ROM Hack Metroid: Other M Redux (Based on Maxximum Edition)

ScaryHobbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that's really interesting!
I never thought of checking the audio sizes before and after editing.
For dm63Bto64, I think it's fine to leave the original/vanilla audio file (alongside the Japanese track in it too), since all I did for that one was simply change Samus' suit colours. Most likely dm46to49 has a similar issue, so I think it'd be better that I try to redo all of them with properly sized audio.
Btw, do you happen to have the dm63Bto64.sfd file with my edited video and the fixed audio you did to include it as the final SFD for it?
(Does your fix also help fix the credits and missing text that come after this one?)

I can try to link a zip of the file, plus the extra files made as part of the job so you can play around with them. I've labeled them the best I could.
Unfortunately, while it fixes the credits from playing at double speed, the text is still broken right now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgdn39b6hgw3vo6/dm63Bto64MOMr.zip?dl=0

Also, if you don't mind, would you explain to me precisely what you're doing to properly extract the video and audios of each file and how you're muxing them back?

I used 4K Video Downloader (https://www.4kdownload.com/products/videodownloader/18) to rip both an mp4 and an mp3 of your video straight from YouTube - using the highest selectable setting.
I then converted the mp4 into an mpeg with ffmpeg using the included bat file in the folder, and I converted the mp3 to an adx using PES Sound File Converter.

And more precisely, how to edit the audio files so they properly work in this instance (since I'm removing certain sentences and other stuff from them).
This so I can more or less stream-line the process and add this as a new way of editing SFD files in the OP (and most likely the recommended method too).

To be honest, I actually didn't edit the audio files themselves besides converting them between different formats as listed above.
In fact, I made an error in my past post because I played it separately by ear and thought for a second that Samus's line was changed between your video and vanilla MOM, but they are actually the exact same in both. Sorry about that!
So even more reason to just stick with the vanilla audio files.

It looks like when you exported the video after you changed Samus' color, it somehow caused the audio portion to get bloated in size - far bigger than it's supposed to be.
I don't know about a streamlined process, but for the select cases that have this issue there are probably a few ways you could go about fixing it. There's probably some export options in Shotcut where you can manually tweak the audio compression.

Thank you for your help, it has been incredible and is surely helping a lot to narrow down the SFD playback issues.

You're welcome! With the original Maxximum Edition author MIA, it feels like we're feeling our way through documenting how exactly this game works!

Last edited by ScaryHobbit,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can try to link a zip of the file, plus the extra files made as part of the job so you can play around with them. I've labeled them the best I could.
Unfortunately, while it fixes the credits from playing at double speed, the text is still broken right now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgdn39b6hgw3vo6/dm63Bto64MOMr.zip?dl=0

Thanks! I'll check these out.

I used 4K Video Downloader (https://www.4kdownload.com/products/videodownloader/18) to rip both an mp4 and an mp3 of your video straight from YouTube - using the highest selectable setting.
I then converted the mp4 into an mpeg with ffmpeg using the included bat file in the folder, and I converted the mp3 to an adx using PES Sound File Converter.

Oh you downloaded the MP4's from my YouTube playlist? I think that's gonna cause some compression issues with the video.
That's why I mentioned the link in the OP, that one has both my final SFD files and also the original MPGs I used for the SFD muxing :P
You should be able to access both the "movies" folder and the "MPGs" folder here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z8bqu12b3fe0prd/AABROeNsIek28jzKkYXtQH6Pa?dl=0

To be honest, I actually didn't edit the audio files themselves besides converting them between different formats as listed above.
In fact, I made an error in my past post because I played it separately by ear and thought for a second that Samus's line was changed between your video and vanilla MOM, but they are actually the exact same in both. Sorry about that!
So even more reason to just stick with the vanilla audio files.

It looks like when you exported the video after you changed Samus' color, it somehow caused the audio portion to get bloated in size - far bigger than it's supposed to be.
I don't know about a streamlined process, but for the select cases that have this issue there are probably a few ways you could go about fixing it. There's probably some export options in Shotcut where you can manually tweak the audio compression.

Ah that's fine. Don't worry about it.
As a side question, do you happen to know if the ADX files use WAV or MP3 as their source?
Perhaps one thing to note here is the bitrate quality of the audio in which I exported them, I believe I exported their audio as 192 kb/s with a sample rate of 44100 Hz.
Using VLC for the original ADX playback, it shows 32000 Hz as sample rate, but the bitrate I'm not sure, maybe they could be using 128 kb/s? Which could explain the bump in size of the final audio tracks. They also show bits per sample as 16 for the originals, while my SFDs with my audio show 32 for those.
That's certainly something that could be worth checking, as this could be the exact culprit of the problem.

A simple way to test this, would be to extract the ADX files from the original SFDs, and play around with ffmpeg's conversions with this command:

Code:
ffmpeg -i [input audio].adx -ar XXXXX -b:a XXXk [output].mp3
Where the first XXXXX is the sample rate (32000 or 44100) and the second XXX is the bitrate of the audio (96 / 128 /192, don't forget the 'k' at the end of it).
Simply using
Code:
ffmpeg -i [input audio].adx [output audio].mp3
seems to give out a bitrate of 96kb/s with sample rate of 32000. The sizes I'm getting out of the mp3 don't seem to relate at all with those from the ADX, and the WAV export is just too big to properly have it as a base.

We could also play around with this:
https://github.com/OSA413/FFmpeg-based-ADX-converter
Maybe this gives a good result for MP3/WAV to ADX conversions?
I did a quick test with a default (ffmpeg with no arguments other than input file) MP3 file directly converted from an original ADX back to ADX with this script, and it gave an ADX with almost the same size as the original (20'056'770 bytes of the original ADX VS 20'056'518 of the script ADX) The script ADX being 252 bytes smaller.
It might be worth checking out.

Aside from that, I managed to de-multiplex the original vanilla ADX files from the original SFD using TMPGEnc yet again, but this time I used my modified video as the source for the MPG, this is the result:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwtcm3sfgat2026/dm63Bto64.sfd?dl=0

Would you please test this SFD out to see if the weird pause during the beginning is still happening?
And if the credits/text thing is also there or if it was fixed somehow.

You're welcome! With the original Maxximum Edition author MIA, it feels like we're feeling our way through documenting how exactly this game works!

I managed to find his contact on Discord ( JKMaxx#8198 ). I did send him a message way back in March 25th, 2022, but I'm not sure if he doesn't get online as often or if he simply dismissed my message altogether, since he didn't respond back to me.
His help would certainly narrow down all the little bugs we're having with his experience with Maxximum Edition, but oh well, we are documenting it all properly this time :P

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

ScaryHobbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from that, I managed to de-multiplex the original vanilla ADX files from the original SFD using TMPGEnc yet again, but this time I used my modified video as the source for the MPG, this is the result:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwtcm3sfgat2026/dm63Bto64.sfd?dl=0

Would you please test this SFD out to see if the weird pause during the beginning is still happening?
And if the credits/text thing is also there or if it was fixed somehow.
When I played both versions of the SFD - the audio was mute, it froze in the beginning again, and then it gave up and just skipped right to the credits. :wtf:
The file size of both was the exact same, oddly enough. So maybe there was a mistake in uploading it to Dropbox.

I can't demux any edited SFD's either, as both TMPGEnc and VGMToolbox - which I was checking out just for this - throw up errors saying the modified SFD's have illegal MPEG system streams. I can only demux the vanilla SFD's.
So the only way to really find out right now unfortunately is to compress the audio beforehand - as many times as you need - and see what sticks and what breaks.

I suppose it would also help to know which version of Dolphin we are using - in case that is an issue.
Mine is 5.0 - 15993.

As a side question, do you happen to know if the ADX files use WAV or MP3 as their source?
In my earliest experiments - when I tried to mux in audio using WAV, the audio was all static when played in-game. So the source is likely MP3.

Also, I tested your copy of dm46to49. It plays at half speed the same way on mine.

Last edited by ScaryHobbit,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When I played both versions of the SFD - the audio was mute, it froze in the beginning again, and then it gave up and just skipped right to the credits. :wtf:
The file size of both was the exact same, oddly enough. So maybe there was a mistake in uploading it to Dropbox.

I can't demux any edited SFD's either, as both TMPGEnc and VGMToolbox - which I was checking out just for this - throw up errors saying the modified SFD's have illegal MPEG system streams. I can only demux the vanilla SFD's.
So the only way to really find out right now unfortunately is to compress the audio beforehand - as many times as you need - and see what sticks and what breaks.

I suppose it would also help to know which version of Dolphin we are using - in case that is an issue.
Mine is 5.0 - 15993.

In my earliest experiments - when I tried to mux in audio using WAV, the audio was all static when played in-game. So the source is likely MP3.

Also, I tested your copy of dm46to49. It plays at half speed the same way on mine.

Just tried it out, and yeah, you're right, the video seems to play fine at the very beginning, but after a second or so it freezes with no audio for a while, before resuming.
Interesting results for sure. Maybe making the SFDs again from scratch by grabbing the video from the MPGs and extracting the audio from the final SFDs inside the "movies" folder (and editing/compressing them to be lower in size than the original's) could help give good results.
You said both the old bak SFD and the new one are the exact same size? I think the old one was aroudn 277MB while the new one should be 281MB.

I was able to demux my SFD with TMPGEnc just fine, not sure what the issue was on your end, or perhaps I missed an error output somewhere and maybe that's why the new SFD is failing.
For additional info, I'm using Dolphin 5.0 - 15445, which should be a version that allows for Riivolution patches to be applied.
On another computer I'm using a compiled version of Dolphin from source on Linux, so it also allows for Riivolution loading.
Both versions yield the same results on the SFD files, so it has to be a problem with those indeed.

So we are safe to say that we should continue testing by using MP3 for audio and M1V/MPG for video.
dm46to49 is one I haven't gotten around to testing, but I shall have an idea now on what to look and/or what to start modifying to search for different results when loading in-game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
I found the issue on my side to replicate your exact result.
Turns out that I was using a manually compiled sfdmux binary for Linux on my end, and for some reason that one turns out to be faulty.
If I download the EXE from the Releases page, and ran that one through Wine on Linux, and indeed, using that one to mux the files on my end yields the same result as you.
The credits texts are the only things not appearing, but at least I can now replicate what you're having.

Also, I did another test.
I tried converting the MP4 to MPG through the method recommended by Albert from re4HD, and with that ffmpeg command, I get a 200~MB MPG file.
If I mux that file with the ADX files, the SFD file does appear to playback fine, up to the point where Samus is flying through the cosmos in her ship, and all of the sudden, it jumped right to the "Project M" cutscene.
So, it might seem that the size of the video might also be at play here, or at least if the SFD file has another that plays afterwards.
I think if I screw around with the dm63Bto64 video file to make it almost the same size as the original, I could probably fix the issue with the next cutscene playing back.

Most likely something similar is happening with dm08_01, and dm46to49 could be another issue of the audio files being screwed up in size for fixing them.
I'll attempt some tests if the weekend allows it, but so far this all seems like great progress!

EDIT #2:
I found the issue with dm46to49
It was the sample rate of the audio track I edited (well that and possibly the bitrate too)
I extracted the ADX file from it, and found out the MP3 had 44100 Hz with a bitrate of 128kb/s
I used ffmpeg with the command I posted earlier to modify its bitrate and sample rate back to 32000 + 96kb/s, and guess what?

It gave almost the EXACT same size as the original audio, off by just one more byte in size!
I went ahead and used your ffmpeg command to obtain the MPG out of the original SFD for this one, and then used my newly edited ADX file alongside the Japanese audio track that was missing, muxed them together with the sfdmux.exe file, and voila! Playback is now fullspeed and without any considerable issues!
I just uploaded both the dm63Bto64 and dm46to49 SFDs to the DropBox link if you want to check them out.

That's one less cutscene to worry about, now only dm08_01 and dm63Bto64 remain to be fixed properly, so their subsequent cutscenes play fine as well.
I'll also most likely go back to all the other SFDs and redo them with the proper sample rate and bitrate for their ADX, and export their video file with the ffmpeg command you shared, to avoid any further inconsistencies or bugs.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: ScaryHobbit

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think I managed to fix both dm08_01 and dm63Bto64 from screwing with their subsequent cutscenes!
I dumped the video file as .m1v and the audio tracks as .wav, then used the "Sega Dreamcast Movie Creator" software that's in the recommended method of conversion listed here, and once I muxed the files with that software and played them back, the cutscenes that follow dm08_01 and dm63Bto64 played without issues, even the credits' text showed up smoothly and without issue!

Even better, the final SFD files around half the size of the original SFDs, so that's a nice side bonus!

However, there is one caveat to all of this...
Sega Dreamcast Movie Creator only allows muxing of one video (m1v) and one audio (wav) file, you can't mux two audio files into a single SFD.
This means that all the SFD files created with this won't have the Japanese audio track, while all the others do.

Is there a way to force the muxing of an audio file into an already existing SFD file?
That's the only way I can think of putting back the Japanese audio track for those 2 sfds.
All the other SFD files that were created with the current sfdmux method with mpgs+2 adx files work without issues in-game since they don't have a direct cutscene that plays right after, unlike dm08_01 and dm63Bto64.

Reactions: ScaryHobbit

Felold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, you're a godsend. When I discovered the "Maxximum edition" I was thrilled that someone had fixed the game.
Only to discover later that he had done a poor job fixing It.

Especially with the music, changing the tracks in an arbitrary manner, inserting BGMs that don't merge with the gameplay and don't carry the game's tone and atmosphere.

And also his dubbing sounded amateurish and out of place.

I was already in disbelief that someone would appear and trully fix the game, and there you are!
You're addressing all my complains from his version and I'm excited to see where the game goes from there.

With your corrections I think we will finally have a definitive version of Other M.

Last edited by Felold,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Man, you're a godsend. When I discovered the "Maxximum edition" I was thrilled that someone had fixed the game.
Only to discover later that he had done a poor job fixing It.

Especially with the music, changing the tracks in an arbitrary manner, inserting BGMs that don't merge with the gameplay and don't carry the game's tone and atmosphere.

And also his dubbing sounded amateurish and out of place.

I was already in disbelief that someone would appear and trully fix the game, and there you are!
You're addressing all my complains from his version and I'm excited to see where the game goes from there.

With your corrections I think we will finally have a definitive version of Other M.

I'm really happy and honoured that you feel that way about the project :D
Indeed, I felt something similar when I found out about Maxximum Edition, and thought some of the editing left much to be desired.
I'm not an expert by any means, but I wanted to put my noob knowledge at work to attempt this, and it came out quite well.

The rest of the changes I also opted to modify or remove depending on how I saw fit, and with Gecko Loader I can even put the 3rd Person Missiles hack patched into the game instead of loading it as cheat code (I could probably even modify the timings for so it can used faster instead of taking such long time).

All the cutscenes are now done and can be used already, and the only remaining things are:
1. Custom Power Suit in-game model based on the unused cutscenes model.
2. Find a way to properly put back the Japanese ADX tracks into dm08_01, dm43to49 and dm63B cutscenes (probably finding the original SFD software they used for Wii games could do it?)
3. Fix subtitles to load properly for the Redone Ridley and Sector Zero cutscenes.

Thanks for the kind words for the project! :D

Felold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
One question, do you have any idea on how to implement classic controller support into the game? I think this would be great! Some people have done it before with cheat codes for games like DKCR and NSMB.

It's too bad that they didn't have implemented those controls from the start.

"I found a reddit post that talks about what exactly the codes do (at least in Donkey Kong Country Returns[DKCR]): I pasted it below.

You're looking for something called button activators. Basically, a button activator is 4 digits within a code sequence, that does exactly what it says, it activates the button.

Here is the list of classic controller button activators:

Classic Controller Button Activator = 28200F0A 0000XXXX.
XXXX Values:
0001: Up DPAD.
0002: Left DPAD.
4000: Down DPAD.
8000: Right DPAD.
1000: Minus (Select)
0800: Home.
0400: Plus (Start)
0008: X.
0020: Y.
0040: B.
0010: A.
2000: L.
0080: ZL.
0200: R.
0004: ZR.

In your code, in the line that says "R" button, it ends in "0200". If you refer to the list above, "0200" is the code for R. So if instead you wanted to use X, you would change 0200 and make it 0008. If you wanted to make it "B" you would replace it with "0040".

Super simple stuff, but it can be confusing if you dont know what it all means."

This is from another thread here in gbatemp called "Which games have Classic Controller hacks?".

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One question, do you have any idea on how to implement classic controller support into the game? I think this would be great! Some people have done it before with cheat codes for games like DKCR and NSMB.
I suspect this will be a more complicated modification that you think.
IIRC there are bits of the game that need you to go into first-person view to look for things (not just to fire missiles) with the IR pointer. So you would still need to use the Wiimote sometimes. Unless you wanted to use Fakemote, the custom IOS that lets you use USB controllers instead of Wiimotes, with the DS4 touchpad simulating the pointer.

Felold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I know It can be hard af, but since people have done It in the past for NSMB, DKCR, KRTD and Rune Factory It's not impossible.
What I can't find in any place is the original creators of these codes, their help in projects like this would be awesome.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think the Wiimote -> Classic Controller coding could potentially work, if it weren't for the IR pointing for the 1st Person sections.
Everything else can be easily mapped to a specific button command in a Classic Controller, but the switching to 1st person and aiming with it is what makes Other M kinda hard to properly set up in an emulator.

Felold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If the Wii Remote still functions in game (like mirrored controllers) It would be fine.

Since you would have to pick the wiimote only for the point and click sections.
The possible trouble is If the CC code messes up with the remote in game, in that case, yeah. It won't work.

Felold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, another question. If you want to change one or two tracks, is It only a matter of converting the music to aix and then put It back in the folder with the right name?

Because I was thinking, as I said previously I didn't like the picks from Maxximum, but I also don't like the weak soundtrack of Other M, some of the "music" are almost nonexistent... Like these two sector themes.

And this helicopter fighting theme:

As a composer, I believe I can put some work on the bgms from the game and bring more to them, making enhanced versions.
If Its a simple drag and drop I will make this for myself, but I also can publish the folder on the internet. Maybe It can be an optional patch for your version.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Man, another question. If you want to change one or two tracks, is It only a matter of converting the music to aix and then put It back in the folder with the right name?

Because I was thinking, as I said previously I didn't like the picks from Maxximum, but I also don't like the weak soundtrack of Other M, some of the "music" are almost nonexistent... Like these two sector themes.

And this helicopter fighting theme:

As a composer, I believe I can put some work on the bgms from the game and bring more to them, making enhanced versions.
If Its a simple drag and drop I will make this for myself, but I also can publish the folder on the internet. Maybe It can be an optional patch for your version.

If you want your own custom music/bgm, sure, it's as easy as converting the MP3/WAV you have or that you made, and convert them into AIX.
Then simply replace the corresponding track from inside "sound" and that should do it.
You can listen to the AIX files through VLC without issues, I believe ADX can be played in it too.

Reactions: Felold

ScatlinkSean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm really happy and honoured that you feel that way about the project :D
Indeed, I felt something similar when I found out about Maxximum Edition, and thought some of the editing left much to be desired.
I'm not an expert by any means, but I wanted to put my noob knowledge at work to attempt this, and it came out quite well.

The rest of the changes I also opted to modify or remove depending on how I saw fit, and with Gecko Loader I can even put the 3rd Person Missiles hack patched into the game instead of loading it as cheat code (I could probably even modify the timings for so it can used faster instead of taking such long time).

All the cutscenes are now done and can be used already, and the only remaining things are:
1. Custom Power Suit in-game model based on the unused cutscenes model.
2. Find a way to properly put back the Japanese ADX tracks into dm08_01, dm43to49 and dm63B cutscenes (probably finding the original SFD software they used for Wii games could do it?)
3. Fix subtitles to load properly for the Redone Ridley and Sector Zero cutscenes.

Thanks for the kind words for the project! :D
Hello, ScatlinkSean here. I did a (admittedly bad) walkthrough on Metroid Other M years ago and I wanted to use the Maxximum Edition MOD for my redo on the project. However when I couldn't find it, your project came up (Maxximum Edition Redux) and I've been following this since the start of the year. I've even experimented editing cutscenes in Premiere Pro then converting them with the Dreamcast Converter which works, but I kept the video length the same since I don't know much code and I didn't want to break things.

I know it's as simple as replacing files, like your finished models and cutscenes; but if I wasn't bothered with the Custom Power Suit model (so it matches the cutscenes like before) and Japanese Audio, is this basically finished?

Also, I made some text-to-voice sounds for when abilities "repair and re-activate" if you'd like those?

MogaMomoga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I am unable to help with any of this and I only made an account to say THANK YOU. I cannot wait for this to be fully released when you guys finish. You have no idea what all the work you all are putting here means for me. I wish I could help, I wish I knew modding but I do not and I am a full time college student with a part time job and I don't even have the time to start learning right now. I know a lot of people hate this game, but it is my favorite game ever, yeah the pacing is shit, the controllers are not the best, the story does not make sense in places and then the whole point with the little girl scene with Ridley... But this game taught me so much about myself and that as strong as we are we are still human and have our weaknesses but that does not mean we can't overcome them. Again, thank you.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, ScatlinkSean here. I did a (admittedly bad) walkthrough on Metroid Other M years ago and I wanted to use the Maxximum Edition MOD for my redo on the project. However when I couldn't find it, your project came up (Maxximum Edition Redux) and I've been following this since the start of the year. I've even experimented editing cutscenes in Premiere Pro then converting them with the Dreamcast Converter which works, but I kept the video length the same since I don't know much code and I didn't want to break things.

I know it's as simple as replacing files, like your finished models and cutscenes; but if I wasn't bothered with the Custom Power Suit model (so it matches the cutscenes like before) and Japanese Audio, is this basically finished?

Also, I made some text-to-voice sounds for when abilities "repair and re-activate" if you'd like those?

Yeah you can basically edit the files yourself in either Audacity, Shotcut, or any other audio/video editing software, and then convert them properly with Dreamcast Converter for the best compatibility, and that's it.

If you don't care about the custom Power Suit model and the Japanese audio tracks missing from 3 cutscenes, the hack is pretty much finished, just don't forget to patch the main.dol file of Other M with the Gecko Code with Gecko Loader from here:
https://github.com/JoshuaMKW/GeckoLoader

With that, you should be able to play with the 3rd person missiles without requiring any kind of cheat codes (if you do want that patched in of course, if not, simply ignore it).

Ok I am unable to help with any of this and I only made an account to say THANK YOU. I cannot wait for this to be fully released when you guys finish. You have no idea what all the work you all are putting here means for me. I wish I could help, I wish I knew modding but I do not and I am a full time college student with a part time job and I don't even have the time to start learning right now. I know a lot of people hate this game, but it is my favorite game ever, yeah the pacing is shit, the controllers are not the best, the story does not make sense in places and then the whole point with the little girl scene with Ridley... But this game taught me so much about myself and that as strong as we are we are still human and have our weaknesses but that does not mean we can't overcome them. Again, thank you.

Glad you find this fulfills your needs about Other M. I tried my best to cover what I thought were the most intrusive things about Other M in a more conservative way than what Maxximum did, and hopefully this gets carried along properly for others to enjoy.

ScatlinkSean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ShadowOne333; I have tried using my rendering settings that worked earlier this year to make SFD cutscene files in the Dreamcast Movie Creator, but I keep getting this "Mulitplexing" error I've never seen until now, and I cannot find ANY information on what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it. Can you help?

Is it my files or their compression method? The length (which is unchanged)? The bitrate or frame rate? I literally have no idea.
This is the opening cutscene; all I did was put in a voice that sounds like the Metroid Prime Suit AI voice for when it describes what the Hyper Beam did.

Attachments

• DFC Multiplexing error.PNG
    DFC Multiplexing error.PNG
    28.5 KB · Views: 35

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ShadowOne333; I have tried using my rendering settings that worked earlier this year to make SFD cutscene files in the Dreamcast Movie Creator, but I keep getting this "Mulitplexing" error I've never seen until now, and I cannot find ANY information on what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it. Can you help?

Is it my files or their compression method? The length (which is unchanged)? The bitrate or frame rate? I literally have no idea.
This is the opening cutscene; all I did was put in a voice that sounds like the Metroid Prime Suit AI voice for when it describes what the Hyper Beam did.

Try using MPEG for the video file, I think that might be the issue, I don't recall ever using AVI at any point, only MP4 and MPEG.
I suggest going for m1v or mpeg1 for the video. Let me know if that worked.
Also, careful with the bitrate too. I suggest you open the SFD directly into VLC and check the media information for bitrate and other data that might be helpful for the conversion for MPEG, then try using the same when exporting the MPEG, and make sure it's audio-less.

ScatlinkSean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try using MPEG for the video file, I think that might be the issue, I don't recall ever using AVI at any point, only MP4 and MPEG.
I suggest going for m1v or mpeg1 for the video. Let me know if that worked.
Also, careful with the bitrate too. I suggest you open the SFD directly into VLC and check the media information for bitrate and other data that might be helpful for the conversion for MPEG, then try using the same when exporting the MPEG, and make sure it's audio-less.
Strange; I just checked both my .wav and .avi files and they're the same as my previous converted videos with the Dreamcast Film Creator from earlier in the year, yet they don't work.

I'll try saving them as .mp4 with no sound and keep the .wav files; see if I have any luck.

Is there any particular codec of .mp4 that plays nice with the converter? It's hard to figure out what's good or what bitrate the source videos should be for the .sfd

Last edited by ScatlinkSean,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr