Gaming Metroid Other M - The Deleter (spoilers)

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Was wondering too...
So it's James eh ?
Too bad you can't kill him or at least fight him
smile.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Taik said:
Was wondering too...
So it's James eh ?
Too bad you can't kill him or at least fight him
smile.gif

Fought him while he was in the huge robot something

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't get who the Deleter was. It's a gaping plot hole. They're just like "Oh, this guy was sent to kill everyone else". Yet we never find out who he is specifically and the only relevance he has is killing some of the other worthless characters. I was expecting him to be MB or something or a creature controlled by MB, not some random character.

Fuck this game has a terrible plot.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Imagine all time they spent on creating those CG scenes, now take that time and put them into making the game bigger, better, harder..

Now wouldnt that be something?
Oh well, guess i can´t complain since i got it for free.

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya I don't think it matters since there all dead! Except Anthony but it's obviously not him! Damn I hope there will b an enemy like Samus in the next game(s)!

D

Deleted_171835

dn_angel000 said:
Ya I don't think it matters since there all dead! Except Anthony but it's obviously not him! Damn I hope there will b an enemy like Samus in the next game(s)!
Anthony isn't dead.
wink.gif

It's probably James.

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dn_angel000 said:
It's funny because the game set after this one is Fusion, which had the SA-X. An exact replica of Samus
laugh.gif

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my suspicions that it was Adam's brother, not actually exploded. But you have to remember that Melissa had some telekinetic ability, so maybe she controlled a Metroid that was on "the Deleter." If that were the case, the Deleter could have been anybody that Melissa needed to control at that moment. Could have changed. Plus, remember this, the Deleter was nothing more than a theory from Samus that made sense to her. NOBODY confirmed this in dialog, especially not Adam.

Now, who was it that Samus found dead in the room she met Melissa to learn about Sector Zero? If this Deleter thing was true, then it could have been him and Melissa killed him before he could complete his mission. There isn't really a hole here. It just isn't important.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost 100 percent positive it was James. K.G is the only body not found - but remember, the deleter pushed a body into the lava; there's no way the GF would've found it. James was the last to be found dead, as well. It's more likely than not James who killed everyone else off and went to kill Melissa (or report, whatever you believe.)

Also, K.G is the only soldier not to have a sidearm on his left leg - every other character does. The body thrown into the lava didn't have a sidearm attached to the left leg. So it had to be K.G.

Edit
Copy + paste

QUOTE said:
As Other M progresses, it is revealed that the 07th Platoon came with an assassin to kill all witnesses, and destroy all evidence linking Bottle Ship to the Galactic Federation, including his own team. Samus refers to this assassin as the Deleter.

It is believed that James is the Deleter, supported by events throughout Other M. Supporting evidence is as follows:

* He is the first to arrive at the building overlooking the virtual training grounds of the Biosphere, and is seen doing something underneath the computer. When Maurice analyzes it, it is discovered the CPU "self destructed" and that they will need to reconstruct it. Later, the building explodes.
* As James moves towards the Bioweapon Research Center, he makes some effort to keep Samus from following him.
* James approaches MB only after Samus leaves, believing she no longer has any protection.
* He is the last member of the 07th Platoon to die (not including Anthony or Adam).
* They both have a faded "07" on their helmet.

His death immediately follows his second contact with MB in the Bioweapons Research Center. When the screen goes black, a gunshot is heard. His body is found with the visor destroyed, indicating death by face-trauma.

It was never actually confirmed who was the Deleter, as it was never officially said during the game course. However, all the evidence piles up to James as the subject assassin.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
My guess is, there was no deleter.

It was just MB killing them all and making them look like they killed each other (that first meeting part).
And the one in the armor is just a metroid or something.

or MB is secretly controlling one of them (maybe james)

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspected James from the beginning. I mean, just that face

James_Pierce.jpg

The face of a killer. But, KG was never shown dying, and the character bio's say he was never found. Possible he was the Deleter and got away before the Bottle Ship exploded. Anyway, it IS a big plothole.

harroxelas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Daizu said:
I suspected James from the beginning. I mean, just that face

James_Pierce.jpg

The face of a killer. But, KG was never shown dying, and the character bio's say he was never found. Possible he was the Deleter and got away before the Bottle Ship exploded. Anyway, it IS a big plothole.

There's a cutscene where the deleter kicks a body into the lava (NOT Anthony during Ridley battle). It was K.G's body probably.

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have the stupidest theory about what happened with KG

Ok, All the stuff the Federation found was shipped to the BSL in Fusion right? They might've found KGs dead body and shipped it there, where it got infected with the X and became the boss Yakuza. (the one you get spider jump from)
Evidence = KG Misawa and the name Yakuza are both Japanese.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s