OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
metroid-otherm-website-600x301.jpg

QUOTE said:
After much speculation, it seems Metroid: Other M will have a 2010 release date. According to recent news, it will be this summer for Japan. We have not heard anything yet about a more specific North American release date. There is not much more to the website, except for some music.

Check it out here.

http://www.wiinintendo.net/2010/01/29/metr...0-release-date/

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, I forgot about this game. And after doing some research, this isn't my favorite type of Metroid. I'm more used to the first-person view, and this is third. Might wait till more game play videos are released before I make a final choice.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Brian117 said:
Oh wow, I forgot about this game. And after doing some research, this isn't my favorite type of Metroid. I'm more used to the first-person view, and this is third. Might wait till more game play videos are released before I make a final choice.

2nded, I liked the third Metroid Prime on Wii for it's FPS controls.
Never liked the 2D Metroids as much as 3D Metroids.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link.

You know, I see the name "Other M" and I keep thinking, "Yeah, the "other" M, you know, 2D Metroid.....on the DS." I really wish they would get back to "the other M" already, because I don't see the Prime series as true Metroid games. They're just FPS games that happen to feature characters from Metroid. And I don't like FPS games, but I LOVED 2D Metroid.

...just a little ranting. Nevermind me.....

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Thanks for the link.

You know, I see the name "Other M" and I keep thinking, "Yeah, the "other" M, you know, 2D Metroid.....on the DS." I really wish they would get back to "the other M" already, because I don't see the Prime series as true Metroid games. They're just FPS games that happen to feature characters from Metroid. And I don't like FPS games, but I LOVED 2D Metroid.

...just a little ranting. Nevermind me.....

Couldn't agree more. I mean, I like FPS games, but I just thought the Metroid Prime games were pretty average. Compared to how well the 2-D games played, they just seem kinda a shame to Metroid.

Although apparently "Other M" will have both FPS view and 2-D sidescrolling view parts, at least that's what the trailer at E3 or something showed. At least give us a "Metroid Rebirth" game for WiiWare or something.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
for 2d Metroid

will we see a ds remake
of
Metroid:2 (the GB game)
and
Super Metroid

or
just combine them in one long game
you will lose your Metroid:2 upgrades, at the stating point of Super Metroid

or
a NEW 2d Metroid game of some kind

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Law said:
Master Mo said:
To say Metroid Prime is a FPS is just wrong...

Why? The game is in first person (Except for when in ball form), and you shoot people.

By definition, that is a first person shooter.

metroid prime hunters for ds is a first person shooter for sure,
but the metroid titles for gamecube and wii aren't just simple fps' but rather action adventures.
see the focus in fps is the action and to master the controls as good as possible to handle the foes

but in the metroid prime games the focus don't lie on these, especially because you can make use of the lock on feature, isn't it a faux pas for an fps because it distort your own skills?

loved the 2d metroid games (ecxepting metroid on nes, it was just too difficult, the mother brain stage is just unplayable) but the metroid prime series also, and i wouldn't blame ninty nor retro studios to have set the action into this form of view, these are great games,
also because the prime games were my first games in fp view, and after beating prime i tried other fps out which i wouldn't have before
can't wait until other m got released

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Law said:
Master Mo said:

Why? The game is in first person (Except for when in ball form), and you shoot people.

Is thief a first person shooter?

Personally I think it is a crime, that the DS haven`t got a 2D Metroid game yet...

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Master Mo said:
Law said:
Master Mo said:

Is thief a first person shooter?

Personally I think it is a crime, that the DS haven`t got a 2D Metroid game yet...
It's a first person adventure.... Not FPS aparently, well says Nintendo...

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Metroid Prime games on GC and Wii are First Person Adventures. Their main gameplay focus is not shooting but exploration, just like the 2D-Metroids aren't 2D-Shooting games like Contra.

Oh, and cannot wait for this. Hopefully this won't be action-oriented too much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb