Metroid Prime 3 Update

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by wiiuser07, Sep 5, 2007.

Sep 5, 2007

Metroid Prime 3 Update by wiiuser07 at 12:39 AM (704 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. wiiuser07
    OP

Newcomer wiiuser07 Newbie

United States
    I have read about the MP3 update on numerous sites but am feeling a little paranoid still. I'm running 2.2 on a NTSC (US) console and have a Wiikey with v1.0 setup disc. I have read that the MP3 update does not change your firmware and does not affect modded Wii's but I'm still skeptical about the update. Does it affect the internet channels in any way and has anyone noticed any other differences whatsoever?

2. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    I have the same setup as you, and installed the update, and nothing has changed, so you should be good.

3. SnickS

Member SnickS GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Give us one good reason too be paranoid if you install an NTSC-U update on an NTSC-U Wii. [​IMG]

4. wiiuser07
    OP

Newcomer wiiuser07 Newbie

United States
    Other US users have had problems either with or after the update.... They aren't anything major just weird things happening like loading MP3 after playing a game without a nunchuk required or random DRE's out of nowhere. Another user had to change his disc speed from 6X to 3X for better MP3 game performance. On top of that my brother is having problems with the backup of the game, but the original loads fine. Has anyone had any experiences like that?

Please don't think that I am trying to argue with anyone, just seeking more knowledge. I haven't been able to find any threads about what the update actually does. Just threads that say it might be updates for game specific settings like boogies usb mic support.

5. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I am 99.9% sure that these issues could have nothing to do with the update MP3 puts on these systems.