Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience Releases This October

mgsv def ed.png

Shortly after the unveiling of Metal Gear Survive, Konami announced the release of another Metal Gear game. Not an entirely new game, Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience includes Hideo Kojima's MGSV: Ground Zeroes and MGSV: The Phantom Pain and their respective DLCs:

dlcs.png

This edition is set to be released on October 13, 2016 for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam) for US$49.99.

:arrow: SOURCE

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah i was hoping for mission 51, even if it was just another boss fight.

Nice logotype ..... barf

Do not buy this, get both phantom pain and ground zeroes for 40$ or less and if will be the definitive edition, all extra dlc is not worth it.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am still pissed that I bought it at full price on release. The stores STILL have the day one version and it only costs 10 euro NEW. I could've bought this. Mgs5 is not bad, but the taken out chapter 3 would've been nice

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I am still pissed that I bought it at full price on release. The stores STILL have the day one version and it only costs 10 euro NEW. I could've bought this. Mgs5 is not bad, but the taken out chapter 3 would've been nice
Definitely, it's a damn shame it didn't get properly finished. I absolutely love the game, I can only guess how much I would've loved it had konami given kojima carte blanche :/

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Definitely, it's a damn shame it didn't get properly finished. I absolutely love the game, I can only guess how much I would've loved it had konami given kojima carte blanche :/
5 has the best gameplay of the whole franchise. It just feels good to run around, and sneaking feels natural. I don't care that much about the mgs5 story, since it isn't as important as some other mgs game like 3. I would've loved for them to add alot more missions. But looks like Konami only wants the cash. So much wasted potential

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can't wait for more Metal GTA Solid - wait, no.

Shallowest MGS by far, I was glad I had finally finished it.
Shallowest maybe, excellent gameplay and atmosphere though.
Wasn't it only so shallow because Kojima and team couldn't actually finish it?
If i remember correctly kojima wanted to make it huge and went over budget and konami didn't want to pay the extra cost. I'm going off of memory here though.
5 has the best gameplay of the whole franchise. It just feels good to run around, and sneaking feels natural. I don't care that much about the mgs5 story, since it isn't as important as some other mgs game like 3. I would've loved for them to add alot more missions. But looks like Konami only wants the cash. So much wasted potential
I really really loved MGS V's story, on the whole anyway. It had some iffy bits of course. The big twist i figured out 5 seconds in, but then i thought "nah that can't be it" and enjoyed it immensely. Only for later on when the twist was to be revealed to absolutely love it. It fits in perfectly in the established storylines in the previous games too.

Reactions: Justinde75

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wasn't it only so shallow because Kojima and team couldn't actually finish it?
The characters are paper-thin and the story itself is just a big cop-out. It's even worse than "NANOMACHINES, SON!" (google it if you don't know what I'm talking about). It feels like the writers went "dude, we don't know how to explain all this crazy shit, so LOL <spoiler>". The only REAL nice thing about the story was the plot-twist at the end and the 1-2 missions with Quiet. The rest was a borefest. Even Skullface, which started as an interesting character in Ground Zeroes, turns out to be just a Bond-like villain that does evil stuff because evil. The final mission that was cut out from the game would've made EVERYTHING better, too bad they never finished it.

Gameplay was good, sure, but it wasn't Metal Gear Solid AT ALL. It just feels like they glued some mechanics on top of GTA V. The huge sandbox, the "missions", the running around with a horse/humvee... It's all there.

I don't like GTA games (I find them horribly boring) so that might explain why all you guys like it while I don't :P

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just curious WHY NO PS3 RELEASE? O_O
I mean there is ps3 format games for this, it can fit all on the disc, because bluray but can't say the same for XBox 360, anyway, for someone like me who played the first metal gear solid games (except the third) how disappointed would i be in the change from "Tactical espionage action" to Peace walker style "Tactical espionage operations" :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    prime deez nuts
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies :D put 'em here :O
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The mutated Axolotl was awesome
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bet you don't pirate game either
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They really wanna get the head
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    legit nobody irl knows I'm trans(it hasn't been long enough yet)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Be really careful out there. There are people who use trans people to their advantage, and its really sad in general. :(
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nobody is safe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage, stuff that they are uncomfortable about.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Mhm