Metroid Dread LEAKED, Twitch LEAKED, Sora In Smash, Resident Evil & more - Tempcast #60

tempcast-169-logo-png.246523
On this week's disorganized episode, the crew talks about the major Twitch hack that happened this week, and touches on the Facebook outage while discussing a new program that allows you to disconnect your Quest 2 headset from your Facebook and Oculus accounts. Also, resident Metroid fan AlanJohn gives his thoughts on Metroid Dread and resident Kingdom Hearts fan Ericzander lectures us on the KH timeline and the implications brought on by Sora's inclusion in Smash Bros. Finally, we quickly touch on some other news of the week, like the GTA Trilogy remaster finally getting announced, the trailer for the new Resident Evil movie, and the Rape of Nanjing.

Theme by VinsCool and AlanJohn​

Also available on:
:arrow: Spotify
:arrow: Apple Podcasts
:arrow: Google Podcasts
:arrow: Breaker
:arrow: RadioPublic
:arrow: PocketCasts
:arrow: Anchor.fm
:arrow: Overcast
:arrow: Direct MP3 Download

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think it's rather amusing that Hasan Piker is all pro Antifa, Eat the Rich, Super Progressive on his Twitch stream, and all the while's been pocketing $200,000 a month in Amazon salary for it. Sometimes these data leaks and hackings unveil the damnedest truths.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think it's rather amusing that Hasan Piker is all pro Antifa, Eat the Rich, Super Progressive on his Twitch stream, and all the while's been pocketing $200,000 a month in Amazon salary for it. Sometimes these data leaks and hackings unveil the damnedest truths.
Almost 100% of the time if someone is saying or doing something it's for money.... Could be the most greatest thing you ever wanted to hear, but deep underneath someone somewhere is making money off of it. "We planted 50,000 trees this year to help offset our environmental impact!!!" Meanwhile they clear cut 500 square miles of old forest to make paper.... So my faith in humanity is restored. I have faith in the lowest of the low. lol There are good people in this world but the cheating scum will usually rise to the top and be in the positions to do the most damage lol

Slinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Guys please help, what's a twitch? I need a handsome hacker lawyer to explain it to me.

Also I just assumed Eric was humming the Jurassic Park theme for no reason...

As for dread, I'm happy to hear so many like it. It's a decent game, but it doesn't really give me what I want (as a metroid experience). Than again, I'm a weird guy who likes the original metroid 2 the most... dread feels like a mix of fusion and samus returns; some people will like it more, some will like it less.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
As for dread, I'm happy to hear so many like it. It's a decent game, but it doesn't really give me what I want (as a metroid experience). Than again, I'm a weird guy who likes the original metroid 2 the most... dread feels like a mix of fusion and samus returns; some people will like it more, some will like it less.
It does indeed feel like they took the best of Fusion and SR. Fun fact: Mercury Steam actually pitched a Fusion remake to Nintendo at first, and that's how SR got made.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a double take at the address bar when you said gbatemp. Net. ive anyways googled to get here and never realized they didn't have a com. I must have forgot about all the gbatemp websites.

Also id never thought id hear an impression of a member of this site largely because it's a text based forum but i think you hit the nail on the head imitating him.

Slinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It does indeed feel like they took the best of Fusion and SR. Fun fact: Mercury Steam actually pitched a Fusion remake to Nintendo at first, and that's how SR got made.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Both the EMMI's and the unforgiving bosses reminds me of fusion. Thanks for that nugget!

By the way, you mentioned that [SR on] the 3DS was uncomfortable for you. I assume you're not playing on an XL model? I played it on a 2DS XL and it felt quit OK (in contrast the DS Lite feels really cramped in my adult-sized hands).

Oh and I agree on having to click the L stick to enable speed boost... thankfully you don't need to hold it down, but it still feels so wrong to click while tilting. At least the shinespark puzzles themselves are fun. I always enjoy those.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Both the EMMI's and the unforgiving bosses reminds me of fusion. Thanks for that nugget!

By the way, you mentioned that [SR on] the 3DS was uncomfortable for you. I assume you're not playing on an XL model? I played it on a 2DS XL and it felt quit OK (in contrast the DS Lite feels really cramped in my adult-sized hands).

Oh and I agree on having to click the L stick to enable speed boost... thankfully you don't need to hold it down, but it still feels so wrong to click while tilting. At least the shinespark puzzles themselves are fun. I always enjoy those.
Yep I played on a normal sized 3DS. The entire time I kept thinking how much better it would've been to just emulate it on my PC. The performance on the OG 3DS is bad as well, a lot of frame drops during boss fights.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think the Tempcast works better as once in a week thing so that gives me time to listen to it but whatever, do what you want.

Slinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yep I played on a normal sized 3DS. The entire time I kept thinking how much better it would've been to just emulate it on my PC. The performance on the OG 3DS is bad as well, a lot of frame drops during boss fights.
I had not heard of the frame drops on the original consoles, but it sounds possible. But also, did you play it from an SD card? Partitioning and formatting on the SD card can make a big difference in performance (even for older games like animal crossing).

That being said, my 2ds xl isn't perfect either. Especially the screens. How Nintendo managed to get TN panels with so washed out colors, low resolution AND so much ghosting... all in one... it's seriously impressive.

But anyway, there is that experimental Citra core for retroarch on switch. So maybe one day SR on switch will be a reality - officially or not.;)

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost 100% of the time if someone is saying or doing something it's for money.... Could be the most greatest thing you ever wanted to hear, but deep underneath someone somewhere is making money off of it. "We planted 50,000 trees this year to help offset our environmental impact!!!" Meanwhile they clear cut 500 square miles of old forest to make paper.... So my faith in humanity is restored. I have faith in the lowest of the low. lol There are good people in this world but the cheating scum will usually rise to the top and be in the positions to do the most damage lol
thats why you need to cheat and beat them at their own game ;)

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I need to learn how to talk like Costello. Such an elegant and dignified way of speaking!

I might be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure the tempcast comes out once a week :unsure:
Technically, it comes out approximately once a week on average, and not always exactly once a week.

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've never missed a week, but the release date does vary a little.

You know, I've always wondered why I listen to the Tempcast, and I think this might be why: I appreciate the consistency. Ericzander consistently fails to read the topic list beforehand, someone else consistently mispronounces Mario's name, etc.

Keep up the good work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards