Metroid Hunters, other shooters

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by LagunaCid, May 27, 2008.

May 27, 2008
  1. LagunaCid
    OP

Member LagunaCid GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Okay, so I was playing Metroid Hunters on my (brother's) DS Lite, and holy effing crap.
    I don't know if its just me, but isn't it /extremely/ unconfortable to use the D-Pad while pressing L while using the stylus? I played it for 10 minutes and my left hand hurts. Is it just because I am really unused to handhelds (my last one was a GBC and a GB Pocket, go me), or its just... that way? Or am I doing it wrong?
    In a related note, is the old DS more "confortable" than DS lite?

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    It feels uncomfortable because you're holding up the DS with one hand only, and you're also using that hand to press buttons.
    Technically, the Lite should feel more comfortable since it's lighter.

Try setting the DS on your knee or on top of your brother's head? [​IMG]

3. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    i find the lite slightly more comfortable.

with 1st person shooters on the DS, make sure you have a "support" for your DS(a table or knee will do fine)

the pain in your hand is normal, but it usually only comes when playing more then 1 hour straight.

4. dawn.wan

Member dawn.wan GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    those controls are now for ds fps... i got man hands i am able to rest the ds on my palm on the right hand and just use finger extension for aim... playing brother in barm multi on a speeding car really helps fine tune the skills... too bad i camr across too many hackers for my liking on wfc pubbies.. =/

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    We all get Prime cramp with games that require the use of the touchscreen as well as D-Pad. The thumbstrap that came with the first DS model helped a lot, shame I can't find mine.

They do sell them in packs though.

6. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    my problem with playing mph was when in the car i would always double tap accidentally when going over a bump and jumping to somewhere i didn't want to be.

7. FreshSoul

Member FreshSoul GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I feel your pain man... trust me I do.. I stopped playing the game because of that and partly because it wasn't all that great.

8. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    Just change the button type, and use the A,B,X,Y along with the D-pad its similar to the camera angles when using analog sticks , (D-pad for moving up down left right and the buttons for moving the camera around) thats what I use with a phat DS and its pretty comfortable.