Hacking Method to install legit CIAs via FBI without installing cfw?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I have a 3ds that I want to install a legit cia for, but I don't want to install cfw. (I know cfw is better, cooler, but this is the situation I have for this particular 3ds console)

I guess I can use some web exploit to boot FBI, any more details?

The popular online guides only talk about actually installing cfw, and the guides that simply talk about homebrew + legit cias are out of date, I'm not sure if the same exploit loading process will work.

I can see how to boot homebrew via soundhax, but if I'm on 11.14 I can't use that method.

Last edited by cearp,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I have a 3ds that I want to install a legit cia for, but I don't want to install cfw. (I know cfw is better, cooler, but this is the situation I have for this particular 3ds console)

I guess I can use some web exploit to boot FBI, any more details?

The popular online guides only talk about actually installing cfw, and the guides that simply talk about homebrew + legit cias are out of date, I'm not sure if the same exploit loading process will work.

I can see how to boot homebrew via soundhax, but if I'm on 11.14 I can't use that method.

https://github.com/luigoalma/nimhax

That can give you am:net under userland, then you can probably install signed titles with FBI after that.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
what is a "legit cia" ?
A legit CIA is simply a CIA that contains a valid, signed ticket. The important distinction with ordinary (pirate/homebrew) CIAs is that they will still boot when the system is running stock, or unmodified firmware (like when you buy it from a store and haven't installed cfw).

System firmware titles are examples of legit CIAs, along with titles that come pre-installed with certain special edition consoles (like MK7 or Zelda OOT). These are signed for all 3ds's (known as common eTickets). And then there are titles that you buy from the eshop, which will only work on your console, these are regular eTickets.

Pirate/homebrew CIAs also have tickets, but they're false-signed junk tickets that only cfw'd systems will accept. The cfw patches out the signature check that verifies these CIAs, allowing them to run without legit tickets.

Last edited by zoogie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome