OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone!

I'm currently playing through Metroid Prime 3. First of all, this next description will contain some minor spoilers for the beginning of the game. Don't say I didn't warn you!

My European launch Wii is running firmware version 4.2 with CIOSCORP 3.4 installed. Also, I've got CIOS249, cMIOS and BootMii installed. I'm using the original Metroid Prime 3 disc (so no backup). I've just fought Meta Ridley, activated the generator en met the other hunters in the elevator. After Samus gets knocked out and the screens goes black for a bit the game freezes.

I've tried two times now. The first time it froze just after the "a few months later" text disappeared. The game didn't continue, so I pressed the home button to see if it froze. At that moment, the Wii restarted. When I tried again it got a little further, to when a scientist asks if I'm alright. The sound stopped and the screen just froze.

The disc looks like new. There's no visible damage at all.

Any ideas? Of course, I could just virginize my Wii, but I'd rather fix the source of the problem directly.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
This morning I was able to continue playing by pressing the home button just before the freeze and continuing later.

Now I'm at another planet. At some part, the music begins repeating a few seconds of music over and over again. When I scan things, it doesn't show any text. When I open the map the game freezes.

It seems like the Wii just stops reading the disc at some point...

NickW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem using cIOScorp with a backup disc. Running it through a backup launcher (and having it use cios249) seemed to fix this issue. It also appears that DARKCORP fixes this issue as well.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
cobleman said:
Clean your laser with an original nintendo cleaner
I thought those only fixed dual layer games? Super Smash Bros. Brawl (original) works just fine, so I'm not sure this will fix my problem.

I'm installing darkcorp now. I don't really use its features. If this doesn't solve the problem I'll try uninstalling all CIOS/similar crap. If that doesn't work I'll try cleaning the lens.

Edit: installing darkcorp fixed the problem, thanks a lot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed