Metroid Dread has been leaked online a few days prior to official release

hero.jpg

If waiting four more days until October 8th is too much for you to handle, and you need your Metroid fix now, it might be of interest to know that Metroid Dread for Nintendo Switch has been dumped online. Both an XCI and NSP version of the game are floating about the internet, and it appears that Ryujinx Emulator can boot the game to some extent. According to the early leaked download, the game comes in at just a tick above 4GB. As always, it's important to remember that GBAtemp's ToS do NOT allow linking to warez or illegal content, so please be mindful!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't really bother me that people are pirating the game. I did, sorta, because I download only games that I own. however, I still downloaded it. I don't want any of my systems banned, since I'm an nso member. I would dump my own games, but I don't know if that leaves a bread trail for Nintendo to follow on my one hackable system. I've thought about selling it along with its dock (no cables), but I don't know if I want to do that.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I see, so much on being the high ground then. All that "preservation" talk and preaching doesn't mean shit I guess.
People all have their own reasons for doing the things they do, and two things can be true at the same time. Piracy allows people to get free games, but it also helps to preserve those games long after physical cartridges (and Switch internal storage) decay to the point of being unreadable. For my part I just want to play a game I've already pre-purchased a bit early.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. The original Zelda: Twilight Princess for Gamecube was only 1.4GB. You could beat that ---- in 30 fricking minutes.

And don't let me get started with ALTP for the SNES, which you could beat at the 30 seconds mark. It was only 16MB after all.
And dwarf fortress is like 30MB, you could probably finish it in 5 minutes.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this encourages game companies to just release games early whenever they're ready. People are impatient and if you don't capitalize on that, then stuff like this happens.
Naw this happens because the guy at Walmart is paid too little to care about his job so he steals it out of the box that says "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL *release date*!" and puts it online and brings us joy.

Reactions: Xzi

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Chary Please can you and other editors not allow THIS kind of controversial news on here, I LOVE GBAtemp, buy merchandise, and sometimes release codes for games, but as piracy laws get more constricting, AND lots of users don't support piracy as well as anti piracy law enforcement, this kind of thing can make GBAtemp a target for attack from both sides. And although in am all for free information, something like this will be all over the net anyway, and we don't need to degrade the site to advertising PURE piracy (which this leak is exactly just that) thanks for the consideration, regardless of result of this post.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
@Chary Please can you and other editors not allow THIS kind of controversial news on here, I LOVE GBAtemp, buy merchandise, and sometimes release codes for games, but as piracy laws get more constricting, AND lots of users don't support piracy as well as anti piracy law enforcement, this kind of thing can make GBAtemp a target for attack from both sides. And although in am all for free information, something like this will be all over the net anyway, and we don't need to degrade the site to advertising PURE piracy (which this leak is exactly just that) thanks for the consideration, regardless of result of this post.
First time?

I appreciate the thought out post, but a leak is gaming news. The Temp isn't directly linking nor supporting piracy and related content.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or people who are THAT against piracy to care that this post exist, can just go back to nintendolife where they belong. (Though your releases are appreciated)

I for one feel this post represents the heart and soul of Gbatemp and is at the very least very informative.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The game breaking street date and being dumped is of interest--not just an alert to tell people to go pirate that. GBAtemp as a site does not allow the linking of warez. It's notable when an important game is on the internet--for the sake of emulators already being able to run it, for as the above post said--spoilers, for many reasons. I do understand where you're coming from, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)