Metroid: Other M

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Jamio88, Mar 1, 2011.

Mar 1, 2011

Metroid: Other M by Jamio88 at 4:36 AM (622 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Jamio88
    OP

Newcomer Jamio88 Advanced Member

United States
    Can someone please hook me up with a save file for Other M that is just at the first save point? I can't get past the intro video and after many attempts and many thrown controllers I am fed up.

If anyone can provide me with a save file for this I would greatly appreciate it

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    There's are bad dump where the game freeze at the opening scene (baby cry video).
    use another dump from another group :/

I recommend you to read the release topic, there were a lot of report about it.
    usa release topic
    pal release topic

There's also a topic for debugging these freezes (there's another possible freeze later in the game), started by Wiipower. you could read it too.

Edit :
    in your other topic you said you used a DVD5 rip, that could explain it too. do you have reports from other users using the same DVD5rip successfully ?
    If it's only you, then it could be a cIOS problem, else you should try loading the game from USB with a full DVD9 game, not a DVD5rip.

3. Jamio88
    OP

United States
    In the torrent I got it from everyone posted saying that it works fine.

My issue is that I do not currently have a HDD big enough to put it on there (I have two 4GB and a 2GB flash drive).

I used ModMii in order to update my Wii (Though it was hacked to begin with, I selected that my Wii was a virgin and did the 4.1 to 4.1 update).

Everything else seemed to go fine and my other discs and flash drive boots are working fine. I just can't seem to get these two Metroid's to boot.

I guess I will keep at it and if all else fails will just buy (ewww) the game.

4. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    the game ... or an external hard drive which will cost less than the game [​IMG]
    But buying the game is fine too for personal satisfaction of owning an original [​IMG]

5. Jamio88
    OP

United States
    yeah, I am torn between the two.

I want the external hard drive so that way I can get many games on it, however I also like having the actual games (they do look nice on the game rack).

I will most likely pick up the External first and then later down the line pick up the actual game.