Metroid Prime 2 Echoes (Trilogy) freezes when taking elevator to Agon Wastes, help!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by CJT, Apr 2, 2014.

1. CJT
    OP

CJT Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2013
    So my homebrew Wii works fine, all sort of games work fine, but I recently tried MP Trilogy and had no issues with the first MP, but when I started MP 2 Echoes after meeting for the first time with U-Mos and headed to Agon Wastes the game freezes when I take the elevator to that area. Is this an IOS/cIOS problem? Anyone has reported this problem before? I used ModMii to softmod my Wii console, any tips?

2. Turboloader

Turboloader Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Played with the original Disc (PAL) last week, no problems.
    Afair you need to use for each game of the trilogy different .dol files.

3. CJT
    OP

CJT Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2013

I'm playing it from an ISO using WiiFlow. Can you point me where can I get those? Thank you for replying :)

4. [Truth]

[Truth] GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2006
    Germany
    Mushroom Kingdom
    I´m currently also playing MP2 from the Trilogy (PAL version) and have no freezes, first thing i would suggest is, that your iso has a corruption.
    Try redownloading/redumping.
    Don´t know about WiiFlow, but with USB-Loader GX you no longer need different dols, it autmatically launches the right ones for the menu or the game.
    It´s like playing from disc.

5. CJT
    OP

CJT Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2013

Thank you for your answer, this has happened also on Metroid Other M so I dont know if its a ISO issue or an outdated thing in the machine, I will try USB Loader GX to see if I succeed playing the game, thanks for the help :)

6. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Sometimes it happens on games over 4GB. You need to play that part with the disc.

7. CJT
    OP

CJT Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2013

Well that sucks, the idea of soft-modding its to avoid that exactly.

8. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Only if you're a pirate. I buy all my games.

9. OfficerJeffrey

OfficerJeffrey GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2012
    United States
    I buy my games too but sometimes games straight up stop working or parts of games stop working. Don't just assume he's a pirate :/
    Also CJT, have you tried switching between ios 222, 249 and 250? That's usually what I do when some games mess up and it usually works for me.

10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Could be a bad rip (I back up all the games I've bought because I'm too freaking lazy to swap discs lol and to avoid wearing out the drive/laser), he could try re-ripping the ISO from disc again and see if it helps. they do get corrupt from time to time :P

11. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Actually, a similar thing happened to me with both MPT and Xenoblade. I verified that they weren't corrupt, and even re-ripped several times. It's happened to other people. It seems random though.

12. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Weird how that happens, I've only had that happen to one game, Burnout 2, it always locked up at the same part no matter how many times I tried. But I still don't really like using physical discs if I can just back up my own legal copies, but that's just me :P
    Much more convenient, as for the OP, I don't know what options he has, this one has me baffled.