Gaming Metal Slug 2 slowdown

invaderyoyo

invader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just bought Metal Slug 2 off of the eshop and the slowdown is pretty bad. Didn't bother to do any research before buying it since it didn't even cross my mind that this would be an issue.

When there are more than a couple of enemies or projectiles on the screen it just buckles under the load I guess. Idk if the original was like this since I only have Metal Slug X on PSX and Anthology on PSP. Metal Slug 2 runs perfectly on PSP so I know it can be done on Switch.

This is just a heads up. I'll update this post if it gets fixed. Pretty disappointing.

Last edited by invaderyoyo,
Reactions: Glyptofane

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
this is how the original game plays, that is the way the game was coded, yeah metal slyg 2 was badly coded on neo geo.

they are just porting the game not remaking the entire source code so even on a hyper gaming pc the game will be like that.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's probably a bad port of the game or emulator on the system. Do they offer refund on eshop? I hope that game gets updated for better performance.
its not a bad port ... just watch the videos of metal slug running on actual neo geo its exactly like that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

people even maded moded roms to reduce slowdown and obviosuly some emus have hacked codes to run the game without the slowdowns

obviously they didnt moded the roms or added hacks to their neo geo emulator on the switch, but they delivered you the original game like it was on neo geo, they have no obligations to mod roms or make hacks to their emulator.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh, I didn't know the original was like that. It runs great on PSP.

Definitely wouldn't have bought it if I knew.
there is the metal Slug X versions wich is basicaly a remake of metal slug 2 with some small changes and lag free, yeah they messed up big time on metal slug 2 this is why its the only metal slug with an actual remake lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)