Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Go Nintendo which erm is from Play magazine or something. I've hidden the spoilers, just select after the star to see.

"Reader NDAninja has the most recent issue of Play, and inside they talk a good amount about Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. It appears they got to play it at Nintendo’s Media Summit.

- *First level - You are attacked on a spaceship while meeting with the ship’s captain…action packed*

- Play feels motion controls work better than dual joystick

- Super sensitive pointer in “advanced” mode

- Beam stacking ala Super Metroid

- Visor switch: Hold minus and flick Wiimote in certain directions

- *Boss fight with Ridley at the end of the first level. Excellent difficulty curve by the time you reach the boss.*

- Back tracking in MP3:C makes more sense than in previous Primes

- Extra development time was to give the game more polish. Nintendo wanted “Twilight Princess” levels of polish. Game is focused on Metroid fans and hardcore gamers, but still accessible to newcomers due to controls.

- Second level - floating city focused on exploration

- Larger environments, bloom lighting, better textures than Prime 2

- Corruption Mode not available in demo

- Play says it could be the biggest revolution in FPS gaming since Halo."

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Was Halo a revolution on the FPS?
Will MP3 be a FPS?

Can't wait
tongue.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it better not be a FPS! It won't be Metroid if theres no back tracking or puzzle bits in it. To me the Metroid games are sort of like a sci fi Zelda.

I guess that they're probably saying its the best first person control system since Halo and that the FPS genre would benefit using this control method on consoles.

Or that they don't know what they're talking about and/or have no idea what the Metroid games are like and just saw that its played from a first person perspective.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finally some new infos. I'm glad to here there's still a focus on exploration. The previous video trailers only showed Halo-like action. Anyway, can't wait...

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm really looking forward to this game, but I'm a little worried about how the controls are going to work.

When I first heard about the Wii and this game, I was really excited because it seemed like a great control scheme for a FPS (or FPA, whatever). But after playing Red Steel I'm a little leery of how this is going to turn out. In Red Steel, aiming at the edges of the screen moves you view around, resulting in some difficult situations if you need to hit a guy who is in your periphery. You point at him, and the view starts going off to the side, etc.

After about a minute of learning, I adored RE4's control scheme. Only problem is that you can't run and shoot in RE4, which is a necessity in a MP game.

So does anybody know how MP3 is going to control? I'm really looking forward to the game. Probably because I'm just assuming that they developed some awesome control scheme for the thing.
wub.gif

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The controls are actually pretty good. I played the game on October 3rd at Nintendo World in NYC.
On 'Standard' mode, the pointer kinda lags a bit but its not a problem while your playing. On 'Expert' mode is much more precise and the pointer moves faster.
The motion controls (opening locks, grappling hook) was really cool also. I don't know what changes they made since then, but it was obviously gonna be one of the best games on Wii.

Oh, the game does have aiming at the edge of the screen like Red Steel does, but it does have lock-on so you can move and fire without much worry.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
SCANS AHOY!!!

http://i8.tinypic.com/6bus6fa.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/61kl2cm.jpg

Now you will be able to read the actual article! It's true, all of it!

Judging by the gameplay videos and the articles, it seems as though Metroid Prime 3 will include many more FPS elements than the past games - more action sequences and such. However it's still the same old Metroid we know and love at its core. I'm marking August 20th on my calandar!

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SCANS AHOY!!!

Judging by the gameplay videos and the articles, it seems as though Metroid Prime 3 will include many more FPS elements than the past games - more action sequences and such. However it's still the same old Metroid we know and love at its core. I'm marking August 20th on my calandar!

Woah, is that a new suit in the second scan?
ohmy.gif

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate how everyone compares fps games to Halo. Halo is not that good. It's a very simple generic fps where it's revolutionary features end with reload. Goldeneye had more pizazz in it's pinky toe than Halo. I hate that game with every ounce of my body, if you can't tell.

The first paragraph of the scan makes me want to vomit. Talking about how "oh it's sooo Halo" and how Halo "introduced the world to a new and wildly successful control scheme" Give me a fucking break. Like Halo was the first game to use two control sticks and two triggers to fire weapons and grenades. How revolutionary, how astounding, how much bullshit can the video game industry take before it falls on it's knees under the weight of it's perpetuated shitty game distribution?

korven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate how everyone compares fps games to Halo. Halo is not that good. It's a very simple generic fps where it's revolutionary features end with reload. Goldeneye had more pizazz in it's pinky toe than Halo. I hate that game with every ounce of my body, if you can't tell.

The first paragraph of the scan makes me want to vomit. Talking about how "oh it's sooo Halo" and how Halo "introduced the world to a new and wildly successful control scheme" Give me a fucking break. Like Halo was the first game to use two control sticks and two triggers to fire weapons and grenades. How revolutionary, how astounding, how much bullshit can the video game industry take before it falls on it's knees under the weight of it's perpetuated shitty game distribution?

Amen!

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hate how everyone compares fps games to Halo. Halo is not that good. It's a very simple generic fps where it's revolutionary features end with reload. Goldeneye had more pizazz in it's pinky toe than Halo. I hate that game with every ounce of my body, if you can't tell.

The first paragraph of the scan makes me want to vomit. Talking about how "oh it's sooo Halo" and how Halo "introduced the world to a new and wildly successful control scheme" Give me a fucking break. Like Halo was the first game to use two control sticks and two triggers to fire weapons and grenades. How revolutionary, how astounding, how much bullshit can the video game industry take before it falls on it's knees under the weight of it's perpetuated shitty game distribution?

Haha, your so right. Although I liked Halo, I couldn't see why everyone thought it was so special. It looked just like any ol' FPS to me
wink2.gif
. Then again, other than Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, I didn't really play many FPS back then...

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SCANS AHOY!!!

Gameplay videos? Where?

It really looks fantastic and Dark Samus looks really cool
bow.gif

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
yaynds.gif
SCANS AHOY!!!

Gameplay videos? Where?

It really looks fantastic and Dark Samus looks really cool
bow.gif
The older ones on IGN that were released a long time ago.
wink.gif

Oh and that may not even be Dark Samus, never know if it's good ol' Samus in Corruption mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: