1. 2,728

Front-page

Joining the Switch-port league of games is the Metro series, as 2014's Redux has been announced for the Nintendo Switch. Redux contains both Metro 2033, and Metro: Last Light bundled together, with remastered visuals and all DLC included. The Nintendo Switch version of Metro Redux will fit on a single game cart, and will not require any additional downloads, while those who prefer digital will be able to buy each game seperately on the eShop. Metro Redux launches on February 28th.

2. Discussion (13 replies)

3. masagrator

masagrator The developper

Poland
    it looks like Direct got delayed and they didn't want to wait anymore... :D

_DrBecks_ likes this.
  4. Danker301090

Danker301090 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    i guess so. Thursday has seemed to be direct Thursday so perhaps next Thursday.

5. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    I Still Cant Afford a Switch ... Bloody Kids ! :) but im still interested in its stuff .... is Metro Exodus On Switch .....? its become one of favorite games on PC ... Both the older ones are still great atmospheric games

6. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng a.k.a, Your Maitreya

Sri Lanka
    I remember when I used to dream about getting the "big games" back then, only owning portables like the PSP and 3DS. Nintendo really has changed for the better. :)

7. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    These are great games. Want to play.

Reecey likes this.
  8. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Oh yeah that’s what I am talking about the Metro series! These FPS ports for the Switch are just getting better and better.

9. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    Good that it gets ported but i doubt it will have improved visuals and at best will have downgraded visuals, it also doesn't help fitting 2 games plus all dlc on a single 16 gig cartridge, there will be cuts to make it fit. Remastered visuals is just a blatant marketing lie

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  10. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    The Redux games were both "sort of remasters" of the original titles that released in 2014, they're not saying the Switch version is going to have "improved visuals" vs the normal Redux games, they're simply referring to the fact that Metro 2033 Redux and Last Light Redux are the "visually enhanced" versions of the two. They literally would not call this "Metro Redux" if it didn't include those Redux versions.

And fitting it all on a 16GB cartridge is definitely possible, seeing as the PC/Xboner/PS4 version of the collection are like barely 17GB.

Pickle_Rick likes this.
  11. Ericzander

Ericzander Always sleeps.
    Reviewer

Somalia
    God Metro 2033 was so fun. I'm not normally the biggest fan of first person games of any kind, but that one just drew me in. I'm probably going to have to pick up Last Light one of these days.

12. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    nice all on cart is the way to go, gonna get this one for sure.

13. Agusto101

Agusto101 GBAtemp Regular

Guatemala
    Oh yeah baby , so we are getting bioshock collection too, such a gem

14. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

United States
    They should have brought the latest one too, I mean I have seen people playing it in the crap GPD win 2 which is windows PC version and still kinda managed to play it with tweaks so if that crap can run it, I'm sure they can optimise it better for the switch and bring it...

15. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Finished them on PS4 and absolutely loved it. I want Metro Exodus on Switch since I don't have it on PS4.

It was rumour and now it is reality. Again... Been rumour that Metro Exodus is coming after this. I hope so.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, headed, Switch