Hacking Metal max 3 eng patched problem on r4 gold pro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everybody. Can anyone help me? I can not load Metal Max 3 (english patched) on my r4 gold pro, both with his kernel and ysmenu: first one gives me white screens and corrupts SD card, second one gives an error. Is there a sort of protection? If so, is there an a.p. patch that i can apply on the rom? Thanks in advance.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody. Can anyone help me? I can not load Metal Max 3 (english patched) on my r4 gold pro, both with his kernel and ysmenu: first one gives me white screens and corrupts SD card, second one gives an error. Is there a sort of protection? If so, is there an a.p. patch that i can apply on the rom? Thanks in advance.
Works fine here on my DSTWO

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everybody. I am very sorry and disappointed that no one has responded to my request for help. You are usually all so nice and willing to help. Is it possible that no one owns a r4 pro gold and has tried to play Metal Max 3 eng patched? Do you have the same problem as me, both with r4 pro gold software and with ysmenu? I tried to decrypt the ROM, or apply a.p. patch but it always gives me 'opcode error 4'. Is there a solution to get around the problem and make it work on this flash cart? I hope someone will answer me, or at least tell me if they have the same problem as me.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody. I am very sorry and disappointed that no one has responded to my request for help. You are usually all so nice and willing to help. Is it possible that no one owns a r4 pro gold and has tried to play Metal Max 3 eng patched? Do you have the same problem as me, both with r4 pro gold software and with ysmenu? I tried to decrypt the ROM, or apply a.p. patch but it always gives me 'opcode error 4'. Is there a solution to get around the problem and make it work on this flash cart? I hope someone will answer me, or at least tell me if they have the same problem as me.

There is no way to get it working on thst flashcart

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I can't help you with that specific flashcart, but I had a similar problem with sonic colors and okamiden with my sdhc 2019 flashcart, they wouldn't work. After testing different things I tried a different rom and it worked, so the only thing I can recommend is to try a different rom. Maybe try to run it unpatched and see if it works, if not it might be a compatibility issue as pointed out by another forum member.

Last edited by tmnr1992,

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry I can't help you with that specific flashcart, but I had a similar problem with sonic colors and okamiden with my sdhc 2019 flashcart, they wouldn't work. After testing different things I tried a different rom and it worked, so the only thing I can recommend is to try a different rom. Maybe try to run it unpatched and see if it works, if not it might be a compatibility issue as pointed out by another forum member.
Thank you for having answered to my appeal. Both roms (original and caravan edition) work without problems if unpatched, while they don't start if I apply the translation patch. My only hope lies in an upcoming, albeit unlikely, update of the RetroGameFan ysmenu database.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the patched ROM work in an emulator? Before patching, is the unpatched ROM's CRC32: 03440034? For the patched ROM, I have: F6793E12.

Last edited by zfreeman,

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does the patched ROM work in an emulator? Before patching, is the unpatched ROM's CRC32: 03440034? For the patched ROM, I have: F6793E12.
Hi. I tried the prepatched version found on [romsite], and I patched the normal (not caravan) version myself, and both work on android DraStic. I don't know their CRC32 code.

Last edited by AlanJohn, , Reason: Removed romsite name

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right-click.
hash.png

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't have an available PC to check the CRC32 code, as I usually copy the roms from android Tablet to microSD. In any case the patched roms work with DraStic, so the version used is the right one. In my opinion the problem is that RGF ysmenu database is not updated to the recently released English translation of this game.

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for having answered to my appeal. Both roms (original and caravan edition) work without problems if unpatched, while they don't start if I apply the translation patch. My only hope lies in an upcoming, albeit unlikely, update of the RetroGameFan ysmenu database.

What format is the patch and which program are you using to patch the rom?

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What format is the patch and which program are you using to patch the rom?
Hi. the translation is in xdelta format and I use android Unipatcher. But I repeat that the patched game works normally with DraStic emulator, while launched on DS with ysmenu it gives me 'errcode 4' caused, in my opinion, by loading data missing in infolib, or outdated ttpatch.dat in ysmenu folder.

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks to everyone who has been interested in my problem.
Above all I wait for someone who owns my same flashcard (r4 gold pro, the one with the infamous 'timebomb') to tell me if, in his case, Metal Max 3 eng patched works or not, via ysmenu. Instead, as I said at the beginning, the only time I tried it with its own software (r4i v.4.0b) the game crashed while loading, and after turning the DS off and on, appeared 'menu?' image and the microSD turned out, inserted in the pc, corrupt and not formatted, and the worst thing was that I had lost all the saves.

GVmanX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! ATAVOL, YOU FUCKING GENIUS, YOU DID IT! I don't know if there'll be issues later in the game, but, for the time being, everything's loading up the way it should. Additionally, that guy's advice in the thread for loading the standard firmware on top of YSMenu works perfectly, too. It'll be a bit of a hassle to boot it up every time, but it's just for this game.

Thanks again, atavol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What Network is it on? I wanna see what you guys are talking about. N What time frame is it on...