Hacking Metroid Prime 2 Echoes (Trilogy) freezes when taking elevator to Agon Wastes, help!

CJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So my homebrew Wii works fine, all sort of games work fine, but I recently tried MP Trilogy and had no issues with the first MP, but when I started MP 2 Echoes after meeting for the first time with U-Mos and headed to Agon Wastes the game freezes when I take the elevator to that area. Is this an IOS/cIOS problem? Anyone has reported this problem before? I used ModMii to softmod my Wii console, any tips?

Turboloader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Played with the original Disc (PAL) last week, no problems.
Afair you need to use for each game of the trilogy different .dol files.

CJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Played with the original Disc (PAL) last week, no problems.

I'm playing it from an ISO using WiiFlow. Can you point me where can I get those? Thank you for replying :)

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I´m currently also playing MP2 from the Trilogy (PAL version) and have no freezes, first thing i would suggest is, that your iso has a corruption.
Try redownloading/redumping.
Don´t know about WiiFlow, but with USB-Loader GX you no longer need different dols, it autmatically launches the right ones for the menu or the game.
It´s like playing from disc.

CJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I´m currently also playing MP2 from the Trilogy (PAL version) and have no freezes, first thing i would suggest is, that your iso has a corruption.
Try redownloading/redumping.

Don´t know about WiiFlow, but with USB-Loader GX you no longer need different dols, it autmatically launches the right ones for the menu or the game.
It´s like playing from disc.

Thank you for your answer, this has happened also on Metroid Other M so I dont know if its a ISO issue or an outdated thing in the machine, I will try USB Loader GX to see if I succeed playing the game, thanks for the help :)

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if you're a pirate. I buy all my games.

I buy my games too but sometimes games straight up stop working or parts of games stop working. Don't just assume he's a pirate :/
Also CJT, have you tried switching between ios 222, 249 and 250? That's usually what I do when some games mess up and it usually works for me.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I buy my games too but sometimes games straight up stop working or parts of games stop working. Don't just assume he's a pirate :/
Also CJT, have you tried switching between ios 222, 249 and 250? That's usually what I do when some games mess up and it usually works for me.

Could be a bad rip (I back up all the games I've bought because I'm too freaking lazy to swap discs lol and to avoid wearing out the drive/laser), he could try re-ripping the ISO from disc again and see if it helps. they do get corrupt from time to time :P

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Could be a bad rip (I back up all the games I've bought because I'm too freaking lazy to swap discs lol and to avoid wearing out the drive/laser), he could try re-ripping the ISO from disc again and see if it helps. they do get corrupt from time to time :P
Actually, a similar thing happened to me with both MPT and Xenoblade. I verified that they weren't corrupt, and even re-ripped several times. It's happened to other people. It seems random though.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, a similar thing happened to me with both MPT and Xenoblade. I verified that they weren't corrupt, and even re-ripped several times. It's happened to other people. It seems random though.

Weird how that happens, I've only had that happen to one game, Burnout 2, it always locked up at the same part no matter how many times I tried. But I still don't really like using physical discs if I can just back up my own legal copies, but that's just me :P
Much more convenient, as for the OP, I don't know what options he has, this one has me baffled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte