Country
United Kingdom
Meteos Demo JAP NDS-iND

View NFO

Name: Meteos Demo

Filename: ind-mteo.rar

Binary Size: 1.09 MB

Release Date: 12/05/2005

In case anyone missed it! It's the wireless demo from Meteos, and works on a certain build of iDeaS (not publicly available), via WiFiMe, PassMe and NeoFlash (modified using Darkfader's ndsmall tool.).

Pic:

Pic 2:
In-Game via NeoFlash

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am lost, WiFi Me, is this like not require any hardware besides the DS? And this does not work out of the box with the NeoFlash?

Let me break it down for you.

WiFiMe:
Custom made drivers for specific PCI and PCMCIA Wifi cards with a RT2500/RT2560 chipset. Sends custom data to the DS via 'DS Download Play' on your DS that is like a virtual PassMe/MagicKey, which then tells the DS to load whatever DS ROM you have flashed to your GBA flash cart. (commercial games aren't supported IIRC).

PassMe:
Homemade PCB based off the first DS passthrough by Darkfader. Quote from official site:
QUOTEIt redirects the DS to a GBA Flash cart, so you can run your own program on the Nintendo DS. It requires the use of a commercial DS cart (for
authentication) and a GBA Flash cart (To hold your DS program) to work.
NeoFlash:
Manufactured (commercial) PassMe and GBA flash cart solution. Can run commercial ROMs.

(The Meteos demo didn't work "straight from the box" with the Neoflash. I had to "patch" it with Darkfader's tool to get it to run. As far as I'm aware all commercial DS game dumps need to be "hacked" slightly to run on a PassMe+GBA cart. All that may be fixed in time)

herbinator

Trophies
XP
Country
I was gagging for a neoflash but i dont wanna spend money with all the developments it just seems like a way to play commercial roms off any gba flash cart is just around the corner.
Also the lack of roms makes it just not worth my while at the moment hope this changes soon first thing i do is check gbatemp in the morning hoping a few more commecial roms have been released especially Nintendogs

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn... I just wish an EZFA and PassMe could run this stuff now! But I guess I gotta wait if I want to do that...

I still don't see the big deal of this game unfourtunatly.

Although it is nice to see demo dumps.

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone with a PassMe or Neoflash and want to try it out, grab Darkfader's NDSmall tool at his site (http://darkfader.net/ds/).

Then (in DOS) append the two binaries. Eg: copy /b ndsmall.bin + rom.nds newrom.nds

Is this rom playable from a GBA flashcart if I use the Nintendo DS firmware replacement called FlashMe instead of a Neoflash or PassMe?

And how do you get the FlashMe firmware onto your DS? Do you need NeoFlash or PassMe to do that?

-----------------------------------

"Flash Me" is modified firmware for the Nintendo DS that allows you to run 'homebrew' code. The firmware was initially released to a small circle of developers, and now after testing has been released to the public available for download from the official site.

With the firmware, it is no longer necessary to run a 'Pass Me' or 'Neo Key' device, thus making this a nice solution for homebrew developers with a recovery mode included as well. Additional features include:

* The button combination A+B+X+Y, gamecode "PASS" or title "DSBooter" on the GBA cartridge starts program from GBA cartridge.
* backlight fades in
* remove RSA signature check for uploading and running NDS files

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
For anyone with a PassMe or Neoflash and want to try it out, grab Darkfader's NDSmall tool at his site (http://darkfader.net/ds/).

Then (in DOS) append the two binaries. Eg: copy /b ndsmall.bin + rom.nds newrom.nds

Is this rom playable from a GBA flashcart if I use the Nintendo DS firmware replacement called FlashMe instead of a Neoflash or PassMe?

And how do you get the FlashMe firmware onto your DS? Do you need NeoFlash or PassMe to do that?

-----------------------------------

"Flash Me" is modified firmware for the Nintendo DS that allows you to run 'homebrew' code. The firmware was initially released to a small circle of developers, and now after testing has been released to the public available for download from the official site.

With the firmware, it is no longer necessary to run a 'Pass Me' or 'Neo Key' device, thus making this a nice solution for homebrew developers with a recovery mode included as well. Additional features include:

* The button combination A+B+X+Y, gamecode "PASS" or title "DSBooter" on the GBA cartridge starts program from GBA cartridge.
* backlight fades in
* remove RSA signature check for uploading and running NDS files

If u use flashme u wouldnt be able to save because the NDS save is stored in the actually NDS cart that is placed in the neo key.

elifecyber

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
wow that seem like the emulators are pretty far on it
smile.gif
well it's gonna be good to play this on the DS
smile.gif
now I just need to find it...