Hacking Metroid: Other M freeze(possible spoilers)

stegalt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure if this is where it goes if it isn't kindly move it to the right place please, thank you.

So I got metroid other M last night and have been playing it since I woke up. I got to the point where I learned about the metroids and MB(Funny how the chicks initials are MB) and when samus leaves the room telling her to stay there until she returns. The deleter(I assume) starts walking down the ramp and it freezes right there on his feet.

I just installed cIOSX rev20(It was freezeing before so I tried updateing my cIOS hopeing that would fix it, it didn't) and I am using configurable USB loader(Can't get usb Loader GX to run it). When I was installing cIOSX rev20 I left all the installation options on there default, to answer which IOS and stuff I installed it and whatnot.

Downloaded SOS's release(If that matters), I would have just posted the link I got it from but if I remember correctly that would be bad hehe

Help please it kinda pisses me off that it freezes at such an intresting spot! UGH!

stegalt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS57 v5918(this is what it says in the installer)

Like I said I didn't change any of the settings when I was installing the cIOS. Though I guess unless you know what the default settings were it would be pointless to say that, heh.

EDIT: Should probably mention that I am running version 4.2 on my NA wii.

EDIT2: I read in some places that this game(other M) wants you to patch to 4.3 to play it. My wii being 4.2 I was wondering if maybe that has something to do with it freezeing?

stegalt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Useing Configerable usbloader. Selected the game and hit '1' to go to the games options. Where it says 'IOS:' it says 249. I have also tried 222-mload and 223-mload. When I tried 222-mload I also tuend on "anti 002 fix" which is normally off. It froze in every case
frown.gif

Hopefully I answered your question heh. I am downloading the wiitard release right now though I just read that its half the size cause it is missing half the game.

Hiro77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
You could try deleting the update partition from the iso with WiiScubber (if you haven't already),
before installing the game on HD!

It froze for me too (on another sequence, though),
then I reinstalled the game with WBFS manager after having deleted that partition with WiiScrubber, et voilà!

hope it helps!!
wink.gif

gerry1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what v neogamma how did u load rev20 base 56 i tried load 249 pick 56 then 249 is that right cause it still frezzes at baby cry and all i can do is point at screen and look around

Spike_UK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nforce.nl
XP
Country
Bit of the thread necro, but mine freezes during loading at around the same point too.

Mine is just a little bit afterwards. I'm following this military bloke through the ship. I get through all the upside down gravity and the heavy gravity bits. Then I reached a N point where it gives me my next waypoint where it locks up while loading the map.

I restarted the Wii and loaded up again only to find my save game also locks up while saving. It shows me a load of text letting me know where I got too. Before it even finished the text on the screen I hear the music stop....a clear sign it's stopped loading.

I'm not too sure what my cIOS are like, I'm new to all this.
I've got the Homebrew Channel sorted and used Pimp My Wii to update everything.

I'm then using USB Loader GX to run Metroid from USB (selecting 222 from the setting, which I read elsewhere would make it work).

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it got to be your .iso, I used cIOS20 with 38 as base, and already finish the game, although at the last parts of the game, sometimes it gave me a couple of slowdowns while appear at the bottom right of the screen "NOW LOADING"

Spike_UK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nforce.nl
XP
Country
I've tried a few other things and I still lock up when I load my save game.

I've updated everything just to be sure. I'm now certainly using the latest Hermes and CIOS Rev20b.

It can only be either a corrupt save, bad ISO or I've cocked up something (which is quiet likely).

It's odd though as it played perfectly up until that point. I never had the Baby's Cry lockup.

E30Nova

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
it got to be your .iso

This.

I got to around Nightmare and suddenly it froze on me every time I loaded a save and opened a door. I just deleted the game from my usb hard drive, unrar'd it again on my pc, transferred it over and bam, fixed. Beat the game and got 100% after that.

Spike_UK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nforce.nl
XP
Country
E30Nova said:
ether2802 said:
it got to be your .iso

This.

I got to around Nightmare and suddenly it froze on me every time I loaded a save and opened a door. I just deleted the game from my usb hard drive, unrar'd it again on my pc, transferred it over and bam, fixed. Beat the game and got 100% after that.

OMG!

I love you! I cleared the ISO off the HDD then recopied it with WBFS and it's just loaded my save game!! YAY!

Thank you!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back