WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Gnargle said:
You are stupid. Prime 2 was the best game on GC.
I agree, Prime 2 was the best part of the Prime series. I really enjoyed it.

And I agree that Team Ninja partially "killed" the franchise. I hope Retro Studios will be in charge for the next Metroid game.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gnargle said:
joybeba6679 said:
Kikaru said:
It looks like a game worth buying regardless.. I just think X-Play sucks lol.
I mean by the looks of things the only issue I can find right away is not being able to move in FPS mode.

Precisely this is what kept me away from prime, If I wanna play an FPS I play doom
You can't call someone stupid for having a different opinion on what games you like.
glare.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joybeba6679 said:
Kikaru said:
I mean by the looks of things the only issue I can find right away is not being able to move in FPS mode.

Precisely this is what kept me away from prime, If I wanna play an FPS I play doom, thats exactly why I like this game, cuz u can actually see samus while you play, for me thats a +.
First Person Adventure, not shooter. Its totally different to any FPS game.

If someone is gonna disregard something they don't know about then its their loss, the game was a wonderful experience.

D

Deleted_171835

29ayzk0.jpg
I got the game a few hours ago and would like to proclaim that it isn't as bad as everybody is saying. It might not be as good as the Prime games but I like it! It's pretty fun. I'm in the middle of Sector 1 and I'm liking what I see so far. The cut-scenes have been annoying for the most part. It makes the Galactic Federation seem sexist. The reason Samus does a thumb-down was really stupid. I chuckled a bit while watching the cut-scene. Samus seems so insecure. I take back everything I said about the control scheme. The control scheme works really well contrary to what some people said. I plan on writing a review for this game and I have a feeling that the review will be much more positive than Guild's review. :yaymetroid:

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Gnargle said:
joybeba6679 said:
Kikaru said:

Precisely this is what kept me away from prime, If I wanna play an FPS I play doom
You can't call someone stupid for having a different opinion on what games you like.
glare.gif
I can when the opinion of him is that 'if I want to play an FPS I play doom.'

He said himself he hasn't played it, he hasn't formed an opinion on it, he's just decided he doesn't like it because its in the same genre as another game. Seems pretty stupid to me.

heat6jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally like the game but don't think it is the masterpiece that the Prime trilogy was (especially the original). Biggest problems with the game is that it's too linear and the art direction seems to simple. Fire, ice, ship, outside. The textures are bland and the look of the game gets boring fast. Also the controls (not being able to move in FPS mode) are awkward.

I like the story driven plot and the boss fights. Sounds is great and the game is fun. I just wish the game was on a more grand scale, Everything seems small like your looking into a box. Perhaps this is because the Wii graphic capabilities or time constraints on making the game.

Still, a solid effort from a loved franchise which makes it even more fun to play.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gnargle said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Gnargle said:
joybeba6679 said:
Kikaru said:

glare.gif

He said himself he hasn't played it, he hasn't formed an opinion on it, he's just decided he doesn't like it because its in the same genre as another game. Seems pretty stupid to me.

Thats where you are wrong, I never said Ive never played prime games, I did tried to play them but for a real metroid fan, FPS is not metroid, real metroid is where you can see samus while you control her, not just a visor. Never call a person stupid and then add information to support your name calling, now thats really stupid.... Next time read the comment and try to discuss in an intelligent manner if you can...
rolleyes.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
joybeba6679 said:
...for a real metroid fan, FPS is not metroid, real metroid is where you can see samus while you control her, not just a visor...

There they go, touting themselves as "hardcore" or "real" or "die-hard" fans.

I was under the impression that all it took to be a fan of a game franchise was that you enjoyed it. Just because you don't like the Prime games doesn't make you any more of a Metroid fan than someone who does like the Prime games.
dry.gif

Honestly, I don't like being scornful, but things like that just grind my gears.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can grind your gears all you want, reality is that metroid wasnt fps when it first came out, neither it was when it went to gb, then to snes, and so on. I dont like FPS or fpa like someone wanted to say prime was. I like retro and metroid is all about retro, sure other M doesnt have a lot of retro in it, but at least you can see samus while you play and not a visor all times...

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Heiopeio said:
i think you´re the only one who liked f-zero gx.... its horrible
Stopped reading thread there.

Get out. Just get out. If you didn't like GX, think Starfox is ruined, and are now complaining about what could possibly be one of the best games of the year, you have no right to call yourself a Nintendo gamer.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
joybeba6679 said:
You can grind your gears all you want, reality is that metroid wasnt fps when it first came out, neither it was when it went to gb, then to snes, and so on. I dont like FPS or fpa like someone wanted to say prime was. I like retro and metroid is all about retro, sure other M doesnt have a lot of retro in it, but at least you can see samus while you play and not a visor all times...

Well, that's like saying that "real Mario fans" are supposed to only like the older side-scrollers. While they're good, the newer, 3D platformers are excellent as well for what they are, and refusing to play them just because they're different is just silly.
frown.gif

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
joybeba6679 said:
Thats where you are wrong, I never said Ive never played prime games, I did tried to play them but for a real metroid fan, FPS is not metroid, real metroid is where you can see samus while you control her, not just a visor. Never call a person stupid and then add information to support your name calling, now thats really stupid.... Next time read the comment and try to discuss in an intelligent manner if you can...
rolleyes.gif
Not sure if troll, or if you are just really really stupid.
OK, so maybe you didn't like the Prime games. However, saying that 'for a real metroid fan, FPS is not metroid,' shows you to be completely ignorant and consider your view as a fanboy is shared by everyone else. It isn't. Pretty much everyone loved the Prime series, many considering it to be superior to the original 2D Metroids.
Similarly, you say you stopped playing because of that. This suggests to me that you didn't play Prime past the opening level - in fact, probably not even to the end of that. You knew your opinion of the game before you played it, not giving it a chance to surprise you.

They, then, are my reasons for calling you monumentally stupid.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gnargle said:

Your right, he didn't form an opinion on the game, but then again he didn't say he has.

QUOTE(joybeba6679 @ Aug 31 2010, 08:44 PM) Precisely this is what kept me away from prime, If I wanna play an FPS I play doom

He's being arrogant and ignorant, but you can't just outright call him stupid for that.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm loving the game so far, maybe you are just to old to like changes in something that has been around for more than 20 years, I never played the NES version, but I did the SNES version and OOOHH MY GOSH...!! it is great, after playing this one, I felt like I have to play CORRUPTION, this time as fps, but I like those games, so even better, now is kind of going back to the SNES version but with more features like the dodge, the first person for missiles and the killing strike, this game is great...!!

P.S. only for young minds that DO like changes...!!

jorgebus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I've finished the game a few hours ago, the cg is pretty great, cut-scenes are pretty blended with ingame ones, the plot has some holes in it, but they are game designers, not film makers. Though the sexist galactic federation and thumb down part sucked balls.
The playability is pretty good, I didn't have any problem with the controls. Loved every boss fight, my heart beated rapidly when fighting Ridley.

The maps are very linear, so there's little to no replay value in this one, in my opinion, and that's pretty sad for a metroid game.
And that's about it.

I won't compare it to any other game on the franchise, those are different games.
But it wraps up the gap between Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion and that's pretty good.

That's my two cents.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: