge that their music is good. Just not my taste. I'm not going to needlessly hate them or anyone who likes them. I just don't listen to them.
You don't have to answer a wall of text, I just don't like the game and that's it. You see the points you stated as pros and I see them as cons (minus the music).

Exploration in 3D don't suck, it sucks on this game IMO.
And I don't like to aim with the stylus.

Capiche?
 

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
3,471
Trophies
0
Age
25
Location
Throwing milk at the bitches!
XP
1,307
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
sKeEt said:
Maedhros said:
No, I appreciate the Quake series, and hate the Prime series, it's simple like that.
- I don't like to scan every freak'n place to understand all the story
- I don't like the exploration on that game (I like it in games like Zelda, possibly because of the less backtracking)
- On the DS, it got even worse to aim (yes, I hate using the stylus to aim, even if you can get around it sometime later).

It's a part of the series not too important to the main story anyway, so I don't care. I just want my 2D metroid back.

Are you for real, dude? Look I understand there's some love/hate for the Prime games. Personally I loved them. At least the first Prime was incredible. The others didn't really stand out as much but were still good nonetheless. What I'm comparing Quake to is the Prime Hunter multiplayer. Not the entire series. Jeez that went right over your head. Quake is nothing like the Prime series. Noticed when I compared it to Quake I said Prime Hunters. Not the Prime series. You guys are getting annoying with all your Prime hate. Like they were such bad games or something. The Primes were such an atmospheric and wonderful transition of traditional Metroid gameplay into first person perspective. To say that isn't an achievement is just ignorant. Even if you don't personally like them doesn't mean they didn't succeed in what they were trying to accomplish.

I was a BIG fan of Quake 3. I played the shit out of it on the Dreamcast with my friends. It was fast frantic gameplay with over the top levels. If that doesn't in the least sound like your Prime Hunters multiplayer experience than whatever. To each his own but us Quake fanatics know exactly what I mean when comparing the two.

I don't get your complaints about the Prime series either. You don't have to scan things if you don't want to. Secondly Metroid isn't exactly known for it's rich story. The original games didn't even explain much story. Even Super Metroid only had like two instances of text dialogue. Complaining about scanning things to learn about the story is just stupid. Just like the original games the story is told as you play through the game. The info you get from scans are optional and merely add details.

Then to say you don't like the exploration in the Primes is also stupid. There has always been exploration and a lot of backtracking in the Metroid series. So you can do it in 2D but not 3D? Please. Sounds like an excuse to hate.

Your complaints about aiming with the DS is the only valid argument. Personally I found it to be easy and quite accurate like a mouse and keyboard. Though it can get uncomfortable I have found the best possible positioning of my hands to play the game comfortably. Honestly though aiming on the DS isn't hard. Finding a comfortable position is hard so that's the only complaint I will accept.

It's perfectly ok and understandable to dislike something. Everyone has there own preference. But you sound like your just hating for the sake of hating. There were many things the Primes did right and you can't ignore it's achievements. There is quite literally no game like the Primes and that in itself is a massive achievement especially for a FPS.

I mean I dislike Greenday with a passion. I can't stand listening to their music but I appreciate their contributions to music. I can acknowledge that their music is good. Just not my taste. I'm not going to needlessly hate them or anyone who likes them. I just don't listen to them.
You don't have to answer a wall of text, I just don't like the game and that's it. You see the points you stated as pros and I see them as cons (minus the music).

Exploration in 3D don't suck, it sucks on this game IMO.
And I don't like to aim with the stylus.

Capiche?

You know I find it funny how this guy is coming in to put an idea out there and almost instantly the hate comes in.
I can understand if you disliked the game but dont post here if you know your just gonna whine.
I mean yes MP was amazing and the transition was odd and hard to adjust to. So was windwakers style of art and how most of the game was based on long term navigation but, it was still a great game and while many hated it just because of how it looked others loved it. So overall dont come in if you know your gonna hate what you see.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    AliceCE @ AliceCE: also yum yum is good on lunch sandwhiches