Metroid Prime 3 "needs a disk in the drive"

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Hooya, Jun 11, 2009.

Jun 11, 2009
  1. Hooya
    OP

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Has there been a fixed introduced for this or something that went unnoticed? I just played MP3:C for about 45 minutes, starting with a new profile up until you get back to your ship. Saved fine, then I quit to the Wii menu. No errors at all.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB...Compatibility#M
    The Wiki says, and there seems to be consensus across the board that you need "Any disk in the drive to play". My disk drive slot was empty.

I was using the USB Loader GX revision 488 (running the .dol off of the FAT32 partition on the hard drive) and cIOS rev12. My Wii is at 4.0U, using the NTSC-U version of the game.

Has this problem been fixed then? Should I update the Wiki? What other games have this issue that might be fixed?

2. Skater4599

Member Skater4599 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This was fixed along with some others that required any disk in the drive in cIOS rev12 and up, i did same thing lol [​IMG]

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Rev12 or rev13 of the cIOS is supposed to fix this. I'm not sure which one.

4. Skater4599

Member Skater4599 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Also do you think you could test somthing out on that game from USB? on mine if i let the intro movie play some then press A and get the title screen that says metroid prime 3 corruption then press A, it freezes halfway through fading that out after pressing A again, But if i push A fast and skip movie/spam A past the title it goes through with no probs, im wondering if anyone else getting this or is it just me?

5. Hooya
    OP

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    OK. Well, I updated the Wiki for the NTSC-U version.